July 20, 2011- New Meadowlands Stadium - East Rutherford - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't even begin a thought process on this amazing incredible night. Be back later!
So happy to have been with one4u2, u2fanatic4va, and skjuls.

me too! so glad we finally got to meet.. and wow what are the odds you ended up right behind us! haha!

wanted to take a pic of all of us but my camera battery died.. :mad:

Great show and an overall amazing day! I hung out with really cool Interference peeps and had a private meet and greet with Edge. We talked for over 20 minutes and it was so cool. I even got Bono to sign my sunglasses. You could tell he was fighting some type of heat exhaustion or dehydration. Looking back on the videos you can see it. By far one of my favorite shows. It makes me want to go on eBay right now and score tickets for Minneapolis!!

yay dublin! :applaud:

I remember you posting about this X months ago!
very cool!!!!

fabulous show!!!

poor Bono :hug: heat stress is a scary thing! :yikes:

My sis who has floated me $$$ for 3 of my 4 last U2 shows (09 & 11) was sick ( not her worst of that type but not the least either) and even she....

She stood for much of the show taking vids on her camera and then practically burned out ther phone! :huh: and a danced a few times.

SHe was happy with the seats I told her to get ONLY I don't remember asking her to get those seats via the section I picked.

We liked the stadium. ANd were we lucky to be right near by the stair cases/escalators right out to the NJT which b/c we were on that side of the stadium not that far away.

can't wait till I see the vids and all! :hyper:

I had GA in Philly got there too late (noonish) to get on the Outer rail of circle.*
I was 1 row behind but the place I wanted to be (between Adam & Bono) ...got stuck behind a couple (I am about 5' 7') the husband AND wife were taller and broader than me.:huh: :gah:
* i might have juuuuuuust made it EXCPET
we had to get up 2 1/2 flights of stairs:huh: to get into the stadium/the outisde corridorrs and then back down the loge seating stairs , metal temporary stairs, that FINALLY got us on to the side of the field nearThe Claw!

can u say......... GAHHHHHHHH!!! ( lol)

Thank goodness I was able to sometimes photograph between them.... and sometimes they moved some. About ?4 songs before the end they left and someone tried to get to the rail...I said to myself ......

HELL NO!!!! ( NOT AFTER I'd had to deal with them all evening!And I pushed my way tthorugh to be on the rail for the laast several songs!!!:hyper::drool:

wonder if they were the same couple in NJ! :uhoh:

Magnificant ANDF the The Fly hot damn!!!!:hyper:

and to be able to hear
EBTTRT AND ZOOROPA one moar time???!!!!!

PRICELESS !!!!!!! :drool:

AANd then...........

to actually see them getting ready to do ANOTHER song after MOS???!!!

I didn't know about the rumoured set list !!!

SO it being OOC!!!! WOWWWWWWWWW! fanbulous!

I am so SO happy that I decided to go to this concert after all. I'm a big woman with gimpy legs who had worried that buying a GA ticket might not have been the smartest thing I've ever done...could I stand all that standing for several hours? Even buying the ticket was an adventure...I'd run home from a civic obligation that I really wasn't supposed to leave, purchased it online, and run back to that event. That was at 3 pm, and by 5 pm, the GAs for U2 club members were gone. It also was delivered to my previous apartment and had to be reprinted and resent by Ticketmaster. Such drama well over a year before the show!

My sister and brother-in-law had tickets, so we decided to go together. That meant no lining up early to get in. I wound up walking in at 7:45 pm after some tailgating, and pretty much stood around the 50-yard line during the show, Edge's side. I wasn't thrilled that Interpol was the opening act and it was HOT, so I wasn't in a rush to get in. The crowd around me was well-behaved for the most part, except for the couple who pushed their way right in front of me and proceeded to argue until they left a few minutes later.

As for the show--magic. Sheer magic. I've been listening to hip-hop more than anything else these days, it has an energy that most rock just can't touch, IMHO. I've listened to Eminem more than anyone else this year, which surprises me as well as my friends! But U2 is and always will be My Band, and this show reminded of that in a big way. I am so glad I went and yes, GA is the way to go at a U2 concert. I'd do it again in a heartbeat--without the heat and humidity, of course! And I'm hoping they'll do arena shows next time around so I don't have to travel from Long Island to New Jersey to see them again--MSG is just a train ride away.

Finally getting around to posting. What a great show. Hubby and I were in the clouds but we utterly enjoyed the awesome stage. We did GA at Gillette, but this view was spectacular. Not to mention to the refreshing, although humid breeze up there. I can't even imagine the heat in GA that night! The only downer - the horrible traffice getting to NJ. I wish I had known that there was construction on the George Washington Bridge :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom