July 11th 2011 - Rogers Centre - Toronto, ON (Part 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be sure to drag us with no matter how tired we are!

Well, you KNOW that we are going to have that post-U2 show euphoria that transcends all tiredness ;)

Right now let's choose a place to meet up. Best place will be really at the Hideout, but for all you non-Torontonians best to meet up with us and we'll take you to the Hideout with us. I know I'm from Saskatchewan but I know Toronto well.

Because I'm Canadian, and because Bono said The Edge would be The Great One in Edmonton when he introduced the band, I'm calling our "muster point" after the show in front of Gretzky's - and we will walk to the Hideout together. Go straight up Blue Jays Way and it is on the corner at Mercer St. I will of course be wearing my hat.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=g...dE-w&gl=us&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=17&dirflg=w&z=17

It is a 20 minute walk to the Hideout, and we will have to walk for sure. No taxis will be available likely, and traffic stupid anyway, faster to just walk.

For those just wanting to head straight there, here's the walking directions - when walking down Queen, the Hideout is on a corner and it's on the right hand side of the street.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=T...qZ1E-yFjzmWLo4wmFA&gl=us&mra=ls&dirflg=w&z=16

Toronto countdown is ON!!

LESS THAN A WEEK! :applaud:

First time in the Red Zone and pumped beyond belief!!!! :hyper:

well i got my camera today im hoping to see some trucks. gosh im so excited. i know they start work about 5 days in advance. if someone can get me into the Rogers dome to take pictures of set up i shall be most pleased

well in September 2009 for the first concert i got there by 4:30pm and made it into the inner circle, but the second day i made it there at 12 noon and the lines were huge.

Where is everyone going to be re: seats? GA? Red Zone?

First time RZ for myself - can hardly wait!!! :hyper:

well small camera should not be a problem but nothing with removeable lebnses no SLR/DSLR. though the rogers website says no cameras at all

I was planning on the inner circle, but is there a better spot? The red zone?
I plan on being there by 10 am.
anyone staying at the rogers center hotel?

Anyone know how strict they are with the camera policy?

well small camera should not be a problem but nothing with removeable lebnses no SLR/DSLR. though the rogers website says no cameras at all

I almost cried in Anaheim when a guy in the security pat-down line next to me held his DSLR with his thumb and index finger around the base of the lens, and when security asked if it was detachable, he said, "Nope" and they let him through. Granted security was busy because so many people had bags and such, but it was kind of brilliant and ballsy.

I wouldn't risk it. Security in Anaheim were trolling for people with DSLRs in the pit. One guy had at least a 500mm lens on his, and I think they finally grabbed him and forced him out.

yeah dont do a dslr if you want use a iphone it is HD isnt it.
@heinz - You cant go into the red zone unless you have red zone tickets.

The claw is in TOronto i saw it parked outside the Rogers centre in the big parking lot by the ticket counter (south side of building):hyper:

I wouldn't risk it. Security in Anaheim were trolling for people with DSLRs in the pit. One guy had at least a 500mm lens on his, and I think they finally grabbed him and forced him out.

Thanks - enforcement has varied incredibly on this tour, by venue. I might risk it anyway - I talked my way into the Charlottesville show with one. I haven't been to Rogers before - hopefully they're more on the lax side. I'll probably have a 85mm lens.

Swap red zone 1 for red zone 2?

Hi, we are trying to get our group together and looking to swap 4 red zone 1 tickets for 4 red zone 2 tickets for the Toronto show. Pls email me if interested: bjauernig@gmail.com. Thx and enjoy the show!

Please tell me there aren't already people in line out there? :crack:

Not that it matters to me as I plan on showing up after the gates open, but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom