July 12 2010 - Lincoln Financial Field (Philadelphia, PA)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot wait to for this show! Montreal and NJ will be amazing too, but my seats for this show kick ass. And, a city that has been known to be 2nd best after Montreal for a U2 crowd, that got skipped over last time, gonna be a great night!

SMB

Philly shows always rock. I was listening to 10/17/05 bootleg last night and that show was insane and also the fact that a little known rock icon made an appearance that night.

East Lansing might not happen for me with its wonderful Wednesday placement, so I might just have to boogie on down to Philly as a replacement (or in addition! :pray:).

I just scored Phillies tickets for July 8th. I can look around to see if the claw is going up.

141 more days to go and im still deciding on where i want to be.

I've been front row outside the "elipse" 4 times and once i was about 4 or 5 rows back from the elipse. I've never been front row and I'm thinking being that it is a special occassion, my bday, I may have to go running for that center spot right in front of bono.

In Boston he didnt give that much love unlike the Vertigo shows to those further out.

Hi all,
does anyone know about the public transport option to/from the stadium in Philadelphia??
This will be my first u2 concert and first time in Philadelphia. I can't wait for July :hyper:

Besides taxi services there is the Broad St. Line Subway which goes about 3 or 4 blocks away from the stadium

Yep, easy as pie, just take the SEPTA Broad Street subway to Pattison, which is the last stop, and follow the crowd...

Hi all,
does anyone know about the public transport option to/from the stadium in Philadelphia??
This will be my first u2 concert and first time in Philadelphia. I can't wait for July :hyper:

Depends on where you're staying. There is a SEPTA (subway) line that runs to the stadium, like what others have said. But it only goes through a few parts of the city. So make sure when you make hotel arrangements it's close to SEPTA station. Go to the SEPTA website to check the Broad Street Line route.

Depends on where you're staying. There is a SEPTA (subway) line that runs to the stadium, like what others have said. But it only goes through a few parts of the city. So make sure when you make hotel arrangements it's close to SEPTA station. Go to the SEPTA website to check the Broad Street Line route.

I really appreciate all your help, I'll be travelling from NY dont know if is better to arrive the sunday or on monday (quite nervous about getting lost in Philadelphia or arriving to the stadium late) :confused:
Still haven't make any hotel arrangement and since this is my first experience in a u2 concert, GA line and with will call tickets

I really appreciate all your help, I'll be travelling from NY dont know if is better to arrive the sunday or on monday (quite nervous about getting lost in Philadelphia or arriving to the stadium late) :confused:
Still haven't make any hotel arrangement and since this is my first experience in a u2 concert, GA line and with will call tickets

There are PLENTY of cheap buses from NYC to Philadelphia (as cheap as $1 ea. way if you catch it right), so you can leave pretty much whenever you want. It's a little bit of a dilemma if you have GA but are Will Call, depends on if Will Call opens before the line goes in. If you're not doing serious queueing then you can leave NYC Monday late morning and be there in plenty of time. The trip takes two hours unless there is a serious traffic tie-up.

Unless you are staying in the outskirts somewhere, then I still say the subway is the way to go. Most accomodations will be near the subway (there's two but you can transfer). I will be going from NYC to the Philadelphia show too, but I have a seat so I am probably leaving in the afternoon...I may not even stay the night if there is a midnight bus back, which there has been in summer.

I'm sure if you talk with someone they will hold your spot, or if we do one of the number systems i've been involved in you will already have your spot in line.

The will call opens at 8 or atleast thats when it opened at the Wachovia Center.

I'm sure if you talk with someone they will hold your spot, or if we do one of the number systems i've been involved in you will already have your spot in line.

The will call opens at 8 or atleast thats when it opened at the Wachovia Center.

I'm going with 2 friends, one is travelling from Mexico and the other one from Pty . I just hope the Will call opens before the line goes in.
What is doing serious queueing? Arriving at 5 am, 7 am or before 1 pm?
I just want to be get a good spot outside rails of the circle , and be able to enjoy this whole experience, since I'll be making a long trip. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom