July 11th 2011 - Rogers Centre - Toronto, ON (Part 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just got off the phone with Rogers Centre reception. Person told me that currently the roof is scheduled to be closed, unless decided otherwise later. When I asked if it was U2 management that made that decision, she replied "whoever makes those decisions." Based on that answer, I'm guessing U2/Live Nation and Rogers Centre came to that decision together?

Hope this helps...

I hope they have the a/c set to meat-locker.

No, first time in TO. Love it so far.

We have friends/work colleagues here that we met for dinner last night on Queen Street. Love the Prix Fixe menus! 5th Elementt Indian was delicious!
We're at the Hilton.

Nice! See you around today/tonight, hopefully. :) I'll be with those crazy PGP girls after the show.

just got off the phone with Rogers Centre reception. Person told me that currently the roof is scheduled to be closed, unless decided otherwise later. When I asked if it was U2 management that made that decision, she replied "whoever makes those decisions." Based on that answer, I'm guessing U2/Live Nation and Rogers Centre came to that decision together?

Hope this helps...

Nah, it'd be the same stadium staff who decides for baseball games. They have their own weather radar in the building, and then operate the roof based on that. I wouldn't be surprised if the weather looks clear an hour or so before the show, the roof opens.

I don't think U2 and their management/promoters would decide that. They're pretty used to playing in the rain this tour. :)

I hope they have the a/c set to meat-locker.

Ha! Does Rogers even have a/c? If so, I've never felt it. Be prepared for a sauna. :uhoh:

Hope everyone has a great time tonight, regardless if the roof is open or closed or if it's meat locker temp or sauna-ish:D

I live near the Rogers Centre, so I got a good peek at y'all waiting in line whilst en route to work. :sexywink:

I'm going to be at the show too, but I'm not going to arrive until 5pm. It's a really fucking hot day, but Lake Ontario cools things down enough that it should be a pleasant concert! I think they might not open the dome, because they're predicting possible thunderstorms tonight. I just looked at the weather back in the U.S.--110F/43C! Good God I don't miss that.

Looks like the worst of the weather will miss Toronto. What might hit the city is supposed to hit around 3:30/4pm and be done by 5.

Looking for 1-3 tickets.

Still looking for 1-3 tickets for tonight. Please pm with contact details if any of you have any to spare. Thanks.

Hey guys, my pm is full and I don't know how to erase from my phone. I already found a home for the tickets though. Sorry. Good luck to the people looking

For various annoying reasons my access to fb or form of fucking communication other than carrier pigeons is limited-is there any type of going for a drink planned for before or after the show? If so please let me know here or send a paperplane towards watermark city so I know.

Good luck to all my beloved nutters braving the ga line, have a great time. I'll be way at the back behind y'all!!!

was down in line for a few hours. thought they were giving our wrist bands for the pit but just for GA and then you have to rush down. way to fu cking hot so left. the children giving out the wrist bads were doing about one per minute..no joke. oh well, perhaps not the pit tonight so will show up at 6:30

Well in defense of the wristband distributors, it's not like we have anywhere to be right now

Well in defense of the wristband distributors, it's not like we have anywhere to be right now

agreed...some intially suggested they were for the pit and thus you could leave and perhaps roll into the stadium at 8...no such luck. oh well. back at work now. have they made it up the first set of stairs yet?

Whats the weather like downtown?
Here in Mississausage looks like its gonna pour.
Any word on the roof status?

Just came in on the train. Roof is closed. For those who have never been to a concert there before, the sound with the roof closed is awful.

I hope all you that are standing outside in the blistering heat brought extra pit-stick! I don't wanna be standing beside someone that smells like you have never heard of soap! :sad:

Burlington77 said:
I hope all you that are standing outside in the blistering heat brought extra pit-stick! I don't wanna be standing beside someone that smells like you have never heard of soap! :sad:

Gotta realize that's the price of the pit(s)

For various annoying reasons my access to fb or form of fucking communication other than carrier pigeons is limited-is there any type of going for a drink planned for before or after the show? If so please let me know here or send a paperplane towards watermark city so I know.

Good luck to all my beloved nutters braving the ga line, have a great time. I'll be way at the back behind y'all!!!
Hey, Sarah and I are at the hotel, where are you? We'll look for you tonight.

Eta, hotel lobby post show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom