July 23, 2011 TCF Stadium Minneapolis II - A Sort Of U2 Prairie Homecoming Companion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I Move in Mysterious Ways said:
My sister and I brought my dad in 2005. It was kinda odd - we looked off to the side at one point and saw dad sort of "jamming," in the loosest sense of the word.

:giggle: My parents saw U2 for the first time when I saw them for the first time...they were in seats so when I found them afterwards I was in proud parent mode like "Omg did you guys LOVE it?!" My mom told me that my dad was dancing and almost hit her in the head in the process. My dad's "dancing" is...well...hysterical.

vjacqb said:
Since I prefer outer rail for this tour, I always roll my eyes everytime I see someone getting into the inner circle long after I got my outer rail spot and they jump for joy with their fists in the air like they've achieved something. Psst, dude, it's not that hard to get into the inner circle... :D

For some reason this made me :lmao: Ah, people who are not in the know :cute:

rosephile said:
he's some sourpuss who hates Bono.

Hence why I do not like him :wink:

ryancoke71 said:
I'm 5'11, and if I get rail, it's mine!:wink:

:lol: Amy :heart:

I guess I'm a railskank in the basic sense of the term- I don't care much about what the Claw is doing, I just wanna be up the band's butts :wink: That's why I line up. That, and the line is just the greatest experience :heart:

Touché! :lol:

There was a woman in line in Baltimore who was from Brazil, and her English wasn't perfect...so when we asked her what spot she was going for, she said "In Bono's butt!" :laugh: :cute:

:giggle: My parents saw U2 for the first time when I saw them for the first time...they were in seats so when I found them afterwards I was in proud parent mode like "Omg did you guys LOVE it?!" My mom told me that my dad was dancing and almost hit her in the head in the process. My dad's "dancing" is...well...hysterical.

It was fun bringing Dad though. He didn't really know anything by them, though he seemed to recognize New Year's Day. He liked it a lot though.

Actually, I convinced my cousin to go to Chicago 1 in 2009. Afterwards, he convinced his Dad to go to the next show - so we're all going on Tuesday :lol:

That's so great. I think it's awesome to share that stuff with our families. They can kinda see the method to the madness.

I feel for the vertically challenged, because I am one of them (um, five feet one inch and a little bit). My husband is 6'4", and he always lets short people stand in front of him because he feels so badly about blocking their view and he can see from anywhere. At several concerts I have ended up (thanks to nice guys who also let me in front of them) as far as twenty feet in front of my husband!

So please be nice to us shorties in Minneapolis (and everywhere else, like Chicago and Pittsburgh and Moncton).

That's so great. I think it's awesome to share that stuff with our families. They can kinda see the method to the madness.

I'm sort of hit or miss with bringing friends and family. While my dad liked the show, his already bad hearing was screwed up for several days afterwards. My sister and I had front rail in Chicago for the Vertigo DVD shoot - she passed out during All Because of You. My friend tried to stand on his chair to see over the video wall during Elevation (we were behind the stage), and he just about did a Pete Rose slide down the stairs. As much as my cousin liked 360, he kept getting distracted by the random pot blasts crossing his path ("Dah! Where is that COMING FROM!?").

I figure if my folks are having a really miserable time, they can head out early, as we're staying so close to the stadium. I'm kind of assuming they might want to skip out a bit early anyway to beat the rush.

Which is fine. I'll make them stay to see the "galaxy of lights" before MOS, and then we'll slip out. :shh:

Rolling into Minneapolis Friday at about 1 or so with about 15 people... we're staying at the Days Inn and gonna head to the stadium before check in at the hotel. I'm REALLY hoping there is a GA line or some type of organization started like there was in Denver, but then again, we're 5 minutes from walking to the stadium so we can come and go as we please.

Also, is Leaning Tower of Pizza still the meet up spot Friday night? If so I'd come hang out for a few hours and drink with a few Interference members.

Yes, it is still the meet up spot. I can't reacall if we have picked a particular time to meet up yet.

We'll see you at the Days Inn too, aka Interference Central!:wink:

I saw this on the FB statuses of my friends who were there. Someone tried to plead with security, but as of the morning they still said no bags allowed. But I didn't ask them afterwards to see if security changed their mind by the time they opened the gates.
My friend just got back to me about East Lansing. Initially they did not allow any bag of any size whatsoever to the stadium. That's what security told people in the GA line throughout the day. But when they opened the gate, they ended up allowing people with bags in. He thinks it's because U2 security told them to allow people to bring their bags in.

Yes, it is still the meet up spot. I can't reacall if we have picked a particular time to meet up yet.

We'll see you at the Days Inn too, aka Interference Central!:wink:

Let's say 6pm (until whenever, at least 10 pm) at The Leaning Tower of Pizza--right across the street from the Days Inn which is across the street from TCF Stadium. I'll figure out nametags, and I'll talk to the restaurant when I get back from Montreal and Toronto.

(I am busy with the Aquatennial Coronation until 2 or 3 pm that afternoon, but thankfully not into evening.)

My friend just got back to me about East Lansing. Initially they did not allow any bag of any size whatsoever to the stadium. That's what security told people in the GA line throughout the day. But when they opened the gate, they ended up allowing people with bags in. He thinks it's because U2 security told them to allow people to bring their bags in.

Good! ffs, East Lansing, FFS.

Let's say 6pm (until whenever, at least 10 pm) at The Leaning Tower of Pizza--right across the street from the Days Inn which is across the street from TCF Stadium. I'll figure out nametags, and I'll talk to the restaurant when I get back from Montreal and Toronto.

(I am busy with the Aquatennial Coronation until 2 or 3 pm that afternoon, but thankfully not into evening.)

Good times. :)

So, our state government is shut down. Good news for concertgoers: metro transit says they can keep the trains & buses running for a month, so y'all are in the clear.

Rest stops are closed though, for peeps driving in from out of state.

Anyone out there want to share a room as close as we can get to TCF ? Anyone... Bueller... Class ...? I just need to get back to the airport around noonish on Sunday is all I care about... besides seeing the Gang kill it on Saturday night!
Wphew, glad the LR and buses are still going!

I dreamt last night I was at the show with my parents, but our seats were not only behind the stage, they were blocked by some sort of wall. We could only see the top of the Claw, not even the screen.

And the bleachers were so tiny, you couldn't even stand!

And the whole stadium had shrunk, like they'd moved the show to a high school football field.

And then the band came out to Let's Go Crazy by Prince.

I have to say, I was really relieved when I woke up and realized that wasn't real. :crack:

We will meet for sure. We have been picking a spot to meet after the show to swap show stories. It was incredibly fun in Winnipeg, even though I have to deal with the fact that Kramwest saw me right after my first leather experience!:shifty:

We will meet for sure. We have been picking a spot to meet after the show to swap show stories. It was incredibly fun in Winnipeg, even though I have to deal with the fact that Kramwest saw me right after my first leather experience!:shifty:

What she is leaving out is that she wasn't walking afterward. She was just floating and being pulled along by her husband.

:D

:lol: pretty much!:wink:

The only thing I did not like about GA was that we didn't get the chance to go for drinks again. The hubby and I really enjoyed meeting you and Heather! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom