July 2, 2011 Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My ticket came in the mail today :D

Do you think they'd do soundcheck the night before? Party on the roof of the parking garage ;)

The BAND won't be checking the night before, they would only do that if it's an opening concert of a leg. However, I still wish to geek out and watch the crew do some if they are around....

I missed out on a close hotel-waited 3 days after I got my tix--I'm five miles away--but that's OK--Can anyone help me out with the parking situation? Thanks in advance! Your Friend in Knoxville!!! :hug:

My tickets came Monday, as well! These pics are making me so excited! :hyper::hyper:
Can't wait!

I just made it official last night that I will be going to Nashville! It's my first GA U2 show I'm...well...:hyper::dancing::faint::bonodrum::dance::dance::yippie::happydance::cabbagepatch::loveshower::panic:

....you get the idea...

I have booked a room at the Holiday Inn and I'm quite nervous about this, actually. I've been told that it's a good idea to get in line at around 6 am but I still have the "GA Jitters" so to speak. Any advice for a GA newbie?

However, I'm still VERY excited! I can't wait to meet so many wonderful people and see my favorite band! This is truly a dream come true!

Dream Out Loud!

I guess it really depends on what you goal is....are you wanting in the pit or do you have a specific rail spot in mind? 6am sounds kind of early. We were in the GA line for Norman by noon and Dallas by 4PM(!) and we still got inside the "pit" which is where we wanted to be. I would say that if you want to play it safe, just get in line by noon. However, that was 2009, might want to gage 2011 on how the first few shows go.

Yeah, I told her 6 AM from the standpoint of trying for front rail or any specific rail spot really...the earlier you get there, the easier it is. I guess if you aren't interested on that, you could show up later, people have been able to squeeze into the pit close to show time. But lining up all day is part of the fun if you can do it :D

I'll be with Val. Maybe even 5:30. The boyfriend already agreed. We have it planned out. :lol:

Well, what, in your opinions, are the best spots?

I looked at a map of the stage and I'm thinking I want to TRY to get the inner circle but by the rails of the catwalk. I was also told that the outer rails are spectacular because you can see a lot more of the stage. :shrug: I don't know. Like I said, this is my first time doing this. :D

I'm planning on getting in line at midnight-1 am. Gonna have our sleeping bags ready :) I just hope the Vanderbilt Management doesn't put up any strange fuss about people lining up early. Gonna try and contact them to find out as the show gets closer.

-michael

My wife and i got our FIRST tickets to see U2 EVER THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!! (or last year actually..) were attending the Nashville july 2nd show!! Got 2 GA tix!! They sold out FAST!!!!!!!!!! We live in Murfreesboro, Tn and so were only like 30 minutes from the stadium. Were very excited about the show!! We don't know what time we should arrive however.. i mean, in order to get close to the main stage and or the 360 catwalk?? Anybody have any advice on this? We'd like to be close to either of those!! I'll take all the advice i can get! lol Message me if you need to.. :reject:

My wife and i got our FIRST tickets to see U2 EVER THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!! (or last year actually..) were attending the Nashville july 2nd show!! Got 2 GA tix!! They sold out FAST!!!!!!!!!! We live in Murfreesboro, Tn and so were only like 30 minutes from the stadium. Were very excited about the show!! We don't know what time we should arrive however.. i mean, in order to get close to the main stage and or the 360 catwalk?? Anybody have any advice on this? We'd like to be close to either of those!! I'll take all the advice i can get! lol Message me if you need to.. :reject:

....read this website. Gives very good advice on how to handle the GA line.
Joe's Unoffical Guide to the U2 General Admission Queue (Line) - Edmonton, AB, Canada, T6E 2M8 - U2 Community Blog post

I'm planning on being in line around 12-1am saturday morning :) Cya there!

-michael

i hope you mean 12 noon, right?

No way! :) 12 am. I saw 8 shows on the Vertigo tour (6 of them with GA tickets). Each of them I was in line no later than 4 am.

The last show in Honolulu, I got in line at 6:00pm THE NIGHT BEFORE show date. There were already over a hundred people in line.

Can't wait!!

-michael

The U2360 shows I went to, security were not allowing anyone on line until around 6 AM. Sure people camped out in the vicinity, but it didn't do them much good.

I showed up both times at 6 AM and I was within the first group of people that were released when it was time to head in.

And I ended up dead center on the back rail of the inner circle both times. Freakin' awesome!!!

I can't wait. Nashville and Chicago this year!

No way! :) 12 am. I saw 8 shows on the Vertigo tour (6 of them with GA tickets). Each of them I was in line no later than 4 am.

The last show in Honolulu, I got in line at 6:00pm THE NIGHT BEFORE show date. There were already over a hundred people in line.

Can't wait!!

-michael

I think the earliest we've ever gotten in line for GA was around noon (Norman 360), and we certainly had time to spare. The latest we ever got in line was around 4-430 (Dallas 360) and we still made it into the pit.

Elevation tour was the same scenario as well. Unless something changes drastically, im still shooting for about noon for this show (and STL)

From what ive read and heard on here and other sites, im thinking were going to arrive around 6 AM or 8 AM the morning of the show... My main goal, is to get either within the main circle at the back so i can see the main stage good as well as SOME lighting and i can easily just turn around when they walk right past me on the 360 cat-walk... honestly, we don't even HAVE to be within the main circle (Pit)... id be just as happy on the outside of the catwalk so as long as im in front next to the rail or within a couple of rows... so getting in the line around 6 to 8 AM SHOULD allow us to choose a spot along that rail i would imagine... hopefully.. lol :hyper:

From what ive read and heard on here and other sites, im thinking were going to arrive around 6 AM or 8 AM the morning of the show... My main goal, is to get either within the main circle at the back so i can see the main stage good as well as SOME lighting and i can easily just turn around when they walk right past me on the 360 cat-walk... honestly, we don't even HAVE to be within the main circle (Pit)... id be just as happy on the outside of the catwalk so as long as im in front next to the rail or within a couple of rows... so getting in the line around 6 to 8 AM SHOULD allow us to choose a spot along that rail i would imagine... hopefully.. lol :hyper:

in all of my experiences, getting in line at noon were plenty enough time to get inside of the pit at the back of the rail. Maybe not dead center, but a little off to one side or the other isnt really a big deal. You still get to see the entire show and have plenty of closeup time with the band without having to stand in line for six extra hours. Remember that the pit is huge and they are letting something like 3000 people inside the thing.

Personally, I line up early because I want to be right up front either in the pit or on the outer rail. If you just want to be in the pit but don't care where you are, you could show up sometimes even after the opening act left the stage and still get in.

Personally, I line up early because I want to be right up front either in the pit or on the outer rail. If you just want to be in the pit but don't care where you are, you could show up sometimes even after the opening act left the stage and still get in.

:yes: Exactly. Also, to me the lineup and hanging out with everyone all day is part of the fun. I'm pretty sure most people who do it, do it at least partially for the experience of it.

:yes: Exactly. Also, to me the lineup and hanging out with everyone all day is part of the fun. I'm pretty sure most people who do it, do it at least partially for the experience of it.

Heck yeah! Line buddies... that's part of the fun and experience.

I've met lots of nice people on the GA line. And I remained friends with several of them. We stay in-touch online and with emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom