July 2, 2011 Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
smiley-sweaty.gif

17211.jpg

:lmao:

Red Zone ended at $320. That rivals Vegas and the Rose Bowl.

Rose Bowl was $555, so not really, but it rivalled Vegas.... what was Vegas again?

Talk about a hot ticket.

Which I totally just got!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applaud::applaud::applaud:

Ended up getting RZ2, because the universe can't even give me Edge side for this expensive one, can it... LOL!

Going to try to work out a deal with someone in line for it though, we'll have to see!

Myself and my friend that are going (my US friend who took the charge on her credit card so this Canadian could bid) simply told our spouses that THIS is what we want for Christmas. The men in our lives gladly jumped on that train... can you say EASY TO BUY FOR? Otherwise there's no way I would have justified this.

LOL - us U2 ladies and our crazy under-the-table deals with our long-suffering Misters.... :lol::lol::lol:

Red Zone 1 here! So glad the auction is over, even if I did have to bid more than expected. I figure since I don't have to pay for a hotel that's my justification for going higher :D.

no tickets yet for me either. i'm expecting some people will realise they've over reached on travel plans and i can pounce.

i'd prefer seats, but since the hotel is barely even across a road it's one of the few times i'll be cool with ga at u2, because i've been inside the stadium and it's quite pleasantly small.

worst comes to worst, hotel balcony!

Yeah, same here. I'll trust that some people will change their minds. I always do GA which is harder to find I guess, but I'm sure I will.

I'm glad the hotel is that close :drool: Hope you don't end up watching from the balcony though :lol:

It makes me a little nervous that this show sold SO quickly and I haven't got a ticket...hope I don't end up having to pay insanely for this.
U2 always releases extra tickets a few weeks or a month before the concert.

I meant to write Nashville, but then you were talking about Chicago and I'm drinking. I realized my mistake as soon as I posted. :doh: So pay no attention to me. :)

You laugh now, but you won't be laughing when you and Kelly are fanning me and applying a cold compress to my head to keep me nice and cool. :wink:

And you won't be laughing after you finally recover from the heatstroke you weren't able to avoid because there weren't enough people fanning you - Kelly won't be at Nashville. :ohmy: :tongue:

I meant to write Nashville, but then you were talking about Chicago and I'm drinking. I realized my mistake as soon as I posted. :doh: So pay no attention to me. :)
it'll be interesting, we're bringing my mom along, who hasn't seen u2 since she took me to popmart. she's not thrilled about it because she "hears them all the time (probably once or twice a day) on the radio" :sick:

i just wish it wasn't over a holiday weekend, everything i'll want to do will be ridiculously packed. but still, it's gonna take a lot to convince me not to go to a water park, especially since opry mills will still likely be closed. :gah:

Would Vanderbilt Stadium be comparable to another SEC football stadium? I've been to Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss. St, LSU, Alabama, and South Carolina. Are any comparable? Just trying to get a feel for how big (or small :wink:) of a place we're looking at here.....

Vandy is no comparison to those stadiums, i believe it holds about half or 5/8 the capacity of venues like Alabama, or LSU. Then again thats a wild guess...

Would Vanderbilt Stadium be comparable to another SEC football stadium? I've been to Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss. St, LSU, Alabama, and South Carolina. Are any comparable? Just trying to get a feel for how big (or small :wink:) of a place we're looking at here.....

No comparison, just like Duke's stadium is tiny compared to Florida State, Virginia Tech, etc.

seated capacity just below 40,000.

it didn't even feel that big when i was in there. truly felt more like a 25,000 seater, tbh.

I think the biggest thing that contributes to the 'smaller' feeling is that there is hardly any space around the actual field. The sidelines are very narrow, and the space behind the goal posts is tiny.

I have a couple of photo's to share - just have to figure out how to post them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom