July 20, 21 - Amsterdam Arena

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:bump:

Just a bit of info, nothing's sure yet. But there's a chance all those flying out of Schiphol can get a bit of their money refunded. The flight tax will be gone from July 1st, and they're trying to get the people who already booked to get refunds.

Also, any of the Amsterdam GA'ers, got tips and info for the newbies here? What do you take with you on a day like that, what kind of food, drinks, chairs, whatever? What do you eat for dinner, how do you go to the toiled while you're in line all day? That kinda basic stuff.

Just a bit of info, nothing's sure yet. But there's a chance all those flying out of Schiphol can get a bit of their money refunded. The flight tax will be gone from July 1st, and they're trying to get the people who already booked to get refunds.

Any idea how to do this?

We're paying 170 euros in taxes for two roundtrip tickets from AMS-DUB. Would be nice to get that dough refunded, but couldn't find anything on google about it...

Any idea how to do this?

We're paying 170 euros in taxes for two roundtrip tickets from AMS-DUB. Would be nice to get that dough refunded, but couldn't find anything on google about it...

Ha, you got owned then, I've the same flight for 140. :p

Nah, that aside, there's no idea yet how to get the refunds. Some flight operators have already declared that they're giving the people who already bought tickets their money back, but I've not heard anything official yet. Nor from AerLingus.
I'll post it here as soon as I know it..

I payed 115 euro for a field ticket. I'm going with a friend, from the south of Holland. Probably by train, driving is way easier, but I'd rather have a beer or two or three or:D Had to work when the presale started, but got 2 tickets from a guy from Groningen. It's gonna be my second U2 gig. The first one was the third Vertigo show in Amsterdam, 16-07-2005. Welcome home U2:applaud:

I just found out today that I can go!!!!!

I've never been to a U2 concert before.

Wow! Fantastic! You're gonna have an awesome day. Did you get GA? Get there early enough to get to the front and you won't come down for days! :)

Any of the people who went to the Vertigo gig here who can help me?

I posted this in the general thread already but I figure it can't hurt to ask here, since not everyone reads there.

What are the Arena's policies on entrances? Do they check them thoroughly when you enter or are they more lax about it?
I am the only one in my group of five with a different entrance, and a ticketfast ticket rather than hard ones, so would they kick me out if I joined with them?
I emailed the Arena already, and got the regular blahblah about how it's for the flow and you need to use the right entrance and you can meet up again on the field. Well I don't want to take the risk of not being able to meet up again!
:crack: And I hate the woman already for not being able to spell my last name properly while it's in the bloody email I sent.

Is it july yet?

:shifty:

You have absolutely no patience at all, do you :tsk:

:sexywink:

And about the Arena policy, the e-mail you got back was just bureaucratic blahblah. If you're the ONLY one with a different ticket and you'll give the security guards a friendly look, I'm sure they won't make such a big deal of it, like I said yesterday evening :shrug: Just say you're scared to go in alone and are scared you can't find them back :wink:

Hi all!

I'm also going to both of the Amsterdam shows. Got the GA tickets.
Sadly my friend can't come, so I'm going alone just by myself. Would be great to meet-up with you guys.. :)

By the way, do you have any idea what hostel to book or hotel, please? some cheap and good accomodation... I heard that Flying Pig hostel is ok. So where are you staying?
I'm arriving on 18th July and leaving on 22nd. Would be great to stay with some fellow U2 fans... :hug:

Thank you in advance for any information.

You got a ticket for that friend? I'd be interested in buying it if so! :hmm:

I heard the Flying Pig is decent indeed, and most 2 star hotels are decent, just be sure you're somewhere in the good areas, basically anywhere but Bijlmer/Zuidoost. And the north part is pretty damn far away. Most of the centre is all really close to trams and subways/metros.

Galeongirl, thank you for the information.
And I'm sorry I don't have any spare tickets left. I'm going to swap friend's GA ticket for the ticket to the first show. (because I managed to buy only tickets to the second show.)

You got a ticket for that friend? I'd be interested in buying it if so! :hmm:

I heard the Flying Pig is decent indeed, and most 2 star hotels are decent, just be sure you're somewhere in the good areas, basically anywhere but Bijlmer/Zuidoost. And the north part is pretty damn far away. Most of the centre is all really close to trams and subways/metros.

Yeah the Bijlmer is s sh*t neighborhood.... Never dared to set a step on that station. Lots of creepy people.

Anyways I'm going to the Amsterdam II show on the 21st ,
I don't think well be able to meet allot of you guys,
since I dont have GA tickets and so i dont have to line up that long..
(damn i still wish i had some but i'm happy I got any tickets at all )

But I'm probably wearing a t shirt with interference.com & u2start.com on the back. So I'll be recognizable for any forum goers.
It would be really cool to bump in on you guys:hug:

Ah well you could always go to the line trough the day, you don't have to stay the whole time. :wink:

I'll probably wear my Music Rising tshirt and Edge converse :D

Ah well you could always go to the line trough the day, you don't have to stay the whole time. :wink:

I'll probably wear my Music Rising tshirt and Edge converse :D

Awesome! you have the edge converse shoe's ? with the arrows, how cool are those. They don't have the music rising shirts in my size...:angry:
I'm bummed. But olmost anything won't fit me becuase i'm so tiny!
I'll try to walk around the line and spot you:rockon:

Well, not yet at the moment. :shifty: But they're waiting for me in Australia, coming on the plane to me in July!

Oh you're too tiny? That's a shame. Mine is starting to become a bit small, but it still fits. They shrink in the laundry quite a lot.

So I booked a bed at Flying Pig Downtown hostel. :)
I'm looking forward to see u and u2 very much! :wave:

not sure what I'll be wearing though... :lol:

Well, not yet at the moment. :shifty: But they're waiting for me in Australia, coming on the plane to me in July!

Oh you're too tiny? That's a shame. Mine is starting to become a bit small, but it still fits. They shrink in the laundry quite a lot.

Then maybe I'll buy the smallest version and wash it until its small enough :applaud: How cool is that, your own Edge converse shoe's...
I'm only about 1.69 ish... haha I'm a dwarf:sexywink:

:lol: Oh for our terms you are, but don't let the foreignes hear that or we might scare them.

:wink: I'm only about 10 cm taller than you, but I got broad shoulders. Which usually means I have to wear unflattering mens tshirts since the women ones don't fit around the shoulders.

I loved the Converse's when I first saw them, they're just not available in Holland. :grumpy:
But one of my Australian friends who are coming to Amsterdam this summer(and Dublin, hee!) found them and she's bringing me a pair. :D Nicest thing ever!

:lol: Oh for our terms you are, but don't let the foreignes hear that or we might scare them.

:wink: I'm only about 10 cm taller than you, but I got broad shoulders. Which usually means I have to wear unflattering mens tshirts since the women ones don't fit around the shoulders.

I loved the Converse's when I first saw them, they're just not available in Holland. :grumpy:
But one of my Australian friends who are coming to Amsterdam this summer(and Dublin, hee!) found them and she's bringing me a pair. :D Nicest thing ever!

Great to have friends who do that, friends supply you with good stuff sometime's! There is one dutch site who sells them but they are aout 80 euro's.. I dont know what the originial price was. And i prefer mens shirts above womans actually , ive had a lot of girly shirts but they really tend to have weird shapes, or get crappy all the time.

I love the 100 edges of a star name, i actually tried to count the triangles to make sure there are exactly 100 :lol: but i lost count twice and quit.

:lol: There are 100 triangles on the shoe?? I didn't know that!

I asked around in the stores here but they all were like.. :huh: What? 100 what? Who?
:rolleyes: They didn't even know that Converse is 100 years old now, and they call themselves a sneaker store.
80 euros is a decent price, that's what you pay for most Converse's, except for the most boring colours, they're cheaper.
Mens shirts are definately more comfortable!

Yeah , "sneakershops"

Shopkeeper :

What ? 100 years :huh: What edge?:| ? THE EDGE? no I dont know, Oh , from u2 , no we dont have those....

I : I noticed....:doh:

Yeah the boring ones without a print are cheaper, maybe I'll get them for my birthday if they are still available.
We'll see, I also found that speaker shirt , edge wears. That one is so cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom