July 16th, 17th, 2010 - Montreal - Hippodrome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just a question regarding the pre sale for subscription members, i went on the site today and i was wondering why there aren't the categories for the subscription members like "boots", "magnificent" etc.. on the site anymore? just says packages and public on sale. im really confused. i was looking forward to buying tickets for the montreal show.

I wish they'd get this one firmed up. I'm saving a presales code for it and may even try fior redzone. Is it pretty much assumed that this is a one night thing? Oris anyone still thinking there's a shot for 2? Maybe depends on venue capacity / sellout rate.

I wish they'd get this one firmed up. I'm saving a presales code for it and may even try fior redzone. Is it pretty much assumed that this is a one night thing? Oris anyone still thinking there's a shot for 2? Maybe depends on venue capacity / sellout rate.

:crazy: No doubt.

I know I'm not going to let my extra codes go to waste, but UGH! is it stressful.

I'm sure by May it'll be all :zen: with tickets, but come on! Between Montreal and Minneapolis, I'm going nuts.

^I agree! I chose not to get tickets for the Meadowlands since we thought Montreal would be a fun show and city to visit. But now I'm getting nervous that it won't happen for some reason and I will have missed my 2010 opportunity!:ohmy:

This afternoon, I heard on CHOM, a Montreal radio station that the venue will be announced next Monday. So the presale for Montreal will probably be next week.

This afternoon, I heard on CHOM, a Montreal radio station that the venue will be announced next Monday. So the presale for Montreal will probably be next week.
that's good news. I'd posted in some thread someplace-can't remember- that i thought they were lining up the final on sale dates for 11/20 for anaheim2, montreal, and Lansing which leaves next week for presales for Montreal and Lansing. It fits.
I have two codes, and plan to use on Anaheim2 tomorrow morning-hopefully there's GA's left for Boots-and then Montreal. But I wonder if I should go for a Philly GA then try Montreal in the general, or go for Red Zone where prices may not be so high as some other shows.

Even if it's not the best place sound wise, let's hope that the show will take place at the Olympic Stadium. I want a roof over my head !!!

The weather in july the last 2 years in Montreal has been bad at best !

Depends on what kind of weather. For the Radiohead show, the storm had passed by the time Radiohead started playing. The field was a mess, but the audience didn't have to battle the elements other than a few sprinkles and the fireworks that went off in the middle of the set.

If the storm had hit during Grizzly Bear's or Radiohead's performance, the show would have been cancelled because of the heavy rain, wind, and lightning in the area.

There was still intermittent rain during Grizzly Bear's set, and Radiohead, although less so for the latter. And it was raining harder an hour or two before the show began right up until the start, so people were getting drenched.

But I agree with you, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. But for me, the less than ideal conditions made it a lot more fun.

Maybe it will not be that bad at the Olympic Stadium.

I've seen U2 for the 3 shows in Dublin this summer and i must say that their sound system is absolutely mind blowing. Never heard something that loud and clear !

I'm sure their top notch sound engineer can handle the challenge of the acoustics at the Big O. Finger crossed.

For most of us, the loss of sound quality experienced in the upper levels of a domed stadium won't be relevant, assuming most here prefer floors or close to it...I'd just rather be out under the stars personally.

There was still intermittent rain during Grizzly Bear's set, and Radiohead, although less so for the latter. And it was raining harder an hour or two before the show began right up until the start, so people were getting drenched.

But I agree with you, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. But for me, the less than ideal conditions made it a lot more fun.

That Radiohead show was definitely memorable. The mud and rain in the Parc was absolutely crazy.

Last time I was in Olympic Stadium it was for Popmart......drove to the show from Toronto by myself. For me...this will be epic!

That Radiohead show was definitely memorable. The mud and rain in the Parc was absolutely crazy.

Last time I was in Olympic Stadium it was for Popmart......drove to the show from Toronto by myself. For me...this will be epic!

Don't forget the fireworks and Thom interrupting a song to comment on them: "Uh, wow, yeah, uh-huh, those are nice. When are they going to fucking end?"

Don't forget the fireworks and Thom interrupting a song to comment on them: "Uh, wow, yeah, uh-huh, those are nice. When are they going to fucking end?"

He said, "There’s always money for fireworks, the least they could do is put them at the ******* end."

Him sneezing during "Faust Arp" was also funny.

I think he said something like, "They (the fireworks) could at least be on time" or "They could have at least waited until the end."

Yeah, I think he made comments on at least two or three occasions, because those fireworks are 30 minutes long.

Still, I think they added a different dynamic to the concert that made it very special, indeed.

Yeah, I think he made comments on at least two or three occasions, because those fireworks are 30 minutes long.

Still, I think they added a different dynamic to the concert that made it very special, indeed.

No matter where U2 plays, it'll be pretty dynamic with the crowd, the Claw, and the fact that it's Montreal and it'll be loud!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom