July 18 - Olympic Stadium - Berlin - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Tour Dates & Fan Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2009, 01:37 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:14 PM
July 18 - Olympic Stadium - Berlin

Okay after the initial shock of U2 giving Finland the cold shoulder, yet again, I decided that Berlin would be the next best venue to attend. I contacted my U2 concert going buddy and she agreed that Berlin would be perfect. Keeping fingers crossed that we get GA tickets.

Anyone else thinking about going to the Berlin gig?

Old 03-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 08:14 PM
i believe they will play at least two gigs at the Olympic Stadium Berlin

Old 03-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #3
The Fly

Local Time: 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbiggs2002 View Post
Okay after the initial shock of U2 giving Finland the cold shoulder, yet again, I decided that Berlin would be the next best venue to attend. I contacted my U2 concert going buddy and she agreed that Berlin would be perfect. Keeping fingers crossed that we get GA tickets.

Anyone else thinking about going to the Berlin gig?
Im looking to do Berlin as well. Been there for Radiohead gig in the Wulheide (? sry spelling), was great. The whole city is so cool...
Old 03-10-2009, 03:15 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

So hopefully after getting tickets to the Berlin show I'm planning on traveling from Finland to Berlin via Bremen and would like to travel by train. Could anyone give me an idea of how much a train ticket from Bremen to Berlin would cost? This kind of specific info is very hard to find on the internet unless you know where to look! Thanks!!
Old 03-10-2009, 03:27 AM   #5
New Yorker

Quote:
So hopefully after getting tickets to the Berlin show I'm planning on traveling from Finland to Berlin via Bremen and would like to travel by train. Could anyone give me an idea of how much a train ticket from Bremen to Berlin would cost? This kind of specific info is very hard to find on the internet unless you know where to look! Thanks!!
I'll try to get tickets too!

You should try to get one of those special tickets...they cost 50€ or 25€. Last week I saw a lot of them from Hamburg to Berlin. I think you should try the Hamburg-Berlin connection. ... the trains leave Hamburg every hour or so...
Old 03-10-2009, 03:39 AM   #6
New Yorker

Deutsche Bahn - German Rail Homepage

I can't find this in english but it's on this site : www.bahn.de - Ihr Mobilittsportal fr Reisen, Bahn, Urlaub, Hotels, Stdtereisen und Mietwagen
go to 'aktuelle angebote' > 'Dauerspezial'. Then you can search for your train connection.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:04 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtung_girl View Post
I'll try to get tickets too!

You should try to get one of those special tickets...they cost 50€ or 25€. Last week I saw a lot of them from Hamburg to Berlin. I think you should try the Hamburg-Berlin connection. ... the trains leave Hamburg every hour or so...
The reason why I'm traveling through Bremen is coz my fight from Finland, that I'm planning on taking, lands in Bremen. So thanks for the info, I'll check it out when I get back home!
Old 03-10-2009, 04:12 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Yes, I plan to go to Berlin, too. Hopefully there will be a second Germany show as well
Old 03-10-2009, 04:45 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by last unicorn View Post
Yes, I plan to go to Berlin, too. Hopefully there will be a second Germany show as well
Hey, Sylvia! I've been thinking about you and whether you might be going to Berlin! Waddaya say, that if we're both lucky enough to get tickets, that we should definately make plans to meet up?!
Old 03-10-2009, 05:16 AM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Definitely, I'd love to.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:24 AM   #11
New Yorker

Quote:
The reason why I'm traveling through Bremen is coz my fight from Finland, that I'm planning on taking, lands in Bremen. So thanks for the info, I'll check it out when I get back home!
Oh, and I live next to a train station, and I go there every day, so if you have problems with finding a good connection, I could ask that for you. I mean, I waste so much time every day with just waiting there...
Old 03-10-2009, 06:17 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I've been checking the prices of the trains from Bremen to Berlin and it's looking like it might be cheaper to fly directly to Berlin! I was thinking of going by Ryanair, cheapest flight available from Finland to Germany @ under 20 euros! But if it's gonna cost me 160 euros by train to get to Berlin and back then, I'd be better off going by one of the more expensive flights and save myselft the hassle of having to catch trains!
Old 03-11-2009, 01:02 AM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Hey just a quick question for our German speaking friends, when the pre-sale starts and I wanna buy GA tickets, is my assumption that German for GA i.e. general admission is 'Stehplatz' or is the another term I should be looking out for?
Old 03-11-2009, 02:28 AM   #14
Refugee

Local Time: 12:14 PM
Quote:
Hey just a quick question for our German speaking friends, when the pre-sale starts and I wanna buy GA tickets, is my assumption that German for GA i.e. general admission is 'Stehplatz' or is the another term I should be looking out for?
Correct

Stehplatz ("stand place") = GA
Old 03-11-2009, 03:03 AM   #15
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:14 PM
I'm Scottish but due to Hampden being the worst stadium venue for any concert ever (it's a low stadium in a shallow bowl so the sound just echoes then leaves) , my gf and me have booked up for Berlin (it's a weekend away for £270)...hopefully the pre-sale goes well and we get GA.

The two problems being, I know absolutely no German, and I'm staying right in the centre of Berlin, is it easy to get to the stadium? I looks a pretty straight route on google maps but it's 13.3 km. What's the public transport like.

Tags
berlin