July 11th 2011 - Rogers Centre - Toronto, ON

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First post here, hopefully it's kinda coherent.

Big fan of U2, actually discovered them at a Coldplay concert in 2009 when they had Magnificent playing loudly on the speakers. One of the things that struck me was their amazing presence performing live and so going to their concerts has been one of my goals for the last year or so.

Unfortunately, I live in Houston and I was still getting into U2 when they came here. But, luckily, I'm going to Canada in the Summer and I just wanted to ask about what are decent seats here. Now that it's kinda late, the best I see are tickets in Section 129, row 22. I saw better ones before, but convincing my parents was kinda hard. Will it even worth be going with those seats? Or should I wait and hope better tickets pop up? Anyone who's been to Rogers before have an opinion on what seats are decent?

It would be me, my two brothers, 13 and 10 respectively, and because I don't want to control them, my dad will tag along as well. My dad is Pakistani and really doesn't care for American/European music, but he did enjoy the Coldplay show and I'm thinking he will enjoy the show here even more because of the sheer epicness of it all. Is that too big of an assumption to make? Also, is it even worth taking my youngest brother along? He's kinda short and had a problem at the Coldplay concert cause he just couldn't see them, but I've never been in a stadium concert so maybe I could get some input.

My dad also has a digital SLR camera which I know wasn't allowed at the Coldplay show here in Houston, but some people managed to sneak it in. Any tips on cameras and how to get them in? Cause we basically had to use a crappy camera for the Coldplay show and now we have no record of it.

Sorry for the super long post, rambling, and kinda stupid.... Just want to make sure I can experience the most out of a U2 show.

One of the main things to keep in mind with Rogers is that it's a baseball stadium, so unlike most of the others, it's wider than most stadiums on the tour, and not as long.

One of the shows I saw there in '09, I was in GA at the back and to Edge's side of the soundboard. Someone I was with mentioned that it felt like we were closer to the action than we were when we stood at the back of GA in an arena, the previous tour.

So to answer your question, the seats you mentioned aren't bad seats, but you're not exactly going to be right on top of the action, either. With the sheer size of the production, that doesn't really matter though, unless you're the type who wants to see beads of sweat on them, or the whites of their eyes. :lol: If you're just there for the music, you'll be fine.

I can see your dad being in awe of the spectacle of it all, even if the music isn't his normally preferred genre. As for your brothers, I'm not sure - maybe the younger one could sort of see between people, when the crowd stands? He'd have no problem looking up to see the screens.

All kinds of people have been taking SLRs into shows this tour.

You'll have an amazing time. There's nothing quite like your first U2 show. :)

Okay, thanks so much for the help. Should get them today or at latest, Monday. Now, the problem will be getting through the rest of the year...

Edit: Also, do you guys think there is any chance of new tickets opening up? I know it happened for the Coldplay concert I went to but I'm not sure how it'll work for this. I'd love to be closer in the seated area. I'd love to do GA but with my younger brothers, I don't know if it's the best of ideas. GA is first come, first serve for standing areas, right? I've been confused about this, so I'd like to get this cleared up as well.

Once again, thanks for the help.

Okay, thanks so much for the help. Should get them today or at latest, Monday. Now, the problem will be getting through the rest of the year...

Edit: Also, do you guys think there is any chance of new tickets opening up? I know it happened for the Coldplay concert I went to but I'm not sure how it'll work for this. I'd love to be closer in the seated area. I'd love to do GA but with my younger brothers, I don't know if it's the best of ideas. GA is first come, first serve for standing areas, right? I've been confused about this, so I'd like to get this cleared up as well.

Once again, thanks for the help.

Yep, first come first served for GA. I know some of us are getting there in the wee small hours of the morning to stake out a spot in line.

You might find different tickets if you poke around on the internet a bit- are the ones you're looking at on Ticketmaster? There's also a section on Interference for tickets for sale/needed.

They almost always drop more tickets closer to the show. However, waiting for those has always stressed me out, so I tend to buy them as soon as I can!

Yeah, I was only looking at Ticketmaster before. Craigslist has some decent tickets. There are some GA available there, but I don't think my dad or brothers would like to be down there and I would hate to leave them in the seats alone.

How trustworthy is Craigslist for tickets? I know the potential to get scammed is there... Any other good sites? Stubhub has some really expensive tickets from what I saw.

I'll be looking around for a few more days, I guess. Excited as I am, I really don't want to rush into anything.

Oh, and thanks for the advice everyone.

Craigslist would be okay if it's a local deal and you can see the tickets before you get them (I wouldn't recommend getting ticketfast tickets that way). Ebay, you at least have some recourse (through Paypal) if you get screwed. Many people around here have used StubHub. The show hasn't sold out, so I'd think that the StubHub prices will get lower as it gets closer. Of course, there will be ticket drops, they usually happen within a month of the show, but again, depends on how tolerant you are of the stress that goes along with waiting, lol.

Post in the ticket thread here (Interferencers are very reliable) and see if anyone has anything. It'll be a little harder to get 4 good seats together, though (as opposed to one or two), but you never know till you try.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f309/

Well, no point worrying about it now. Family just bought it without even asking me...They said I would waste so much time worrying about the perfect tickets that it would be too late and we wouldn't get tickets at all. First two months away from home cause of college and they're already making decisions without me :doh:

Oh well, happy with what I have. I kinda wanted to search for better tickets but a U2 show is a U2 show. And with news of the album possible being released early 2011 and a Coldplay album coming out around the same, I might just make it through my freshman year :D

Hey, good luck with your first year :up: Good to have something to carry you through...this is getting me through my last year of college.

Laura :hug:

Kristen, it will be nice to have someone with me, because I know it is going to be hard to say goodbye to everyone, and I will be sad!:sad:

I'm not sure what I'm doing yet. I only have my transportation from here to Chicago booked.

I haven't even got anything booked yet. I'm still in that stage of trying to figure out the safest, cheapest, and quickest way to get around...

Pretty sure the bus leaves Toronto early in the morning though :crack:

monkeyBear.jpg

This is located somewhere in Toronto. Need I say more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom