July 2, 2011 Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Parking close by is scarce and $30. Street parking in perimeter neighborhoods that are not clearly marked off may be possible.

My prayer-prediction is for a setlist shakeup brought on by a superstar guest appearance and an extra encore, cover song, Nashville superjam.

Did the band stop? Or just go straight in? I saw the cars as well, but I'm facing the front so I couldn't see what they were doing.

They got out one by one (i didn't see Edge -we were taking turns with the binocs). They exited the cars and lesurely walked in.

it's 6:20pm local time and we have been glued to the window watching the stadium action!! the front half of the inner circle has filled in nicely. everyone is standing. Not sitting down but at least the home side of stadium is shading the area now.

OMG!!!! That was so awesome!!!! My first U2 concert... Spectacular!!!

They did have one extra song for encore - All I Want Is You. Pulled an audience member onto stage and let him play Bono's guitar for the song. Then he GAVE it to him!! Wow!! I am not sure who he was but obviously they knew he could play.

Took us all of 7 earth minutes to get back to the room. Now we are watching them de-construct the claw and people leaving the venue.
:heart::heart::heart::love: I will living off this high for a while,:D

Great show! The crowd was really into it, I imagine U2 will return to Nashville a lot quicker the next time :wave:.

Here are some photos from tonight:
P1160348.jpg

P1160371.jpg

So at the end of the U2 show they were walking off stage. Bono stops and pulls a guy from the audience so he can play with the band. Bono put his guitar on the guy and he got to play "All I want is You" for his wife. When he finished he gave the guitar Bono plays back to him. Bono then gave him the guitar to keep. Here is a picture of the guy in the audience during the show.

He is the one holding the Blind Guitar Player sign.

U2 > News > The Wanderer in Nashville

This was my first show since the N. American leg in 2009, and I'm pretty sure that the quality of the video has been substantially improved since then. I don't remember Snow Patrol getting the quality (or constancy) of footage that Florence got last night. I don't seem to really remember it, except during maybe one song where they were flashing crowd shots at a point of musical chaos. That's where the dude wore the cow suit, or something or other, and was shown about 10 times in 20 seconds.

Of course, I noticed it yesterday because Florence DOMINATED. It's been a long time since I can remember seeing a performance where I couldn't look away. I was riveted. And the voice! I haven't heard any of her music prior, and I'm not sure I want to hear any without the visual accompaniment. :D She blew me away.

Besides that, the U2 show was solid. I never expected to see Zooropa performed live. That will be a high point when I remember this show. That, and I think they are selling significantly more GA tickets on this tour. My memory from Foxboro is that I could have done an imitation at the back of the field of Bono running the loop during Streets, if the thought had crossed my mind. I could find a place with a 10'+ diameter person-free zone at those shows. Last night, I almost felt claustrophobic, even at the very back. I needed more room to shake it... Has anyone else noticed this, or are my memories off?

so who was the guy singing with Bono earlier in the show. With all the tattoos. I konw everyone talks about tattoo Dan I am just wondering if that was him.

the field at vanderbilt is way smaller in dimension - also it may have been our fault further up front, where there was heaps of space.

I wouldn't have guessed there was much space up there.:D
I spent about 4 songs inside the ellipse/whatever it is, and chose to leave. The view and sound at Edge's side were subpar... It looked pretty packed in from there and on the walk out.

go to the fan cam, zoom in to what you want to copy and hit 'print screen'.

open your 'paint' program and hit copy, then save it

Great time in Nashville. Just too damned hot for outdoor shows these days. The Blind dude at the end getting the guitar was priceless! Bono is so gracious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom