July 2, 2011 Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what's left for Nashville. Nicely done in 1 1/2 hours! Capacity of the stadium is 39,730 and there was 45,000 tickets made available for this show so roughly 5,500 GA or so. Does anyone think this could warrant a second show on July 3rd?

July 2 Nashville Vanderbilt Stadium
$250 p. seating in stands singles
$95 p. seating in stands singles
$55 GA field sold out
$55 p. seating in stands sold out
$55 GA red zone sold out
$30 p. seating in stands sold out

Here's what's left for Nashville. Nicely done in 1 1/2 hours! Capacity of the stadium is 39,730 and there was 45,000 tickets made available for this show so roughly 5,500 GA or so. Does anyone think this could warrant a second show on July 3rd?

July 2 Nashville Vanderbilt Stadium
$250 p. seating in stands singles
$95 p. seating in stands singles
$55 GA field sold out
$55 p. seating in stands sold out
$55 GA red zone sold out
$30 p. seating in stands sold out

Pink Floyd played their only show ever in the state of Tennessee back in 1994. They played in Nashville at the Vanderbilt Stadium. Here is the boxscore:

Pink Floyd
May 8, 1994
Nashville, Tennessee
Vanderbilt Stadium
GROSS: $1,348,505 GROSS RECORD!
ATTENDANCE: 41,169 ATTENDANCE RECORD!
Average Ticket Price: $32.76

So Pink Floyd set the attendance and gross records at the time back in 1994 for a concert at Vanderbilt Stadium.

Then the Rolling Stones came to Nashville Tennessee in 1997 and also played Vanderbilt Stadium. Here is their boxscore for that show:

The Rolling Stones
October 26, 1997
Nashville, Tennessee
Vanderbilt Stadium
GROSS: $2,551,578 GROSS RECORD!
ATTENDANCE: 45,193 ATTENDANCE RECORD!
Average Ticket Price: $56.46

So the Stones still have the record unless it was broken by a country artist in the past 13 years.

U2 360 should set a new record at the stadium.

Sargenca is having her best week ever...

Just wanted to say that this has been a FANTASTIC week.

Monday: Heard the announcement that U2 was coming to Nashville.

Monday Night: Husband comes home from his beach trip, and has been gone for 4 days. I could barely pull myself away from the computer as I was 'studying' what I had to do to get to this concert! I'm like 'I can't talk right now. I'm on a mission!'

Joined U2.com to set myself up for the presale that was going to be the NEXT DAY. Decisions, decisions. Which tickets to buy? How many? How much are we willing to spend. Starting lurking on this forum and got lots of info. Love this forum! :heart:

Got a hotel room reserved. July 2nd is our wedding anniversary, so it's a good excuse to splurge even more. Staying at the Marriott right beside the stadium.

Tuesday: Went to work and obsessed over what to do. Decided to go for the $250 tickets. Got my tickets online while talking on the phone with a co-worker who was also getting tickets. I got Section D, row 19...they got row 24! Cool!

Wednesday: Got another friend signed up on U2.com Bless her heart - she had made plans to go to Kroger (TicketMaster office) to buy her tickets on Friday morning. I'm like, no sweetie. You GOTTA do this now! This concert is going to sell out. Got her setup too and she got two $95 tickets!

Wednesday Evening: Used my presale code to get my sister-n-law two GA's.

Thursday: Hung out with a work buddy in his office while his wife (who was on the phone) purchased presale tickets as part of the Vanderbilt Employee sale. Ticket Master was painfully slow for her and we weren't sure they were going to get tickets. But they did!

Thursday Night: Enough lurking. I signed up on this forum so I can join in the fun. :wave:

Friday: Can't believe how fast the tickets are going! Within minutes only single tickets were left.

I have never been to a U2 concert. This will be my first. Not sure how I'm going to make it. I am physically bursting at the seams.

Hot JULY in TN, on the field.. :p

So, I've lived in TN all my life...and I can say, there's a pretty good chance it could get a scorcher July 2nd.

I'm not worried at all about the GA Line....seeing that you can have plenty of water, etc there.....what I'm a little concerned about is the time between when they actually let the GA line onto the field...and when the band actually comes on.

My question for people who have seen more 360 shows than I have (i only saw Atlanta) is what has been the general feel for leaving your spot from the rail to get water/bathroom during that time? In Atlanta the vibe was very good...my wife and both left our spots and got back to the rail with no problem whatsoever.

At the hawaii show on Vertigo I got the same vibe.....but all the indoor Vertigo shows I saw I was always real nervous to leave so I never did.

If they let us onto the field in Nashville as early as they did in atlanta....(like 3 hours before the opening band!) we are absolutely gonna be getting hot down there on the field for July in TN. What are yalls thoughts?

I just wish they wouldn't let us in until like 30 minutes before the opening band...why the heck so early?

-michael

Just wanted to say

I have never been to a U2 concert. This will be my first. Not sure how I'm going to make it. I am physically bursting at the seams.

well you are in for a rare treat. I remember my first concert, back in 1997, after that day we swore we'd always go see them again. We haven't missed a tour since. But there is nothing like your first....very very very special. You are in for the night of your life.

:ohmy: OMG - soooooo excited for this show. Even if it will be 300 degrees. :lol: Now, if Charlotte could just get a date. :hmm: :pray: :pray: :pray:

@Sargenca- Welcome and congrats!! Your excitement makes me smile!

So...pretty sure I'm going to Nashville now :hyper: *makes self at home*

Thursday Night: Enough lurking. I signed up on this forum so I can join in the fun. :wave:

Friday: Can't believe how fast the tickets are going! Within minutes only single tickets were left.

Amazing tale! Tis gonna be a great anniversary for youse, and another great new occasion as well!

I logged onto Ticketmaster at 4pm UK time, 10am CDT, to get two $30 tix. And there were no pairs available. First city that that's happened for me for shows in last year's and next year's North American tours. Nashville was clearly waiting for this show!

Only a few months wait left, out of, what is it?, 29 years!

Just wanted to say that this has been a FANTASTIC week.

Outstanding!

Nice job on helping all your friends get tickets too!

I logged onto Ticketmaster at 4pm UK time, 10am CDT, to get two $30 tix. And there were no pairs available. First city that that's happened for me for shows in last year's and next year's North American tours. Nashville was clearly waiting for this show!
Yep, out of all the 2010/2011 shows, this one was the toughest for me to get tickets to also.

Great job Nashville! :applaud:

Hello all!

I got some of the last cheap seats near the stage & open endzone, making this my 4th show for next summer.

I've lived in Tennessee since 1996, but this will be my first U2 show at "home" since my Detroit shows in the 80s and early 90s.

Sharing all the enthusiasm with y'all!!!!

~AWS

Thanks to all of you who have welcomed me to the forum! I am still just as excited today as I have been all week. Getting these tickets has been a real boost to my attitude. Better than going to therapy. :hyper:

For those of you who are looking for a hotel room already know that the Marriott Vandy right by the stadium sold out already. But, these other hotels do have rooms...

The Holiday Inn - Nashville Vanderbilt (which is the next closest hotel to the stadium on West End, and is within walking distance) has rooms, BUT you have to reserve two nights. And the price is really steep. Holiday Inn Nashville Vanderbilt Hotel in Tennessee

Loews Vanderbilt Hotel on West End. It's not really withing walking distance per se, but more like within "walkable distance". Like 1/2 mile or so. I would be okay with this distance from the stadium if it's all I could get. Nashville Luxury Hotels & Reservations at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel | Loews - Loews

And another one you might not think to try...Extended Stay America - Nashville. It is a little further away, but still on West End. It's "walkable" depending on whether you are okay with a 3/4 mile walk...say 7-8 blocks. Extended Stay Hotels - Nashville, TN Hotel

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom