July 20, 2011- New Meadowlands Stadium - East Rutherford - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposed to meet a few work friends at the show but I have a feeling I'll never find them and I'll have to fend for myself.. I can't get Red Zones (yet) or a GA for my friend..Should I do inside the pit or outer rail? I feel like if I have to make a bathroom run etc I can actually get my way out of the pit rather than thousands of people behind me outer rail..Mind you first GA ever and freaked out..Did Red Zone last year with a friend and loved it :love:

Anyone miss me?:hmm:

Haven't posted on interference in about 4 years....:lol:

I'm going to the July 20th show in NJ, tickets were bought over 2 years ago...amazing that I haven't lost them yet.

Any idea where they enter the stadium and drive up?

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. I'll have some free time after getting my ticket from the box office (cos I've gone for the will call system); would love to try and be one of those lucky fans who get an autograph/photo before the show :drool:

Last time Bono took my phone while calling my wife but she never picked up - She's gonna be there this time and wants redemption ha

Hey I'm coming from Australia for this show,got my tickets with Will Call. Just wondering if there is a specific time when I have to collect them or can I get them right before the show starts?

Also what are the chances of bono coming out to see people when arriving at the stadium? Are people going to be getting to the stadium early Arvo in an attempt to meet Bono? I would love to be able to see him, any one have plans or tips for me in doing this?

Hey I'm coming from Australia for this show,got my tickets with Will Call. Just wondering if there is a specific time when I have to collect them or can I get them right before the show starts?

Also what are the chances of bono coming out to see people when arriving at the stadium? Are people going to be getting to the stadium early Arvo in an attempt to meet Bono? I would love to be able to see him, any one have plans or tips for me in doing this?

Usually regular willcall for most every event is 1-2 hours before showtime but Ticketmaster can tell you for sure. So, if you plan on arriving around 5 that would be perfect. You may want to shoot for earlier as transportation to/from Giants stadium is a notorious clusterfuck, and the atmosphere is always amazing right before a U2 show anyway. If they soundcheck then Bono is usually the one that almost always comes out (us Edgegirls have a tougher time with our perfectionist guitarist anxious to get it just right). There's always a crowd before soundcheck, and they may or may not do one, but if they have time they usually will stop. It's just that in a place like NY, you will be there with no less than 500 people trying to do the same thing. Autograph hunting is an ART in NYC, and the Ebayers are absolutely UNREAL there, so it's a crappy place to try. That being said, if it's your only chance, you have nothing to lose.

Usually regular willcall for most every event is 1-2 hours before showtime but Ticketmaster can tell you for sure. So, if you plan on arriving around 5 that would be perfect.

Sorry, I've never done will call before; do you know whether you are able to get your tickets all day from the box office before the gig or is it specifically within a 1-2 hour window? Cheers.

Any plans for a preshow interference parking lot meetup?

Not that I am aware of. But I hope to get there by 3:30pm-4pm the latest...We have some grilling and drinking to do.

I don't know the fastest way to spread the word as to everyone's whereabouts...I suppose keep checking this thread.:hmm:

I'll make a facebook group or something. I'm in the seats, but I still want to get there by 3 or 4 at the latest

Sorry, I've never done will call before; do you know whether you are able to get your tickets all day from the box office before the gig or is it specifically within a 1-2 hour window? Cheers.

Usually within that 1-2 hour window... once you are in the NY area I'd call Ticketmaster and ask specifically for that event ;)

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing. I'll have some free time after getting my ticket from the box office (cos I've gone for the will call system); would love to try and be one of those lucky fans who get an autograph/photo before the show :drool:

Me too! Me too!!! :hyper: I've been soooooooooo close so many times in Boston. Unfortunately I don't know much about the stadium or the area.

I'm coming in from Chicago the 19th and staying in Manhattan. I'll be coming alone and am glad to see there will be so many new friends to meet. I bought a ticket for Spiderman Turn Off the Dark for the night of the 19th, anyone else going? It won't be long now!!!:hyper:

I just went to the meadowlands website to see "the view from your seat". Now i am afraid that I have an overhang above me and won't be able to see the entire claw:sad:

I hope I am wrong. It'll rock regardless, but I want my 2 u2 concert virgins coming with me to get the full experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom