July 11th 2011 - Rogers Centre - Toronto, ON (Part 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, got a problem and need some advice.
6 of us will be in line by 9:00AM tomorrow but the 7th (cousin) cannot make it down until 3 or 4:00PM. Is there any way (without getting lynched by a mob or arrested by U2 security) that he can join us in line? Not trying to sneak in 4 people after waiting in line all day by myself... that would be horrible... but 1 guy joining a group of 6?
Thoughts? :hmm:

Can't wait until tomorrow night!!!!!

Hey guys, I'll be there around noon tomorrow (I live in Toronto but can't be bothered waiting in line any longer than that. You guys and gals are insane) and I've got at least 2, maybe 4 extra GA tickets. Just selling them for face value if anyone is interested. I'll have my iphone with me and will be checking interference. Just post something here if you or someone you know wants them. If you buy them and scalp them, may Larry use your skull as his very own conga

will they open gate 11 and 5 at the same time? i remember last the lineup for GA was mainly gate 15 and all went through that gate initially. i dont remember anyone going through gate 1.

No. Last time the original line up was at gate 15. Those lined up at Gate 1 will come in later as per the last U2 shows. I even think Gate 1 had REDZONE folks go in.

Rain is predicted tomorrow.....maybe 60% chance.

I'm 105 in line. See u for rollcall.

Jive Turkey said:
Hey guys, I'll be there around noon tomorrow (I live in Toronto but can't be bothered waiting in line any longer than that. You guys and gals are insane) and I've got at least 2, maybe 4 extra GA tickets. Just selling them for face value if anyone is interested. I'll have my iphone with me and will be checking interference. Just post something here if you or someone you know wants them. If you buy them and scalp them, may Larry use your skull as his very own conga

I'm looking for two GA's for my brother. Let me know!

Traffic from Barrie to Toronto is brutal! We won't be in town until later this evening, so hopefully my sister and I will still get a decent # in line! See everyone at 4am!!:wave:

It took us more than 7 hours to drive from Montreal to Toronto yesterday with only 2 brief stops. Ugh.

kafrun said:
I'm looking for two GA's for my brother. Let me know!

Sorry for the false alarm, I snapped up a pair in line already. We need tickets to get wristbanded at noon, so I bought the first ones I could find.

Having my homemade capuccino, then heading to Rogers Centre, I learned you don't have to show up tooo early (it doesn't mean too late either) to be in the circle, unless things have changed

kafrun said:
Sorry for the false alarm, I snapped up a pair in line already. We need tickets to get wristbanded at noon, so I bought the first ones I could find.

No problem kafrun. You gotta do what you gotta do. Guess I'll get there a little earlier then. What are the wristbands for? I don't remember them doing that last time

Trying to decide if we should bring our DSLR camera to the show. Anyone else bringing theirs? Also, if they take it, dies anyone know how we get it back after the show?

You usually can't bring anything you can swap the lenses out on. Point and shoot only (and yes, you will get it back. It's just a pain in the ass. I wouldn't do it)

Montreal was ridiculous for the lack of security. If it wasn't so dusty (and hot and crowded and...), I would have loved to bring my DSLR. Saw many of them there.

Will Rogers Centre pat us down, wand us? Anyone remember?

body cavity searches, from what I remember. I thought it was kind of weird that the security guard was ununiformed and not even inside the venue, but who am I to argue?

body cavity searches, from what I remember. I thought it was kind of weird that the security guard was ununiformed and not even inside the venue, but who am I to argue?

The uncomfortable, extended hug and the whispering of "call me" after the search wasn't any sort of tip-off?

:lol:

Montreal was ridiculous for the lack of security. If it wasn't so dusty (and hot and crowded and...), I would have loved to bring my DSLR. Saw many of them there.

Will Rogers Centre pat us down, wand us? Anyone remember?

I wouldn't worry too much. I seen the boys in Hamilton shortly after Sept 11 and the pat-downs were a joke, just when you think security would be at its peak! That was Hamilton, however, and security was Copps Coliseum.

Anyways, I wouldn't stress. :cute:

I wouldn't worry too much. I seen the boys in Hamilton shortly after Sept 11 and the pat-downs were a joke, just when you think security would be at its peak! That was Hamilton, however, and security was Copps Coliseum.

Anyways, I wouldn't stress. :cute:

Oh, no stress. Just planning. I have an electronic "thing" that I don't want confiscated, but I could probably run back to the hotel and be fine.

Oh, no stress. Just planning. I have an electronic "thing" that I don't want confiscated, but I could probably run back to the hotel and be fine.

Are you lined up? In 09 first show we were in the 80s, so, among the first to be let in, and I don't even remember if they did a bag check, nevermind a pat down.

For the second show, we went in just a few minutes before U2 took the stage, and just walked in.

We'll be on our way in the next hour or two.

The soundboard tent in usually in the center of the field. Rail spots along its perimeter are nice because the sound is great, the view is great and there is very little pushing.
I don't know what I'm going to do without 40,000 people around me. After the Montreal shows, this one will seem intimate. :wink:

The soundboard tent in usually in the center of the field. Rail spots along its perimeter are nice because the sound is great, the view is great and there is very little pushing.
I don't know what I'm going to do without 40,000 people around me. After the Montreal shows, this one will seem intimate. :wink:

Did you go to the 09 Rogers shows? Because of the shape of the field, it is intimate. My daughter said that back by the soundboard that night, she felt closer to the stage than she did standing at the back of some arena shows we've been to.

Did you go to the 09 Rogers shows? Because of the shape of the field, it is intimate. My daughter said that back by the soundboard that night, she felt closer to the stage than she did standing at the back of some arena shows we've been to.

No, first time in TO. Love it so far.

We have friends/work colleagues here that we met for dinner last night on Queen Street. Love the Prix Fixe menus! 5th Elementt Indian was delicious!
We're at the Hilton.

I'm interested in 1 - is it still available? I'm staying near the airport, but can drive anywhere local.

just got off the phone with Rogers Centre reception. Person told me that currently the roof is scheduled to be closed, unless decided otherwise later. When I asked if it was U2 management that made that decision, she replied "whoever makes those decisions." Based on that answer, I'm guessing U2/Live Nation and Rogers Centre came to that decision together?

Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom