July 18 - Olympic Stadium - Berlin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true, why is there any debate about holding the concert on August 3rd? Wouldn't that give the U2 crew an extra day to tear down the stage?

Yeah, I have no idea what's going on. They sent me a newsletter today saying there will definitely be a U2 concert in Gelsenkirchen in early August and details will be announced on Thursday, 19 March, when the concert promoter holds a press conference. :huh:

Our national ticket provider speaks of two confirmed German dates today after they had taken down Gelsenkirchen and said they waited for confirmation, so signs are good that the show will indeed be on 3 August.

This was the e-mail I received:

U2 have revealed they'll be hitting the road this summer with the 360° Tour travelling to Europe and North America.

Opening in Barcelona on 30th June, the tour will visit 14 cities across Europe before arriving off in North America in Chicago on September 12th. Find all the dates on the U2.com tour page.

With an innovative 360° design you'll be able to see the show, unobstructed, from anywhere in the stadium. Don't believe us? Take a look.

First tickets for the U2 360° Tour go on sale this week and U2.com subscribers can enter a special presale ahead of everyone else. When you subscribe to U2.com you also get the double-CD 'U2 Medium, Rare and Remastered', a limited edition collection of rare tracks and lost early cuts.

Check out the U2.com subscription offer - and see how to get in early for your U2 360° Tour tickets.

JUNE
30 BARCELONA, SP - NOU CAMP

JULY
07 MILAN, IT - SAN SIRO
11 PARIS, FR - STADE DE FRANCE
15 NICE, FR - PARC CHARLES EHRMANN
18 BERLIN, DE - OLYMPIC STADIUM
20 AMSTERDAM, NL - ARENA
24 DUBLIN, IE - CROKE PARK
31 GOTHENBURG, SE - ULLEVI

AUGUST
06 CHORZOW, PL - SLASKI STADIUM
10 ZAGREB, HR - MAKSIMIR STADIUM
14 LONDON, UK - WEMBLEY STADIUM
18 GLASGOW, UK - HAMPDEN PARK
20 SHEFFIELD, UK - DON VALLEY STADIUM
22 CARDIFF, UK - MILLENNIUM STADIUM

SEPTEMBER
12 CHICAGO, IL - SOLDIER FIELD
16 TORONTO, ON - THE ROGERS CENTRE
20 BOSTON, MA - GILLETTE STADIUM
24 NEW YORK, NY - GIANTS STADIUM

In September and October, U2 360° Tour will also visit: Atlanta, GA; Charlottesville, VA; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Las Vegas, NV; Los Angeles, CA; Norman, OK; Phoenix, AZ; Tampa, FL; Washington, DC and Vancouver, BC. Complete Tour and ticketing information to follow.

^ This is old news. There will be a press conference on Thursday, 19 March, where details will be announced for Gelsenkirchen. u2tour.de has already revealed that the concert will take place on August 3 or 4, they had some scheduling problems, but the concert will take place, details will be announced next week.

u2.com isn't up to date with their list anyway, the second Amsterdam show isn't listed yet.

There are conflicting reports about the second German show in Gelsenkirchen this morning: u2tour.de says it will be officially announced on Thursday and the concert will take place on August 3 or 4. Other sites, like u2place.com, say the concert has been cancelled. :huh: It hasn't been in the official list for a while. Does anyone think there may be a second show in Berlin intead? Sale starts on March 27.

Live Nation press release says there'll be a Gelsenkirchen show but doesn't give a date.

I am a wheelchair user who is thinking about going to the Berlin show. Are there any German speakers on here that would be able to help with information about wheelchair ticketing ? I know that there are about 100 wheelchair spaces in the stadium but I need to know how to go about ordering ? Can i do it online or do I need to phone a specific number ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I am a wheelchair user who is thinking about going to the Berlin show. Are there any German speakers on here that would be able to help with information about wheelchair ticketing ? I know that there are about 100 wheelchair spaces in the stadium but I need to know how to go about ordering ? Can i do it online or do I need to phone a specific number ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

They say, that you can see all wheelchair spaces on the plan, but if not you can order them by phone (01805-570 071 ).
Here are some FAQ's: Ticketshop

They say, that you can see all wheelchair spaces on the plan, but if not you can order them by phone (01805-570 071 ).
Here are some FAQ's: Ticketshop

Thanks for the reply...

The stadium has 174 wheelchair seats that appear to be at the back of the first tier of seating (row 41)

Olympiastadion Berlin

The phone number that you posted - is that for Eventim wheelchair access ? Whats the probability that there are English speakers there when I phone ? Sorry but my German is really bad....

You should call this number if the eventim.de seat plan does not show you the wheelchair seats. (although there are obviously some).
I dunno if they have engl. speakers. But I think that will do.

They should have English speakers.

Btw, I knew you could book wheelchair seats for the Amsterdam concert. I think Eventim.de has an English site as well. I hope it works, good luck! :wave:

Hey, I just found this interesting piece of info about the pre-sale times on u2.com:

The Presale schedule is as follows:
Horizon Group - Day 1, Tuesday 10AM (local venue time)
Breathe Group - Day 2, Wednesday 10AM (local venue time)
Boots Group - Day 2, Wednesday 3PM (local venue time)
Presale for all groups ends on Day 3, Thursday 12noon (local venue time)

I'm not sure if Berlin is 1 hour or 2 hours behind Finland! :scratch: Does anyone know or where I can find out? :shrug:

Hi Helen

:wave:

Have you been able to get all your ticket so far? What other concerts, except Berlin, are you planning to see?

I have already asked three other people to try and get me/us Berlin tickets, since I'm a little nervous about the general sale :lol: I also want to get tickets for Zagreb which are going to be sold the same day as well. In times like these not being a u2com member makes me a little nervous :wink:

I hope there will be a second Germany date after all, right now we don't know if Gelsenkirchen has really been cancelled or if it will take place. We wait for official announcement.

Good luck with all your tickets!

Hi Silvia! I'm still waiting for the pre-sale on u2.com for the Berlin concert to start next week, I don't plan on going to any other concerts this year. I could try on buy a ticket for you too, I'm buying one for myself and one for my concert going buddy here in Finland, I'm going to try for GA tickets, failing that then some cheaper seat tickets, I don't want to pay out any more than a 100 € per ticket! :wink:

^:grumpy:
I have an exam that day ( in the afternoon)...someone has to keep seats free for me lol!

Hey, hey the pre-sale for the Berlin show starts for the Horizon group tomorrow, and I'm in the Breathe group, so any feedback on how the pre-sale went would be appreciated! :up: One last tip, if you haven't registered with eventim.de yet, do so today coz that's the site that will be handeling the Berlin tickets and make sure you fill in the form giving your name and address etc. so you don't have to do it on the day when you're buying your tickets! Good luck everyone, hope we all get the tickets we want, i.e. GA's and see in Berlin!! :hyper:

Do the ticket site give u2.com members a special sale option? When does it start? Because so far I only see the ticket alert on eventim.de.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom