July 2, 2011 Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the pictures!! That gives us a great idea!

This will definitely be one of the smallest venues of the whole tour!!

I have Red Zone, it looks like the zone will be tiny w/ little room on the sidelines.

Stadium...

If you want a cool way to check out the stadium, download "Google Earth" and make sure that the 3D buildings option is turned on....then just search for Vanderbilt Stadium Nashville.

-michael

I wonder if that means we'll have to make a mad dash down the stairs?

Not sure, but at Soldier Field (Chi), BC Place (Vancouver) and Rogers Centre (Toronto), the 'gates' are at street level, but you go 'down' on service ramps while inside the buildings and then emerge at field level.

North American football stadia tend to have service ramps to load equipment onto the field, so they are usually where you end up going as a GA fan ;)

Since I live about 20 mins away, I'm going take a ride there this Saturday to check it out, where the gates are stuff like that.

My U2 tribute band is planning some events for that weekend. So I have to head down there meet with some venues and deal with a few other issues.

That's what I was referring to. The mad dash down the stairs at Carter-Finley was kind of fun. :wink:

Everyone was just happy to stretch their legs after being caught in that cluster fuck of a "line" that we all stood in for 2hrs before getting on the field. :lol:

Since I live about 20 mins away, I'm going take a ride there this Saturday to check it out, where the gates are stuff like that.

My U2 tribute band is planning some events for that weekend. So I have to head down there meet with some venues and deal with a few other issues.

Thanks, The Edge. We knew we could count on you.... :applaud:

Coolian posted some great pictures of the stadium; and I know u2tributeband is planning to go get some this weekend, but I still wanted to post a couple of pictures I got myself this past weekend. Like a nerd, I went to scope out my seats. Hey, that one gate was kind of slightly open. :shifty: And I had my speech all ready to go in case I heard "Miss, hey miss... Excuse me miss..."

From about the 50 yard line looking left - from my seats on row 19:
232323232%7Ffp63399%3Enu%3D326%3A%3E746%3E4%3B5%3EWSNRCG%3D35564466%3A432%3Cnu0mrj

About the 45 yard line, closest to the stage, row 24, looking right...notice the GEICO Sign:
232323232%7Ffp63386%3Enu%3D326%3A%3E746%3E4%3B5%3EWSNRCG%3D355644668832%3Cnu0mrj

Stading at the far end of the stadium, on the rail, kind of above the Geico Sign:
232323232%7Ffp63394%3Enu%3D326%3A%3E746%3E4%3B5%3EWSNRCG%3D355644669432%3Cnu0mrj

wow, some people in those buildings are going to get an awesome view of the concert!

That parking deck on the right is where you park if you stay at the Marriott and where football parking is for the stadium. I was walking between the hotel and the parking deck where I took my photo posted earlier.

It reminds me of NC State's stadium, Carter-Finely.

As a State fan, all I can say is ouch ;). Vanderbilt's capacity for football is 39,790. Carter-Finley is 57,583. Carter-Finley used to be like Vanderbilt with an open end back in the 90's, but both ends have since been closed, and we do have an upper deck.

That and the product on the field is much better in Raleigh :D

Sweet! :up:

My friend who lives in Nashville said it's a shorter walk from the Marriott to the stadium than it is from her doorway to her driveway. :lol:

:hmm:

Yep. There's a door from the lobby on the backside of the hotel. I mean, that's practically backstage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom