July 20, 21 - Amsterdam Arena

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GA for 20 July through the presale
Ga for 21 July through public sale; I wasn't lucky myself, but a friend of mine was..

Looking forward to seeing you all in the queue!!
Lots of people from the Dutch Yahoo newsgroup are joining too..:wave:

i am also going to the 2 arena's show's

-----------

11-07-2009 Paris Stade De France
20-07-2009 Amsterdam ArenA
21-07-2009 Amsterdam ArenA

i'll have also a ticket for the 20 juli....

-----------

11-07-2009 Paris Stade De France
20-07-2009 Amsterdam ArenA
21-07-2009 Amsterdam ArenA

There are Amsterdam tickets on other sites too. :| GA starting at 195 euros. Fucking legal scalpers!! THis is ridiculous.

Well,..i have tickets for both concerts and 2 left for swap. So,...i think i am a part off the problem because i am egoistic enough to keep 4 other U2 fans out of a ticket.

not enough tickets means high black market prices.

I have done a little research, just out of curiosity, and the number of sites who offer tickets for horrendous prices is amazing. I know some sites like world ticketshop or ticket bande, fans have been warned about these, GA tickets for 200 euros up, seats for 300 euros up :doh:

I found a record store in my city today where they had the tour announcement and it said: Tickets and packages here, so I thought I'd go there and ask for prices and arrangements next week.

Well,..i have tickets for both concerts and 2 left for swap. So,...i think i am a part off the problem because i am egoistic enough to keep 4 other U2 fans out of a ticket.

not enough tickets means high black market prices.

Well I think you're NOT a part of the problem. You got extra tickets you can offer to other fans, for a decent price rather than the 5 times face value idiocrisy. :)

anyone know if it's normal for the general sale tickets to arrive before the presale tickets?
i just received my 2 seated tickets for july 21 (via DHL), but i have yet to receive my presale GA's for the july 20th concert. :sad:

edit: TNT post just arrived with our GA tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: :happy: :dance: :applaud:

....and I've got my tickets too.. Amsterdam 20 and 21 July GA.
A bit of a bummer is the fact that my friend and I have different entrances for GA.. but then again.. I'm sure I'll meet a lot of digital U2 aquaintances.. :wave:

Hi there,

I initially thought I had failed in the General Sale for Amsterdam tickets after entering my details and being told there was an error. but I have checked my bank statement and it has gone through. I have no email confirmations, no order reference and no account with eventim.nl - is there any way of checking with them what is going on, and in english! As i can't speak dutch!

Thanks in advance!

^ Isn't there an order number on your bank statement? I'd just write them an e-mail. It's strange you haven't received a confirmation.

Hi there,

I initially thought I had failed in the General Sale for Amsterdam tickets after entering my details and being told there was an error. but I have checked my bank statement and it has gone through. I have no email confirmations, no order reference and no account with eventim.nl - is there any way of checking with them what is going on, and in english! As i can't speak dutch!

Thanks in advance!

Did you get ticketfast or hard tickets?

Are you sure you got an errormessage? One of the messages after you put in the details is not an error message, it's a waiting message saying to hold on a few seconds while they process your order.

If you need help translating Dutch, I can offer you my services since I'm fluent in both languages. :)

My presale tickets for Amsterdam arrived today. They charged me 35 euros for shipping to the UK and they just turned up in the regular mail - didn't even have to be signed for.

Hi there,

Thanks in advance!

did you use the online form to contact them?
i thought i posted it somewhere earlier in this thread. :hmm:
if you already contacted them you should contact them again and ask them why your card was charged if the tickets were cancelled.

https://secure.eventim.nl/cgi-bin/t...rall/kontakt/kontakt&affiliate=enl&plattform=

the fields to fill in are:

Aanhef*: Heer(man) Mevrouw(woman) Bedrijf(business)
Naam*: (first name)
Achternaam*: (last name)
Straat en huisnummer: (street and house number)
Postcode / Plaats: (post code - zip code / place)
Telefoon: (phone)
E-mailadres*: (email address)
E-mailadres bevestigen*: (email address again)
Ordernummer: (order number if you have it)
Show/ Concert/ Evenement/ Onderwerp*: (event)
Stel uw vraag!*: (your question here)

did you use the online form to contact them?
i thought i posted it somewhere earlier in this thread. :hmm:
if you already contacted them you should contact them again and ask them why your card was charged if the tickets were cancelled.

https://secure.eventim.nl/cgi-bin/t...rall/kontakt/kontakt&affiliate=enl&plattform=

the fields to fill in are:

Aanhef*: Heer(man) Mevrouw(woman) Bedrijf(business)
Naam*: (first name)
Achternaam*: (last name)
Straat en huisnummer: (street and house number)
Postcode / Plaats: (post code - zip code / place)
Telefoon: (phone)
E-mailadres*: (email address)
E-mailadres bevestigen*: (email address again)
Ordernummer: (order number if you have it)
Show/ Concert/ Evenement/ Onderwerp*: (event)
Stel uw vraag!*: (your question here)

Thanks very much for your help and translation. I did contact them earlier through your advice about another group of tickets. I managed to get through twice, once very early on and once very late on. I have no order number and didnt use an account to get the first lot of tickets, but I have been charged for them so perhaps I have them.

I have emailed them with the situation.

Thanks again

Anyone else going the route of the hostel in A'dam? Just booked a bed at the Flying Pig Downtown!!! :love:

Anyone else going the route of the hostel in A'dam? Just booked a bed at the Flying Pig Downtown!!! :love:

There are some pretty nice hotels in Amsterdam for a reasonable price.

I got two nights in a central hotel with good reviews for £120. By comparison I am paying £160 to spend 2 nights in Dublin in a shared room!

There are some pretty nice hotels in Amsterdam for a reasonable price.

I got two nights in a central hotel with good reviews for £120. By comparison I am paying £160 to spend 2 nights in Dublin in a shared room!

Yeah, I had a tough time finding a good room in Dublin. Booked a hostel today but some of the best ones were sold out :doh:

Hi!!

I´m going to Amsterdam. 2 shows. God, it was really dificult to buy in Eventim!! All in dutch!!!!!!!!!!!:doh:

Havent´t recived yet the ticket for the 1st show. I choose shipping it! 2nd show I choose print it and it was so much better.

About hotels! I was in Amsterdam 3 months ago and I stayed in IBIS (near the central stration) and it was nice and no expensive.

Unsupported Browser

This is where I am staying. The reviews on Tripadvisor were good, and it was within budget.

Cheers mate - this looks like great value for amsterdam !! We don't have tickets so are considering the value of a package against booking our own hotel (and travel) and hoping to get tickets of any type. This kind of place makes me think towards the latter - evan if I have to pay £100 for a GA on various ticket sites !! Thanks again Mike:wave:

I dunno if you have anything to trade but U2.com and toutless are good places to try (some are selling at face value).

I looked at the packages but they all seem incredibly over-priced...

On Expedia et al. there are a number of good hotels in the £60-£70 a night range (you can get 7% back via Quidco as well) with central locations.

I am doing seats on the Monday since I won't get there till the afternoon, and GA on the second evening... then maybe onto a club or whatever :hyper:

Cheers mate - this looks like great value for amsterdam !! We don't have tickets so are considering the value of a package against booking our own hotel (and travel) and hoping to get tickets of any type. This kind of place makes me think towards the latter - evan if I have to pay £100 for a GA on various ticket sites !! Thanks again Mike:wave:

my God - the price of this place has already gone up tonight, not to dublin levels but still really OTT ! Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom