July 18 - Olympic Stadium - Berlin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Germany every state has its own laws for when shops are allowed to open. In Berlin only six Sundays are allowed. But the shops within train stations are exempt. So there is a shop in Zoo Station which should be open.
Bakeries, Cafes and Souvenir shops should be open however.

The glow sticks are meant to be distributed everywhere in the stadium. Most are in GA area but some people will distribute them in their areas in the ranks. They even prepared a flyer and suggested to bundle them by ten. But I can't print all that paper. :crack:

The glow sticks are meant to be distributed everywhere in the stadium. Most are in GA area but some people will distribute them in their areas in the ranks. They even prepared a flyer and suggested to bundle them by ten. But I can't print all that paper. :crack:

OK, I finally found the right link with all the information regarding this action :doh:

So for Ultraviolet. Let's hope they play the song in Berlin :lol:

Seriously, what do we need the flyers for? I don't think it should be too complicated getting these things to work.

I don't know where to buy stuff like that but if you order another 200 red lights, I would pay them and take care of distributing them in or outside the stadium. I'd also try and bring some cord to bundle the lights.

Thing is we really need to have A LOT of lights to make that work. In Paris, obviously the fan action didn't work because there weren't enough lights and the stands were too far away. I don't think it's a good idea to have lights on the stands, they should be concentrated on GA and mostly inner circle, otherwise the effect will be lost.

Would be €13.10. Wanted to merge the two orders but I ordered with a guest account. Do you want me to order?

I guess it should be possible to get the information out that they are to be lighted shortly before Ultraviolet begins. I think they already had quite a lot in the GA area. So with the stands we have to see how that works out.

Regarding the reservation, I guess we won't be much more than ten right? I would then reserve tables for 10 to 15 people.

Yes, order, please, I give you the money in Berlin and gladly do my part in distributing the lights. :)

Yes, I think 10 is reasonable for the reservation.

Done and done! :D

I made the reservation for 8.30, if the weather is good outside, else inside. It's on my last name, Hinrichsen.

From u2tour.de:

Entrance 16.30
Snow Patrol: 19.00
U2: 20.45 :scratch: Full daylight? This doesn't seem right.

Someone said the gate at the east side of the stadium will be opened slightly earlier. I don't know if that's true, but they did this 2005 in Vienna as well and also when I was at the Springsteen concert last week. I was at the gate that opened later because there wasn't such a long queue and still got into first row at the Boss show :wink:

No need for stress in regards to the golden circle, as we could see in Milan, even though people were crazy there.

And someone else said it might rain. Now what a surprise! A U2 concert in Germany wouldn't be the same without rain :lol:

Hm, it can't be ruled out. Though it's looking pretty good right now regarding the weather.
I can't tell whether the other information is reliable as I have no clue at all. Will be the first time for me.

Quarter to nine is early indeed. But wasn't it the same during Vertigo?

As far as I remember, during Vertigo they came on stage between 9 an 9.15.

In Milan, they came on stage at 9.15 and it was still daylight.

Should be dark by the time Ultraviolet starts. :wink:

As for the entrances: I know only the "big" entrance on the place in front of the stadium, where the columns are, but there should be another one as well.

Yeah, there is a number of entrances. But I don't know which ones are for what area.
Seeing as the stage will be located on the western side of the stadium I guess the east and south entrances will be for GA. East is the one with the symbols and west the one with the columns where the marathon runners enter.

OK, I guess we'll find the right one. There are no entrances printed on the ticket anyway. I hope it's better organised this time than it was in 2005.

Btw, my friend from Austria (bambu) and her boyfriend are also coming to the meetup on Friday, I just persuaded her :D

OK, I guess we'll find the right one. There are no entrances printed on the ticket anyway. I hope it's better organised this time than it was in 2005.

Btw, my friend from Austria (bambu) and her boyfriend are also coming to the meetup on Friday, I just persuaded her :D

Yes, let's hope we pick the right gate. :pray: I find it very strange though, that there's absolutely no mention of which gate/gates are the GA entrances on our tickets!?! :scratch:

Hey, glad you got bambu to join us, the more the merrier!! :weekend:

From u2tour.de:

Entrance 16.30
Snow Patrol: 19.00
U2: 20.45 :scratch: Full daylight? This doesn't seem right.

Just reading Snow Patrol at 19.15, so if things are moving a bit, U2 should get up there around 21.00 ... Looks like rainy day Saturday ... makes MLK more magical then... :)

BREATHE
18th of June, nine 0 five, door bell rings...

Damn, I can hardly work ... and its just Tuesday....

Just reading Snow Patrol at 19.15, so if things are moving a bit, U2 should get up there around 21.00 ... Looks like rainy day Saturday ... makes MLK more magical then... :)

BREATHE
18th of June, nine 0 five, door bell rings...

Damn, I can hardly work ... and its just Tuesday....

Don't worry about the weather. There was rain predicted for the first Milan show as well but it didn't rain. The site I always go to for weather forcasts says sun and maybe a little rain on Friday and cloudy but dry on Saturday, and it's a very reliable site. Still, better than the temperatures we're having in Vienna right now: 34 degrees. :doh: :huh:

And a beer, huh :tsk: If only traintickets were cheaper and I would be already able to do GA, then I would so be there :grumpy:

If train tickets were cheaper and you were able to do GA I would pay!

He said either 10 bucks or a beer. :D She will pay him the €10 and if I really meet him I will buy him a beer.
A beer might be in for her as well for becoming a fan. :hmm: And she is already making her friends from home (Kasan) jealous. :D

The weather forecast so far has been wrong with the heat wave that should be here right now (and apparently went to Vienna) and will be wrong for Saturday anyways. Even with todays technology any weather forecast more than three days is more than a gamble. So stay positive and everything will turn out great. ;)

It's still a really great deal :) Oh she will enjoy the concert and be converted ;)

Weather forecasts are pretty unpredictable. Hopefully the weather in Berlin will just be good for you guys :wave:

Seating. Block 40, so in the far corner. But she just wanted to be there and not pay too much. She is very happy about it.

The weather will be good, let's keep it at that. :wink:

I just read that the lights won't be allowed inside the stadium because some idiots (or many of them) were throwing light sticks onto the stage in Paris and hit band members. :doh:

Management apparently has forbidden the light sticks. Makes great sense if I think about Milano where everything could be brought into the stadium, including beer bottles made of glass. No security control.

People are always finding stuff to throw on stage, water cups and such, it's such a shame. No real fan actions will be possible because of this. :|

Of course I'll buy the sticks from you anyway, maybe I can use them for my birthday party or something like that. Or take them to another concert.

Stupid people. How can you throw stuff at your favourite band. :coocoo:

If they are not allowed I can send them back. I ordered them online so I have 14 days to send them back without a reason.

If they are not allowed I can send them back. I ordered them online so I have 14 days to send them back without a reason.

Yes, if that's possible, send them back before you open the package. I'll pay for any costs you will have. It's better than having the light sticks and not knowing what to do with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom