July 17th 2011, Busch Stadium, St. Louis, MO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this show is a bust. 20,000 tickets I think will be sold for this show. St. Louis is not a rock n roll town anymore. Seen Metallica in 2004 at the Scottrade Center and they only sold the lower level tickets and GA. U2 had a tough time selling there on the Elevation tour. Vertigo Tour U2 did sell out.

I think this show is a bust. 20,000 tickets I think will be sold for this show. St. Louis is not a rock n roll town anymore. Seen Metallica in 2004 at the Scottrade Center and they only sold the lower level tickets and GA. U2 had a tough time selling there on the Elevation tour. Vertigo Tour U2 did sell out.

I was at that Metallica show in 2004 and when they came back in 2008 it was an even better show with more people. It's amazing what a great album (Death Magnetic) can do for a band in terms of ticket sales. When Van Halen came here in 2004 for two shows the second show only had the lower bowl available. The band can choose to open the upper bowl if they want to. It's totally up to them.

I was also here for Elevation and Vertigo and the latter did sell out. Elevation was added at the very last minute and so ticket sales suffered. Vertigo took a while to sell out since the only remaining tickets were upper level ones behind the stage. And, Scottrade Center was/is one of the largest arenas in North America, so while the other shows sold out quick I can honestly say that most of those arenas are smaller than Scottrade Center. Bono was definitely impressed with the crowd noise on Vertigo here, especially when he put his hands over his ears after "Streets" and he commented about it.

I got online at 10am today and had to wait a few minutes to get tickets. I do think this show will sell out eventually.Live Nation and the Cardinals are doing a great job of marketing the show. Nashville sold out quick, and a lot of people were surprised at that. There's still tickets available for the rescheduled dates but from what I have read the new dates are selling well. And, this concert is at Busch Stadium, which is one of the most picture perfect venues out there and will showcase the claw very well.

there are only single tickets left for the $55 and $30 tickets. that has got be more than 20,000 tickets and that's not counting what was sold for the $250 and $95 price levels.

Red Zone

Okay,

I think I have this Red Zone thing figured out after a few phone calls and investigation.

Of course only 2 more hours, but here it is:

There are 3 Red Zone Backstage tour auctions (2 tix per auction). They are located between red zone 1 and red zone 2 auctions in the list. One is up to 10,000 already! The other two are at 1600 and 550 I believe.

Each individual auction is for 2 tickets on the side you choose (1 or 2). There are several auctions that still do not have a bid, but minimum bid is 230. That's a steal for 2 tickets if you ask me.

I have bid on Red Zone 1, so no one steal my auction. :wink: The site is frustrating because it is slow and you have to go through so many. I suggest putting it where you get 100 results per page.

Hope this helps! Better late than after the auctions!

I am sure the answer has been posted somewhere in all the millions of posts...but can't seem to find it at the moment.

I am doing RED ZONE, finally. Just curious, are tickets sent or are they will call? Also, from the posts I've sifted through, Edge has always been Red Zone 1 and Adam has always been Red Zone 2. Is that correct? So, you cannot move from Zone 1 to Zone 2? Thanks...sorry if this post is redundant. Gosh, we have a long time to wait.

Okay,

I think I have this Red Zone thing figured out after a few phone calls and investigation.

Of course only 2 more hours, but here it is:

There are 3 Red Zone Backstage tour auctions (2 tix per auction). They are located between red zone 1 and red zone 2 auctions in the list. One is up to 10,000 already! The other two are at 1600 and 550 I believe.

Each individual auction is for 2 tickets on the side you choose (1 or 2). There are several auctions that still do not have a bid, but minimum bid is 230. That's a steal for 2 tickets if you ask me.

I have bid on Red Zone 1, so no one steal my auction. :wink: The site is frustrating because it is slow and you have to go through so many. I suggest putting it where you get 100 results per page.

Hope this helps! Better late than after the auctions!

What number did you call? I bid on tickets, but I never got an email when I signed up, or if someone outbid me, or if I won tickets, so I'm not sure whats going on and I'd like to give them a call...

What number did you call? I bid on tickets, but I never got an email when I signed up, or if someone outbid me, or if I won tickets, so I'm not sure whats going on and I'd like to give them a call...

I'm in a bit of a pickle myself. I called 3143459500 to inquire and they were helpful. However, I received an email stating that I had won but my card did not go through (I had my home address when I registered and the bills go to a PO Box :doh: ) I called back, and they didn't know what to do.

I'm currently at a loss. But to answer your question, I at least got an email.

i dont know why i read through some of those comments, but this one was pretty good....

I've been to concerts at Riverport where the cops overlook pot smoking. Do you think pot smoking will be OK at Busch for the U2 concert? I need to chemically enhance the experience of this concert. I don't feel like paying $9 a beer and then missing half the set in the bathroom because of a full bladder. If smoking pot won't fly, then I'll have to resort to ecstasy or meth.

:lmao:

I was just popping in this thread to ask about that. Glad to see no one else got thier tickets either.
(Not that I have anything against you folks :D :hug: , I'm just glad to know mine aren't lost in the mail somewhere.)

I keep forgetting I haven't received this ticket yet. I need to be more careful with ripping up what I think might be junk mail.

Your thread just made me remember I need to do the same thing. Would not be happy if I accidentally tossed them out. Coming in from KC to see them.

I need to be more careful with ripping up what I think might be junk mail.

Yeah, I know what a standard ticketmaster envelope looks like, but I have no idea what type of envelope the STL tickets will arrive in.

I guess the good news is nobody else has gotten them yet, soi I haven't accidentally thrown mine out.

Did they come in an envelope that said:
"Pre-Approved Chase Visa Platinum Card!"

I hope this ticket seller isn't like the Brussels one and we won't receive them until a couple of days before the show. :doh:

Just checked the website and it says:

Concert tickets purchased online will be mailed beginning January 2011.

They're also selling RZ tickets for $275 for anyone interested.

Last edited:
Got my ticket today!!! Definitely be careful with your mail. Comes in a totally nondescript envelope that I would have easily ripped up without opening.

Got my ticket today!!! Definitely be careful with your mail. Comes in a totally nondescript envelope that I would have easily ripped up without opening.

I am so glad I read this! I had the envelope in a junk mail stack since it looked another magazine/credit card offer. They are very pretty tickets :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom