July 12 2010 - Lincoln Financial Field (Philadelphia, PA)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I just picked up a cheap $55 seat to this show (Club 14), even though I'm on the fence about going - will mostly depend on if there is a 2nd NJ show (if there isn't then I'll go to this one). May even forego a hotel room and do this as a runner... :yawn:

7 hours and 40 mins into sales for Philadelphia...

July 12, 2010 Philadelphia, PA Lincoln Financial Field 68,532
$250 Club level mulitples up to 3 tickets only
$250 Lower level sold out
$95 Club level sold out
$95 Lower level sold out
$95 Upper level multiples up to 8 tickets
$55 GA sold out
$55 Club level sold out
$55 Upper level multiples up to 8 tickets
$30 Lower level sold out
$30 Upper level sold out

7 hours and 40 mins into sales for Philadelphia...

July 12, 2010 Philadelphia, PA Lincoln Financial Field 68,532
$250 Club level mulitples up to 3 tickets only
$250 Lower level sold out
$95 Club level sold out
$95 Lower level sold out
$95 Upper level multiples up to 8 tickets
$55 GA sold out
$55 Club level sold out
$55 Upper level multiples up to 8 tickets
$30 Lower level sold out
$30 Upper level sold out

This is encouraging for a second show.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a 2nd show in Philly AND NJ. Time is on their side, if nothing else. No shows in Upstate NY, New England or in the DC area, combined with the fact that the shows aren't until next July, and maybe if they release new album interest will be boosted in U2. I think these factors will ensure that these shows sell out or almost sell out by July.

U2's first outdoor show in South Philly since ZooTV (POPMart was at the University of Penn). This should be a good one.

The Philly Popmart show didn't sell out until the day of the concert I believe. I bought a ticket the day of the show from a fan near Penn for $20. It was a great show.

I got my GAs in the mail, today, too. I seriously wasn't expecting these for months...!

I got my tickets in the mail yesterday, and then had a dream that I flew off to Philly next summer and left the tickets here in Austin!

So uh, can someone who knows the area comment on public transportation options for the stadium? :reject: From reading, taking the train to the Pattison Ave will work. I can't figure out exactly how late it runs though. I cannot afford that hotel by the stadium :crack: and am trying to avoid having to rent a car if possible.

Here is the current schedule on the Broad Street Subway Line that rus from the stadium area to the city

SEPTA

Pattison is the stadium stop.

So uh, can someone who knows the area comment on public transportation options for the stadium? :reject: From reading, taking the train to the Pattison Ave will work. I can't figure out exactly how late it runs though. I cannot afford that hotel by the stadium :crack: and am trying to avoid having to rent a car if possible.

I'll have to figure out the same thing. I don't want to join a flood of people cramming into one subway stop, so I might drive to the show.

And I still have to figure out the best way to get to Philly from DC.

well i didn't get GA's. But I will be in section 110. Behind the stage. That's good right? I am just sooo excited for my first U2 concert!!!

well i didn't get GA's. But I will be in section 110. Behind the stage. That's good right? I am just sooo excited for my first U2 concert!!!

I think any seat where U2 is performing is awesome. First major U2 concert for me as well (last one I went to was Fordham):applaud:

We sat behind the stage in Chicago and enjoyed every minute of it. I am sure you will have an awesome time! :up:

30659s_a.gif

I have seats in section 126 for the Philly show. How much do you guys think my view will be obstructed by the speaker towers they have set up in the back? Does anyone have pics from similar sections at other shows?

It won't be bad. I was behind the speaker/spotlight tower in Foxboro. You can pretty much see right through it and it's not very wide

SMB

It won't be bad. I was behind the speaker/spotlight tower in Foxboro. You can pretty much see right through it and it's not very wide

SMB

I was just looking through some pictures and found some from similar areas and you're right, it doesn't appear to be too bad. Do you happen to have any pictures from the concert you attended in Foxborro?

Yeah I have a few, I'll post them either tomorrow or Thursday if I can. I am gonna be solid busy. I can't do it right this minute. I was in the first row of the second level, so I was a little higher up, but did have it right in front of me. I just wish I could find some pictures that are somewhat what section 120 will be. Some people are wondering about the Leg

SMB

Yeah I have a few, I'll post them either tomorrow or Thursday if I can. I am gonna be solid busy. I can't do it right this minute. I was in the first row of the second level, so I was a little higher up, but did have it right in front of me. I just wish I could find some pictures that are somewhat what section 120 will be. Some people are wondering about the Leg

SMB

I completely understand... no rush at all. I'll keep an eye out to see if I can find something similar to section 120 for you.

Here are a few images I found:

http://www.u2gigs.com/tourpictures/index.php?display=2009%20-%20360%20Degrees%20Tour%2F2009-07-31%20-%20Gothenburg%2F2009-07-31_21-30-38_Foto%201414.jpg

http://www.u2gigs.com/tourpictures/index.php?display=2009%20-%20360%20Degrees%20Tour%2F2009-10-20%20-%20Glendale%2FIMG_2685.jpg

Now, to me, the first image seems like it may be similar to section 119, while the other image seems similar to section 121. So section 120 may be a combination of these two photos. In the end, there's is really no way to tell because every stadium is a different size and the stage setup varies because of this.

It will be a blast! I can't wait - especially to get to experience the show through my daughter's eyes. When I took my son to his first U2 concert, it was so awesome watching his reaction. It took me back to my first concert - in December 1984 on the Unforgettable Fire tour!!
I was there too! Where you at the Tower theater in dec., 1984?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom