July 14, 2011 - Lincoln Financial Field - Philadelphia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These umbrellas are wonderous.

Was it just me or way back when they started soundchecking there was the first three chords to Bad?

umbrellas? that you brought yourself? note to self: bring the largest umbrella ever for St. louis GA line...

hoagiedog said:
umbrellas? that you brought yourself? note to self: bring the largest umbrella ever for St. louis GA line...

Yup... got there at 10 a.m. and sat in the hot sun for about 5 minutes.. got up and marched over to CVS and bought two umbrellas. One for myself and one for whoever needed one aroun me.

I'm doing the same thing you are..the 12:13am Amtrak back the city...I don't think there ever was a 1am train since I booked this a few weeks ago and was told it was the last until the 5:15am. The plan is to get out of the circle when the last song starts and make a run for it otherwise I'll be hanging at the 30th St. Station for 5 hours...I was afraid of the Mega/Bolt bus in the middle of the night after hearing about all of the accidents. Maybe I'll see you on the train. Enjoy the show!

Did I by chance spend that hour running down 30th street and maneuvering through the station with all the discussion about it with you? It seems very possible considering everything talked about.

That show was AMAZING!!! Not sure if anyone here made it out to see Beautiful Day at McFadden's, but it was packed and out of control.

If you guys are having post-show blues, Beautiful Day will be playing Rose Tree Park tonight in Media, PA. They hit the stage at 7:30pm but people start going around 6pm w/ lawn chairs and blankets. Free show...bring the kids :wave:

LuckyNumber7 said:
Our own theedgeu2 said he was #293 at 8 am, but thre was like nobody there.

Which leads me to belive a lot of people didn't camp out, but still got their numbers.

Check in was at 430 am and if you were not there, you were crossed out and the line runners did do that to a few people. Everybody was instructed to stay until 6am until the line was moved to the lovely asphalt. Numbers were also rechecked so by the time you got there we had ,multiple line checks so people were getting g stuff and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom