July 23, 2011 TCF Stadium Minneapolis II - A Sort Of U2 Prairie Homecoming Companion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GA looked so packed @ Chicago, and it was so hot. I am kinda concerned about DDs but it is MN (good to be home) Good to know, had a run in with a real nazi security guy in Chi-town, a real jerk

Oo, wonder if it was the same one who threatened to arrest me! He was a dick, and he was very very unobservant and slow (didn't recognize unique-looking people who'd seen him from 4-whatever in the morning onward, didn't comprehend responses from his minions that, YEAH, everyone in the first two pens had already been scanned, etc.).

If you were driving to Minneapolis, hand0lotion wants a ride from Milwaukee. She was nice. :) Bonus, she's only like 2 minutes from the highway.

She's paranoid about buying a ticket first & foremost, so I'm not sure. She's on here though, she'll pipe up again sometime...

I just bought caved and bought a parking pass for the Ski-U-Mah Lot($25). Looks like its a bit closer than the other lot they're pre-selling(Wash Ave ramp). From the tone of the email they're pretty much expecting Armageddon. I guess since the Gopher football team is so bad they don't know what 55k+ people descending on TCF stadium will be like :wink:

http://www1.umn.edu/pts/maps/Library/stadium/Overview/SKI.pdf

Yeah, I would likely have been all over it, but then Travis said he DID want to come, which kind of changes things a bit, I would say :lol:

Seriously! :hyper:

Thanks, I'd greatly appreciate it. We're not going to get to see Paul McCartney like I'd wanted (So so so bummed about this) because I got switched to midnights and he's playing on Sunday and Monday, neither day I can do, so we're putting that money to good use :wink:

ok I have two options for you but you need to clean out your inbox so I can pm you! :flirt:

Oo, wonder if it was the same one who threatened to arrest me! .

This was an older guy who was working near our section.My DH talked to him and asked if we could move as our seats were total crap, obstructed but not listed as such.The guy said yes if there were empty seats, or we could stand at the back, just as bad... Well anyway, we moved one section over and down a few rows where there was empty seats.Someone came and we were more then happy to move back and along he came, demanding to see our tickets and tell us we had to leave!! Showed him our tickets, and moved back to our crap seats.A few minutes later, a couple who moved a few seats were told they had to leave without even seeing their tickets, but also let them go back to their seats five seats away....

He was older, like 50s+, very tan (or naturally that color), bald/buzzed head but you could tell he had dark hair, maybe 5' 6"-5' 8". Dunno where he went after policing the GA all day, luckily didn't see him again once I went in.

If you were driving to Minneapolis, hand0lotion wants a ride from Milwaukee. She was nice. :) Bonus, she's only like 2 minutes from the highway.

We might be able to. We were going to go through Milwuakee (to avoid the toll road) and according to Mapquest it's just 20 miles out of the way. Not sure yet what are plans are though, so definitely if someone else can do it, feel free to do so :D.
ok I have two options for you but you need to clean out your inbox so I can pm you! :flirt:

Could you send the PM to LemonMelon? I can't clean my PM box out for sentimental reasons :uhoh:

We might be able to. We were going to go through Milwuakee (to avoid the toll road) and according to Mapquest it's just 20 miles out of the way. Not sure yet what are plans are though, so definitely if someone else can do it, feel free to do so :D.

Could you send the PM to LemonMelon? I can't clean my PM box out for sentimental reasons :uhoh:

ok sent it to him....

Hey Rosephile, thanks for putting the ad up for me! Lol!

Yes, I live in Milwaukee, very close to an exit on I-94 and I-45. And YES, I'M ABSOLUTELY DOING MINNEAPOLIS. (asking various U2 contacts to scour a GA for me, but worse case scenario, I'll buy from Stubhub above face value. So absolutely going to MN.)

I will chip in for gas, for sure :D

I need to work on Friday (22 July), but I hope to leave Milwaukee right after work so we can get in line/ put our names on the list/etc. (whatever we need to do to be up front in the GA line). Best of all, my work hours are pretty flexible, so if we needed to, I could actually leave work at 12pm/1pm/2pm on Friday (22 July) and be ready to leave for the drive at 1pm/2pm/3pm on Friday.

:D

Last edited:
Thanks dear, I edited my earlier post to include I-45 now!

Hmm, too many people on here are looking for Minneapolis GA. This show is gonna be hot! I need to set a cut-off date for myself on when I will surrender to that ((&)#&(!# money-ripping StubHub, so they have time to mail it to me.

As badly as I want to do GA again, I doubt I'll be able to find tickets in a timely fashion, and I think I'll settle for seats.

We got home just before 3:30am, btw. Made great time! And I wasn't speeding excessively (<10mph) either--too many cops around and Wisconsin is NOT Illinois, haha. Still can't get over going 65mph behind school buses on the "40mph" Lake Shore Drive.

Thanks dear, I edited my earlier post to include I-45 now!

Hmm, too many people on here are looking for Minneapolis GA. This show is gonna be hot! I need to set a cut-off date for myself on when I will surrender to that ((&)#&(!# money-ripping StubHub, so they have time to mail it to me.

have you tried ticketmaster? I pull up tickets every time. No GA's but I did score a Red Zone a few weeks ago :flirt: So things are still available. Just keep checking daily.

Oh I was just saying that I have been unable to pull anything up on Ticketmaster lately save the highest priced seats.

As badly as I want to do GA again, I doubt I'll be able to find tickets in a timely fashion, and I think I'll settle for seats.

Hey bono_212, what do you consider a timely fashion? Are you talking about mail time? Cos I'm wondering how long I should allow for StubHub to mail my ticket to me if I decide to use them.

arw, thanks for the ticketmaster tipoff, but I think scalper (ie: Stubhub) GAs are cheaper than TM Redzones, and GAs are still closer to the stage. I don't mind doing my time in line for a rail spot, barring a clusterfuck.

rosephile, I forgot to ask you: were the school buses empty? Maybe they thought they could speed cos it's summer vaca :lol: I was just thinking about some of your wise insights, like how one cannot ogle at Adam openly because he's too interactive with the crowd. :wink: We must pretend to watch Bono once in a while:shifty:

I couldn't tell, I was directly behind them and never passed/was passed by them.

Haha, well, you can if you're ~brazen~ like that.

Hey bono_212, what do you consider a timely fashion? Are you talking about mail time? Cos I'm wondering how long I should allow for StubHub to mail my ticket to me if I decide to use them.

arw, thanks for the ticketmaster tipoff, but I think scalper (ie: Stubhub) GAs are cheaper than TM Redzones, and GAs are still closer to the stage. I don't mind doing my time in line for a rail spot, barring a clusterfuck.

rosephile, I forgot to ask you: were the school buses empty? Maybe they thought they could speed cos it's summer vaca :lol: I was just thinking about some of your wise insights, like how one cannot ogle at Adam openly because he's too interactive with the crowd. :wink: We must pretend to watch Bono once in a while:shifty:

Oh I don't know, lol. I just need to get these plans as best in gear as I can, but honestly, I'd be half tempted to just go and hope for a GA while I'm there. I saw several people completely incapable of getting rid of GAs in the line in Chicago. But of course, I trust in that, and then that's when I end up with no ticket.

Ugh, I just hate seats so much lol.

Chicago was "hotter" than Minneapolis and yet those people couldn't get rid of their tickets. Seems like people are trying to get rid of tickets at EVERY stadium show, I think it'd be fine to show up without a ticket already. just make a sign that says "I need a GA" and you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom