July 18 - Olympic Stadium - Berlin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the ticket site give u2.com members a special sale option? When does it start? Because so far I only see the ticket alert on eventim.de.

Yes, like I told you in one of my pms to you, I got a message from u2.com over the weekend letting me know that the pre-sale for Berlin would start for me on Wednesday, I'd two others before letting me know about the other pre-sales, and there is a link taking me directly to eventim. :wink:

Hey does anyone have a seating plan for the Olympic stadium? :cute: Just in case I fail to get my hands on thoughs elusive GA tickets, I want to get the best seats possible? :wink:

Edit: I found them....

BerlinOlympicseatingplan.jpg

BerlinOlympicseatingplan2.jpg

Now thats one big stadium! :ohmy:

Helen, there is also a stadium seating plan on the official tour site of U2.com 360.u2.com
There you can also see where the stage will be located.
I'm sure you'll get GA tickets. :up:

Just been checking out the U2.com and found out that the price for GA tickets is being reported as 70 € + 15,90 € postage on top of that! :yikes: A little bit more than what I was anticipating but there you go! :shrug:

Looking at the tour schedule I doubt there will be a second show after the first one in Berlin, the next show is in Amsterdam and only two days later, and I don't think they'd add an additional show before the original first concert, though there'd be more time between Nice and Berlin :hmm:

I notice some gaps in the tour schedule, like between Milan 2 and Paris, and also between other dates.

Does anyone think there will be more concerts announced or is that just off time for the band?

Totally forgot about this section of the forum. I'm eagerly anticipating the sale. I will be in Berlin on Friday, but I don't know whether it's easier to get GAs online or somewhere in Berlin. I totally have no clue as I've never done that before.
I just hope to get tickets.

For those travelling from Alexanderplatz to the stadium. You have to go to the S-Bahn station at Alexanderplatz (there is S-Bahn, U-Bahn and M which stans for Metro Tram/Bus) Don't confuse S-Bahn with U-Bahn please. It's a round green sign with an S. There you can take any train that goes to the station Westkreuz. The line S75 should take you directly to the stadium. It's all wheelchair accessible either as far as I know. As for the tickets I don't have a clue and don't find much on the website. Any service number should provide you with people who understand at least basic English, however.
Since the show is on a Saturday all public transportation will run all night long. Yes, Berlin public transport is that awesome. :love:

I guess the gaps are there for either brakes or to see if there is enough demand for a second show (of course there is!). But two shows in Berlin would be a novum, I think.

The tickets are more expensive than initially announced, but still cheaper than expected. How much is Zagreb, by the way?

I hope to see quite a few fellow interferencers.

By the way, if you want to see Zoo Station you have to go to the subway (U-Bahn) and take the U9. That goes through Zoo Station (Bahnhof Zoo). Going by S-Bahn, you will go through the same station, but overground. Best way would be to get a three day tourist pass for €16,90 I guess.

Eventim: Ab Mittwoch, 25. März, 12.00 Uhr können Sie bereits auf exklusive und originale Tickets für die "Red Zone" bieten - U2 versteigert die besten Plätze für Fans in den Stadien.

WTF does red zone mean and am I eligible? :confused: Best places are directly in front of the stage, goddammit.

^Today I called a few stores, and they said they will open at 9.00 on friday, but they don't know how many tickets they'll get. But one man was really nice and said, that I could call him ca. 9.05 and then he can put back my tickets if they have enough. :cute:
I think it'll be hard to get GA tickets, cause the seats are very expensive this time.

Yeah, I was quite surprised by the prices for seats.
Unfortunately I don't know about the places in Berlin, so I will set my alarm for 8.30 and be on eventim.de at 9 straight. GA is a must.

go to eventim.de, scroll down, click on vorverkaufsstellen, berlin, and you will find 11 pages with places where you can get tickets...:ohmy:

Oh, didn't think they would provide me with that information. :D

Now the next question. As I can't be both online and at the best VVK in town what is safer? :scratch:
Looks like there are some phone calls to do tomorrow.

I dunno what's safer. But we had bad luck for Milan II, although we thought we'll get GA tickets but then after hours, we ended up with seats. So this time I would prefer buying my tickets in a store. I'll be at a store at 8.00, then waiting... and I'll also call that man from the store here in my village.

There is quite a bunch right in the area where I'll be living for the next two months. I will call those places and ask if they are going to offer GA tickets on Friday. Then I might go to one of them. Internet connections are too unreliable when you need them.

Totally forgot about this section of the forum. I'm eagerly anticipating the sale. I will be in Berlin on Friday, but I don't know whether it's easier to get GAs online or somewhere in Berlin. I totally have no clue as I've never done that before.
I just hope to get tickets.

For those travelling from Alexanderplatz to the stadium. You have to go to the S-Bahn station at Alexanderplatz (there is S-Bahn, U-Bahn and M which stans for Metro Tram/Bus) Don't confuse S-Bahn with U-Bahn please. It's a round green sign with an S. There you can take any train that goes to the station Westkreuz. The line S75 should take you directly to the stadium. It's all wheelchair accessible either as far as I know. As for the tickets I don't have a clue and don't find much on the website. Any service number should provide you with people who understand at least basic English, however.
Since the show is on a Saturday all public transportation will run all night long. Yes, Berlin public transport is that awesome. :love:

I guess the gaps are there for either brakes or to see if there is enough demand for a second show (of course there is!). But two shows in Berlin would be a novum, I think.

The tickets are more expensive than initially announced, but still cheaper than expected. How much is Zagreb, by the way?

I hope to see quite a few fellow interferencers.

By the way, if you want to see Zoo Station you have to go to the subway (U-Bahn) and take the U9. That goes through Zoo Station (Bahnhof Zoo). Going by S-Bahn, you will go through the same station, but overground. Best way would be to get a three day tourist pass for €16,90 I guess.

WTF does red zone mean and am I eligible? :confused: Best places are directly in front of the stage, goddammit.

Hey Leif long time no see! :wave: Thanks for the tips for traveling around Berlin. :up: I'll be trying for tickets as soon as the Breathe presale starts in an hours time! :hyper: If everything goes to plan, I would love to meet up with you in Berlin! :wink:

^Today I called a few stores, and they said they will open at 9.00 on friday, but they don't know how many tickets they'll get. But one man was really nice and said, that I could call him ca. 9.05 and then he can put back my tickets if they have enough. :cute:
I think it'll be hard to get GA tickets, cause the seats are very expensive this time.

Hopefully you'll be able to get us GA tickets for Gelsenkirchen! :pray:

Hey Leif long time no see! :wave: Thanks for the tips for traveling around Berlin. :up: I'll be trying for tickets as soon as the Breathe presale starts in an hours time! :hyper: If everything goes to plan, I would love to meet up with you in Berlin! :wink:

Hi! :wave: I spend most of my time lurking, and sometimes writing, in FYM. ;)

How long are you planning on staying in Berlin? I'm sure we could meet up somewhere beforehand, like Friday night, and explore some bars or something.

Oh, and one other thing you might want to do when in Berlin: Go to the Hansa Studios where U2 recorded Achtung Baby. It's close to Potsdamer Platz, the other centre of Berlin besides Alexanderplatz.

Oh, Berlin will be a big party, we could all meet up :hyper:

We have tickets already, Leif. I hope you find a way to get yourself a ticket. I think going to an outlet is safer than the internet, online sale is for people with very strong nerves :crazy:

Friday night sounds great! If I get the flight I want via Lufthansa I'll be in Berlin by late Friday afternoon! I plan on staying either until Monday or Tuesday depending on the kind of flights I can buy, which I'll be doing this Friday. And yes I'd love to visit Hansa studios!! :hyper:

Oh yeah, lets all meet up for a pre-concert party, it'll be great! :applaud:

Hi! :wave: I spend most of my time lurking, and sometimes writing, in FYM. ;)

How long are you planning on staying in Berlin? I'm sure we could meet up somewhere beforehand, like Friday night, and explore some bars or something.

Oh, and one other thing you might want to do when in Berlin: Go to the Hansa Studios where U2 recorded Achtung Baby. It's close to Potsdamer Platz, the other centre of Berlin besides Alexanderplatz.

Same here, I just booked my flight too! I know I said I would wait until Friday but I was just checking the flights and found the exact one I wanted from Finnair, for a reasonable price, leaving from Kuopio on Friday @14:35 and arriving in Berlin @ 18:25, just in time to go out partying! :D I'll have to try on print out my e-ticket on the college printers!! :wink:

I'll have to wait to see what my friend Hanna wants to do before booking a hotel. :hmm:

Same here, I just booked my flight too! I know I said I would wait until Friday but I was just checking the flights and found the exact one I wanted from Finnair, for a reasonable price, leaving from Kuopio on Friday @14:35 and arriving in Berlin @ 18:25, just in time to go out partying! :D I'll have to try on print out my e-ticket on the college printers!! :wink:

I'll have to wait to see what my friend Hanna wants to do before booking a hotel. :hmm:

:up:

Tell me which hotel you've booked, maybe I know it and we can meet up somewhere in between our hotels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom