July 17th 2011, Busch Stadium, St. Louis, MO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all,:wink:
I'm a long time stalker of this site, but never posted. So hello! But this will be my first U2 show and I have some questions about the placement of my seats.

I plan on going with two other people and we bought a total of five tickets (it was kind of a rag tag mess of getting as many tix as we could). We got 2 GA and 3 seats in section 145 (which I believe to be right behind the home dug out in the stadium). So I was wondering if anyone who has experience this 360 show could give me some pointers on which section (GA or seats) would be a better place to experience my life long favorite band.
This noob is very thankful for some tips!!!:hyper:

GA ! GA!!!

you can get up close to the stage and be close to the band. Your seats might give you a better overall perspective of the stage and all its tricks, but if this is your first time definitely go with GA.

And if at some point you decide you want to try the seats you can always leave the pit area (get a wristband) and go sit in the seats since you have those tix. With your wristband you would have the option to return to the pit area. It will be crowded but most fans are pretty good and polite.

You are in for a real treat.

Great new tickets released for sold-out U2 concert at Busch

Here's the news of the day for U2 fans -- new tickets have opened up for the band's July 17 concert at Busch Stadium.

The tickets are field level tickets and standing room only tickets. Standing room only tickets are located throughout Busch Stadium.

Field level tickets initially sold out in 20 minutes.

Tickets are $57.50 and go on sale at 10 a.m. Tuesday at livenation.com, cardinals.com/u2 and by calling 314-345-9000.

It says 10am but i guess them started early as I just picked up 4 GA's at 9:45

Question for the STL area people. I booked a hotel in fairview heights and am planning to ride the metro in and out for the concert. How late does the metrolink run out to fairview heights and do you think it will be any problem getting back out there after the concert?

Question for the STL area people. I booked a hotel in fairview heights and am planning to ride the metro in and out for the concert. How late does the metrolink run out to fairview heights and do you think it will be any problem getting back out there after the concert?

You'll be fine. Check on right side of page for pdf schedules. Trains run till about 1am.

Stadium Station Information | Metro Transit – Saint Louis

See you there!

^There are a ton of hotels around Busch Stadium? But they appear really pricey.

I'd prefer to stay in the downtown area, because I wouldn't know how late the Metrolink operates.

Hopefully, a tornado won't ruin things for this show.:reject:

I'm driving from Minneapolis so I'll have my own car. There's only one hotel with availability from a list I found just by googling hotels near Busch Stadium. It looks like it's only a few blocks away but not within walking distance so I'd have to drive from the hotel to the stadium...I think. Guess I'd have to figure that out once I'm there.

Now I just need to get tickets to the concert :happy: Lots available on stubhub though...

so anyone have anyone have any GA line plans? I had GA tix in Dallas in '09 - I got in line around 11am day of the show -- was like number 600 or so and still got in the round... dead center just far enough back to be able to see the full stage.... it was amazing. Long wait outside -- then very long wait crammed in the round until U2 finally took the stage at 9pm ... but more than worth every single minute...

In StL I am planning on bringing my 15 year old son who has Down syndrome - he is a HUGE fan and has been begging me to take him ever since I saw them in StL in '05... but it is so hard, because while he is 15 and is very 'high functioning' -- I still wouldn't feel comfortable sending him off to find a restroom by himself while I held our place in line... just one example of the MANY potential things that could happen that would cause me to have to leave the line, or leave our spot once inside...

anyway- sorry for the long explanation -- I just am really curious about when to make the commitment to get in line and trying to figure out how to get the most positive experience for my son, while getting him as close as he can get to have a great view of the stage and his favorite band in the world.... just looking some advice...

here's pic of my son and daughter:
IMG_1703e.JPG

U2_BuschStadium-Straight-On.JPG

Can anyone tell me about what's printed on the face of the GA tickets? Does it say GEN ADM? Does it say field access? The reason I'm asking is I just bought GA tickets off stubhub, and I want to be certain they ARE NOT the GA SRO tickets that are also available, which will not let you onto the field. I assume the SRO tix will actually say SRO no field or something to distinguish them apart from the field tix. Mine say GEN ADM in the section area. Thanks so much!!

Anyone?
I'm not a huge forum poster obviously! But I am a huge u2 fan been to several shows every tour starting back with Zootv. St Louis was a last minute decision, and my 3rd 360 show with my kids, we're flying in from Dallas. We love GA but if we get stuck standing in some upper deck cause I didn't do my best to make sure our tix are the right ones we will be miserable!!!! Our last show was in Dallas Oct '09 Redzone Adams side and we're thrilled to be seeing them again.

Can anyone tell me about what's printed on the face of the GA tickets? Does it say GEN ADM? Does it say field access? The reason I'm asking is I just bought GA tickets off stubhub, and I want to be certain they ARE NOT the GA SRO tickets that are also available, which will not let you onto the field. I assume the SRO tix will actually say SRO no field or something to distinguish them apart from the field tix. Mine say GEN ADM in the section area. Thanks so much!!

sorry, can't help - this is the only show I'm going with seats, on all the 6 GA tickets I have, none are in ball parks, all stadiums. I would think that if the ticket doesn't have SRO printed on them at all, they are the regular type GA.
I would suggest contacting the stadium or the ticket office. take a peek in threads for shows that were in ball parks, they may have somethng there that could help, unless stl is the only oe with that issue. :scratch:

i have 2ea GA's that read:

SEC ROW SEAT
GEN ADM #

i hope that helps, nowhere on the ticket does it say SRO or Field Access, but i bought these in the u2.com presale with the understanding that these are in fact GA field access. Didnt know there were any other kind to be honest.

good to hear!

I'm almost wishing I was doing GA for this one too.
I guess I'll be content with being behind the stage and having a bit of a sleep in that day.

Before a terrible experience in Chicago, this show wasn't even on my radar. Now I'm in search of some redemption and exploring the possibility of going to this show as well.

Anyone happen to know a good source for a Red Zone ticket?

Before a terrible experience in Chicago, this show wasn't even on my radar. Now I'm in search of some redemption and exploring the possibility of going to this show as well.

Anyone happen to know a good source for a Red Zone ticket?

Have you checked stubhub.com ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom