July 14, 2011 - Lincoln Financial Field - Philadelphia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was in Today's Philadelphia Inquirer:

U2 tickets for Shoes??? !!! You mean I didn't have to spend hundreds of dollars, could have waited till today to trade in my old sneakers for some tickets:doh: :wink:

Trade a pair of shoes for U2 tickets Wednesday morning
The set-up of U2's 360 show in Barcelona.

Donate a pair of shoes, get free U2 tickets.
That's right.
StubHub will give a pair of tickets to U2's Thursday show at Lincoln Financial Field to the first 180 people in line at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the Shops at Liberty Place with a pair of new or gently used shoes to donate to Soles4Souls.
Seat locations are all over the stadium and will be distributed at random. Those who donate will get vouchers for tickets which they will later pick up at the StubHub office at 900 Packer Ave.
The tickets are those that were returned by StubHub customers who couldn't make the concert tomorrow but had tickets for the show's originally scheduled date last year.
StubHub doesn't resell tickets that are returned and the company has been running charity events and promotions in various cities where shows were postponed after Bono's back injury, according to a spokeswoman.

I'm a bit confused about the parking situation. Linc. Financial Field e-mailed me yesterday saying GA line people can park starting at 5:45.

" Thanks for your email. We are glad to hear you will be attending the U2 Concert! General admission is first come first serve. The parking lot for General Admission ticket holders only will open at 5:45 am and will allow them to start lining up at 6 am. The South Gate is where guests can start lining up, located towards the end of 11 th Street closer to I-95. The gate for general admission will open at 4:30 pm and all gates for the stadium open at 5:00 pm. We are not allowing guests to line up overnight."

So which is it, 5:30 or 5:45??

Hmmmmmm, well that just makes it confusing doesn't it!?

They didn't even tell you which Lot either.

They told me 5:30 am.

I have an extra GA available for face value. My brother can no longer attend the show.

Thanks for the McFaddens and Chickies suggestions. Both sound perfect.

Awesome alright... so basically don't get stuck inside the Stadium, sounds good.

I wish I had booked a day earlier... there was a 1 a.m. train then which would've been perfect. I have absolutely no idea how/why it filled up/was taken down but I came back to book it today and it wasn't there.

Or maybe I was imagining things... all I know is that I'm roamin' the streets of Philadelphia until 5 a.m. if I miss that train :lol: I wish there was an a.m. bus but I couldn't find any. Either way, I'm more comfortable getting on the train and then instead of getting out at Chinatown/SoHo I'll be able to hop right onto the 123 or ABC and head back down to Tribeca straight from Penn Station. Shockingly, I might be back well, well before I got back in Miami.

If the train somehow fails, I'll still likely get more sleep than I did after Miami because I had to stay up until 8 a.m. after dropping my sister off at the airport :lol:

This is exciting... first time in Philly. Maybe I'll just not show up for the GA Line until around 3 pm and get whatever spot I get so I can see the city.

I'm doing the same thing you are..the 12:13am Amtrak back the city...I don't think there ever was a 1am train since I booked this a few weeks ago and was told it was the last until the 5:15am. The plan is to get out of the circle when the last song starts and make a run for it otherwise I'll be hanging at the 30th St. Station for 5 hours...I was afraid of the Mega/Bolt bus in the middle of the night after hearing about all of the accidents. Maybe I'll see you on the train. Enjoy the show!

Yeah I really don't want to be hanging around until 5 a.m. :|
We'll see though, it seems like from what everyone's said that it shouldn't be an issue.

I have an extra GA available for face value. My brother can no longer attend the show.

Hi, wondering if you still have the ticket, how much and where you're located at? My sister really wants to come with my wife and I but she doesn't have a ticket. PM me if you still have it....

Just checked the Linc's twitter, they corrected the time with another fan. The parking lot Will open at 5:45am tomorrow not 5:30!

I:bonodrum::hyper:

Alright I got myself a chair and a small backpack that I'm hoping they'll let in (We'll see, if not, no big loss) my bus ticket, my train ticket, my GA ticket, some water, ice packs, gotta go get some snacky food to make it through the day, charge the iPod, and get studying with all of the info for preparedness :)

Oh, and some new sun glasses. Irrelevance.

From reading through the posts here, it seems some people are confused about the queuing location and GA entrance. Here a map of the stadium area:

http://www.lincolnfinancialfield.com/assets/stadiuminfo/2010_Parking_Map_HIRES.jpg

The GA line will be at the South Entrance, which is at the end 11th Street near Lot J. Keep in mind that the map is oriented with north to the right. As a point of reference, the airport is towards the top of the map (west) and Center City is towards the right of the map (north). AT&T Station on the Broad Street Subway is at Broad and Pattison at the top-middle of the map.

PM me if you have any questions about the venue or how to get there.

= 0

The Claw! The Claw !!!
The Claawww!!!!!

:bow::bow::bow:

oh yeah, and some 4 guys........ :shifty:

:bono::edge::adam::larry::angry:
who U dissin', girl??!!??

LOL
giddy with :hyper: & :panic:

I guess I'll be sitting in the 30th street station

after all this effort no way am I leaving before the last note is played and the guys do their good-bye waves from the stage!

actually I will be (hopefully
I still have to get my get my AMtrak tix and pray
that the alarm I set will wake me up in time to go to midtown ) be taking the SEPTA/NJTransit back since I;m not in a rush...

I wonder if I should checck the NJT/SEPTA agaiin going south

-- it would get me there the earliest at 7AM ish

SO I guess I'd be at the GA line around 8AM

at NJ '09 I got there a little ahfter 8A (bus screwup on my part) was 168 and I got a great outer rail spot!

ETA

thanks PhilsFan & superblue for info :)

My new camera has a 12 optric zoom
when I was at my first(only as of 7/13/11) GA
in '09 on Outer Rail WIth my then only 4X
optical zoom I got somepretty good full band pics.
and even a few of Bono in the Lazer suit.

this baby should get me so coooool full band pics!
:fingerscrossed:

Good lord,300?? I got to the Baltimore line at 11:15 and was #250. :doh:

Our own theedgeu2 said he was #293 at 8 am, but thre was like nobody there.

Which leads me to belive a lot of people didn't camp out, but still got their numbers.

U2Fanatic4ever or anybody, how does that work? If people aren't allowed to camp out, does someone just lurk around all day and night before the show taking information and giving numbers to those with GA tickets? Does security honor this fan made pre-line up?

It is finally here!!! :hyper: Gorgeous day!! Should really be no problem for all you guys lining up. It might get a little hot later, and there's no shade around that J lot, but at least there's no humidity.

I'm all set for taking half day off from work. Will be driving to the stadium with my friend Connie, hoping to get there by 2-3pm. We'll probably stop by someplace first to get some lunch and pack something to eat for later. We have seats, and yes, we know we're crazy for showing up that early. I just want a good parking spot. :D Oh and spending some time with my friends in the line.

If you're in the line, let me know your numbers, we'll come by and say hi. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom