July 23, 2011 TCF Stadium Minneapolis II - A Sort Of U2 Prairie Homecoming Companion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, price gouging at its finest. :/ I'd just stay somewhere farther away, since you'll have a car and all. A 15 mile drive after the show is a lot better than trying to drive home.

Ah, price gouging at its finest. :/ I'd just stay somewhere farther away, since you'll have a car and all. A 15 mile drive after the show is a lot better than trying to drive home.

absolutely. I pm'd mysterious, see if he wants to share a room

I searched but found nothing about what I could or could not bring into tcf... anyone class...bueller ?....:shifty:

Hee, you're asking about booze, I assume? XD It's probably not allowed in any form, so risk sneaking it in, or don't risk it.

I'd be up to sharing a room if I knew my wife wasn't insterested in coming with, but she hasn't exactly been too clear thus far :huh:

I doubt you can bring any of those inside. Depends on how vigorously they'll be checking bags--you could probably take a couple small snacks in in a purse/little backpack. I snuck a water bottle in in the pocket of my U2 hoodie (draped over my arm, not wearing it) in Anaheim. Just be prepared to have to toss whatever it is if they get cranky with you at the entrance?

Plan on not bringing any bag inside if you're doing GA. I've seen different policies for different venues. In Denver they didn't really check/care about any bag at all. But I heard the East Lansing stadium (which is also a university stadium) did not allow any bag whatsoever to GA.

I think snacks in decent proportion is tolerable. People usually bring 1-2 granola bars inside. The policy for water/drinks also differs between venues. Some people smuggle juice boxes/pouches in their pants pockets. Some venues allow people to bring in one sealed bottle of water (the small ones, 16-24oz, not the big Liter bottle).

They must allow some items inside, the upper level is mostly benches, so stadium seatpads should be okay (although probably not for GA).
Small food stuff is easy, just mumble something about your blood sugar level and doctor's orders, and security would be foolish to argue.

I just called a number I found online for TCF and actually spoke with someone there, they directed me to TCF Bank Stadium: Schedule & Promotions: Special Events. This link shows what you cannot bring into the stadium, pretty much everything is prohibited less whatever you wear to the show. I will try to bring a couple mini bottles in and some granola bars but I will expect to lose both. Who's got a line on gadget shoes with hidden pockets for food?!?! I used to have flip flops that held almost a shot per flop. I didn't wash them out though and it cracked the plastic, lol. Maybe a good time to reinvest... :ohmy:

Places don't seem to pat you down anymore, you could shove something in between your belt and your back as long as you're not wearing a tight shirt...idk, get creative.

I got it! A large colostomy bag... "hey buddy you can't bring that in here" , "bro, help me out here, I just went to the bathroom while standing in line, that's just urine, It's not beer or liquor...geeze" "ok buddy, get the hell in there then, sorry"

That's pretty creative... not real funny (for those who actually have to use one) but very creative....:hmm:

I got it! A large colostomy bag... "hey buddy you can't bring that in here" , "bro, help me out here, I just went to the bathroom while standing in line, that's just urine, It's not beer or liquor...geeze" "ok buddy, get the hell in there then, sorry"

That's pretty creative... not real funny (for those who actually have to use one) but very creative....:hmm:

Ohhhh, dear. XD

I got panicked seeing the link to the "what you can't bring" list, but I didn't see anything on there that was cause for alarm.

I usually can sneak in a couple of granola bars, either in my purse or my cargo pants. But my family and I won't be showing up until later - I don't even know that I'll go to see Interpol, unless they're fine with me going first and them meeting me there.

I'm curious to know how that went/if they stuck to that...I mean, what a disaster in the making. D:
I saw this on the FB statuses of my friends who were there. Someone tried to plead with security, but as of the morning they still said no bags allowed. But I didn't ask them afterwards to see if security changed their mind by the time they opened the gates.

Yeah, a couple of granola bars should be fine. Sneak them in, or if they pat you down, just have them in your hand and say what Mark said. I've done both. In Jersey in 2009 they pat us down, and I showed them my granola bar and they were fine with it. It's not as if it's competition with the $10 hot dogs they're selling at the concession stands...

My philosophy is to only panic when it's come to that point. Soooo...like say, you're bunching up to go in and you realize you're holding the wrong ticket. (thank god THAT's never happened to me...) THAT's when you panic. ;D

I saw this on the FB statuses of my friends who were there. Someone tried to plead with security, but as of the morning they still said no bags allowed. But I didn't ask my friends afterwards to see if security changed their mind by the time they opened the gates.

That's so weird. o_O If you get updated further, post? :)

My philosophy is to only panic when it's come to that point. Soooo...like say, you're bunching up to go in and you realize you're holding the wrong ticket. (thank god THAT's never happened to me...) THAT's when you panic. ;D
:lol: this happened to Dave Darroch who was lining up behind me in Anaheim. He had to ruffle through a bunch of tickets before finding the right one! I told him he's crazy for keeping all of his old ticket stubs in his pants pocket!!

That's so weird. o_O If you get updated further, post? :)
I will ask him. He's at the Miami show right now, so maybe I won't get an answer until tomorrow but I'll post his answer here.

Nice. :D

I'd be curious to hear what Big 10 stadium security has seen given their no-booze policy.

I have an Eagle Creek pouch that loops through your belt and then hangs down inside the front of your pants. It's for your passport and a fair amount of cash, but it's large enough for my... well, thing that I have smuggled into some U2 shows plus accessories. :shh:
You could easily put a flask in it or a few small airplane bottles.

Yeah, NicV had given me the wrong Anaheim ticket on Saturday. Thankfully, we compared tickets to make sure we all had the right one before we left the hotel, and there was only a minute and a half of panic until she realized she'd given me her used stub from last night instead of the ticket for that night's show.

:lol:

... then hangs down inside the front of your pants. ... but it's large enough for my... well, thing

Okay, who wants to take this one? :wink:

Yeah, NicV had given me the wrong Anaheim ticket on Saturday. Thankfully, we compared tickets to make sure we all had the right one before we left the hotel, and there was only a minute and a half of panic until she realized she'd given me her used stub from last night instead of the ticket for that night's show.

:lol:

:panic:

Her first reaction was "YOU CAN HAVE MY TICKET" but thankfully redkat realized that the ticket I was holding was marked, and clearly from the first night.

Whew! D:

...but it's large enough for my... well, thing that I have smuggled into some U2 shows plus accessories. :shh:

Haha, I think the people by me in Denver had a ...thing to share. I should've shared the second time they offered too, as it only lasted five minutes.

I have an Eagle Creek pouch that loops through your belt and then hangs down inside the front of your pants. It's for your passport and a fair amount of cash, but it's large enough for my... well, thing that I have smuggled into some U2 shows plus accessories. :shh:
You could easily put a flask in it or a few small airplane bottles.

eagle_creek_security_hidden_pocket.jpg

This, but in black. The 2 loops are for whether you have a black belt or a khaki belt or pants.

I had a couple of thousand dollars soaking in Mark sweat in Mongolia. :yuck: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom