July 15 - Parc des Sports Charles Ehrmann - Nice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

d.darroch

War Child
I'm a Boots member & am hoping to get seats for Nice during the pre-sale. I was wondering if anyone has seen a seating chart for the Nice venue, Stade Charles Erhmann?

As shown below (from http://360.u2.com/images/largevenues/lg_nice.jpg), the layout for this venue is quite different from most other venues so far, centre of the field. So the side seats are further away, the front seats a little closer, & there's really no rear seating.

Also this venue is totally unique & is often used in conjunction with the ajoining Palais Nikaia (the building at the bottom of this image) for large events, like previous U2 shows & Madonna. If this happens there will be plenty of rear seating. Not sure whether this would work with the 360 stage though.

at u2.com & livenation.fr the venue is described as "Stade Charles Erhmann", for www.ticketnet.fr it's "Nikaia Stade Ch. Ehrmann", which would hint to the use of Palais Nikaia.

These 2 scenerios would totally change the price structure at this venue. This is all hurting my head :doh: any help would be much appreciated.

lg_nice.jpg

Last edited:
Looks similar like Milano. Actually Nice and San Siro only with the stage in the middle.... Wonder why they didnt do elsewhere as well to get the real 360 degrees experience...

?

Looks similar like Milano. Actually Nice and San Siro only with the stage in the middle.... Wonder why they didnt do elsewhere as well to get the real 360 degrees experience...

?

Glasgow was "sideways" in 2005 but they're using the endzone setup in 2009. Figure THAT out.

I'm going to this gig got my tickets today. i cant seem to attached the image with the layout of this arena, but if you send me your email address i would be happy to send.

The 3 Category prices are.

166.50 Eur
87.50 Eur
34.50 Eur

I got the cat2 GA seating ones for 87.50, I thought they where standing but when confirmation came through it said stated unresvered seating. They must be no standing for this gig.
Must be a outdoor all seating arena gig.
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE CAPACTIY WILL BE?

I'm going to this gig got my tickets today. i cant seem to attached the image with the layout of this arena, but if you send me your email address i would be happy to send.

166.50 Eur
87.50 Eur
34.50 Eur

I got the cat2 GA seating ones for 87.50, I thought they where standing but when confirmation came through it said stated unresvered seating. They must be no standing for this gig.

45-50k

Do you know that as a fact? or have you seen this on the internet somewhere i cant imagine this being 50k when its all seating?

It's a very large field, soccer pitch, surrounded by an athlectics track, with long jump pits etc. Much bigger than say, the San Siro.The seating capacity is very small though. From Stade Charles-Ehrmann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, "the seated capacity of the stands is only 8,000. This capacity can be boasted to 50,000 when using the field & in conjunction with the Palais Nikaia" (see the images at Le Palais Nikaia. If there was rear seating they are using the Palais, & the capacity would be around 50,000. But I'm not sure if they can use this setup with the 360 stage, as it's massive, & may not be seen from inside the hall. This would reduce the capacity to 40,000 I guess.

Here's some links to the Vertigo tour at Nice. That's a very big GA crowd!

http://www.u2gigs.com/tourpictures/?dir=2005%20-%20Vertigo%20Tour/2005-08-05%20-%20Nice

http://www.u2gigs.com/tourpictures/?dir=2005%20-%20Vertigo%20Tour/2005-08-05%20-%20Nice%20(Pictures%20by%20Cyril%20Witthoff)

Very weird that it said unreserved seating! Maybe it was a mistake, I'd really expect it to be GA standing, like everywhere else.

Last edited:

166.50 Eur
87.50 Eur
34.50 Eur

U2 played here on Vertigo tour, here are the statistics for that show:

56. Nice, France : August 5, 2005 : Parc des Sports Charles-Ehrmann : GROSS $3,548,702 : ATTENDANCE 51,900 : SHOWS 1 : SELLOUTS 1

So, there will be at least 51,900 people at the show, if not more, depending on whether the new stage set up free's up more seats in this particular venue.

Anyone receive their presale tickets yet for this show? When I log into my order on Ticketnet I see that my tickets have moved to the "Editee" status which I believe means they have been printed. It has been at this status for about two weeks and I have not received my tickets (in Pennsylvania, USA).

thanks for your replies. I called ticketnet and they advised they were mailed April 7. Seems like a long time but the rep said it could take this long and to call in two weeks if still not rec'd.

not sure best thing is to check that out at the bus station. i would imagine so.

But think we are getting a taxi cant be that expensive.

Where are you travelling from.

not sure best thing is to check that out at the bus station. i would imagine so.

But think we are getting a taxi cant be that expensive.

Where are you travelling from.

I will be staying at a hotel near the shopping district/flower market/ old town. I do not know what the best way to get to/from the Stadium is. I was also thinking taxi depending on the distance/price, but if there is a bus that goes near there it might save some money. I will check it out, thank you.

So get this...I received a tracking # from ticketnet and the tickets I ordered arrived in NYC on April 9. I still have not received them and they appear to be stuck in customs (now going on 42 days) or they were lost in customs. Ticketnet will not reprint them because standing room tickets have no seat numbers. My only recourse is to submit offical documentation to ticketnets insurance co for a refund. No clue what to do now, wait for the tickets to be released from customs which may not happen in time, or buy from a scalper...I've planned my honeymoon around this show so this is frustrating news. Thanks for allowing me to vent!

Any guesses as to how early would be good to line up for GA at this stadium? How early did people line up during the Vertigo tour? I've never really done this outside the U.S. before so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Anyone know if there is a bus that goes to the Stadium?

From what I've been able to find out from google there is a bus from Nice Ville (which is the train station I think) Bus #23 which drops off outside the stadium. Don't know what how much that costs or how long that takes. Can't be much though.

Also look into Ligne d'azur: transports en commun de l'agglom�ration Nice C�te d'Azur. I tried to find my way around by train/tram? the other day and kept getting a message that there were no trains on July 15. Not likely, but I've decided I'm just gonna put the concierge at my hotel to work for me once I get there.

Hi all - with the show coming up shortly is anyone arranging a meet somewhere. Prefably a BAR/PUB.

And if theres any "NICE"post can some post a link here cause im not browsing the forums - dont want any suprises spolit till I see the gig.

Not long now :love:

cool, you wants to meet up? When are you travelling to nice?
how long are you stopping there for and where you travelling from?

i'm traveeling from Northern England with 2 others, and getting there on tuesday 14th and leaving on the thursday. staying in Nice central.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom