July 20, 21 - Amsterdam Arena

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JanuaryStar

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Searched but saw no other 'official' thread on this yet, if there's already one please forgive me and close this thread!

So, who's going? Just ordered my tickets about 1,5 hours ago and the transaction went really smooth through LiveNation :)

@ the dutch folks here:
Can you still buy tickets in a post office in NL? I'm living near the border and I thought I could try it, but then the livenation deal came to my mind...:hmm:
Thanks a lot!

Anyone know the cheapest way to get from London to Amsterdam? I'm considering a rail/ferry deal from StenaLines that's under 90Euros. Anyone else know a better way? I kinda like boats and I've got time to kill, so speed isn't an issue for me...

So excited for this!! :hyper:

Anyone know the cheapest way to get from London to Amsterdam? I'm considering a rail/ferry deal from StenaLines that's under 90Euros. Anyone else know a better way? I kinda like boats and I've got time to kill, so speed isn't an issue for me...

Hm, that's definately cheaper than flying. :hmm: So I think you already got the cheapest.

Just checked on skyscanner.net and there are some cheapie flights for outbound 20 July and return 21 July. Check this. (Hope the link works!)

ahh i am getting nervous. Had 2 pre sale codes but used them for milan and gothenburg. I have to try and get the tix for amsterdam at the general sale with the normal people (such irony if i cant get tickets for amsterdam)

well at least i get to see 2 shows

rono and i are going :hyper:

anyone who's seen u2 in amsterdam before know how it works with trying to meet the band and get autographs before the show?
how early is everyone planning to get there the day of?

Will they close the roof on the Amsterdam Stadium?

Just wondering? Anyone been to this venue before, and if so is it any good? Got 2 tickets in section 120, but the stadium layout doesnt have the section numbers on it. Found a layout on stadium guide, but I think the one on u2.com maybe the opposite way around!

Yeah, I hope it rains so they close the roof, makes for louder crowd noise and a better atmosphere, I think. Should be a good time regardless, I've always wanted to see a concert in Holland with all the rowdy locals.

Im thinking they will close it anyway, surely?? It cuts noise pollution on the outside, it gives better visuals. I went to twickenham and Manchester on the vertigo tour, and it didn't get fully dark until the last half hour. I enjoyed the shows but found that a little bit disapointing. I'm not expecting that U2 will make it get dark earlier! But if you have a roof, then take advantage of it!
Cant wait BTW!!!

Yes, good point, I forgot about the sunny nights in July. In that case, I think you're correct, they surely will close the roof simply to make it darker inside so the light show and that gigantic video screen will have their desired affects.

rono and i are going :hyper:

anyone who's seen u2 in amsterdam before know how it works with trying to meet the band and get autographs before the show?
how early is everyone planning to get there the day of?

Amstel Hotel is a very good bet. Last time they came out during the day to sign things and receive gifts and such.

I'm planning to get there with the first train in the morning. :wink: But I'm nuts.

They might keep the roof open if it's very warm, keep in mind it's a glass roof so if you have the sun shining on that all day it'll be a cooking pot inside! They'd need LOTS of fans onstage to prevent the equipment for overheating.

So to thoughs of you who have already bought tickets, what were the prices of the tickets for GA and seats in euros please? :wink: I need to know in preparation for when the Berlin tickets go on sale! :hyper:

I'm sure they will close the roof. Willie williams has said he prefers to close the roof of a stadium if it has one. On Vertigo at Cardiff the roof was closed and it was a really sunny day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom