Is this it? Only the cities listed? - Withdrawn U.S dates? - More Shows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last tour, they didn't come to Toronto on the first leg. We waited until the third leg to see them (the closest show on the first leg was probably something like a 7-8 hour drive). And it was annoying as fuck but it's really not the end of the world either. :shrug:

:lol:

My biggest irritant is the mid-week Toronto show(s) this time. I can't take time off work at that time which means I can't line up. AKA lottery please!!

I don't want to pay $250 for the seats to be honest. Not in a stadium when you're not that close, plus the atmosphere is so different. And I think the upper tiered seating is gonna be total ass.

So I'll hope for the lottery and that's that. It would almost be easier for me to go to Chicago for the weekend show, but then that's adding expenses and I never know how weekends are going to be with work anyway.

I saw that either around September of October they`ll be hitting Atlanta,is this right or is it another time? Or has the specific date been set for there yet or not?

Hi everybody: :wave:

I don't post here a lot but I'm from Philly. The local radio station is WMMR and the afternoon DJ Pierre Robert stated earlier today that the band would not come to Philadelphia until 2010. I don't know where he got his info from, so take it with a grain of salt but he is pretty reliable. I hope this is true cause I can only see them in Philly since traveling is not an option for me. Just wanted to pass this along.

Potential Added Shows?

Obviously this is not a complete list of shows, with Croke Park being only listed for 1 show, and many other cities not at all.

Does anyone have any info or know the likelihood of shows being added? Giants Stadium? Wembley? Gilette? Rose Bowl? etc...

I believe each one you mentioned there will have an added night, with Giants and Wembley possibly getting a third.
As for new cities on the N.A. leg, I believe that Montreal, Seattle, and Miami are quite likely.

i didn't hear this first hand but one of my buddies said he heard the same announcement... sucks... guess its off to giants stadium for me :doh:

I anticipate the North America leg will see an additional night added to cities that sell out, but no additional cities added, and that U2 will come back for a second North America leg in 2010 with cities like Philadelphia (and hopefully Montreal) which didn't get dates this round.

I anticipate the North America leg will see an additional night added to cities that sell out, but no additional cities added, and that U2 will come back for a second North America leg in 2010 with cities like Philadelphia (and hopefully Montreal) which didn't get dates this round.

that's the likely solution.

i'd argue the right way to do it, as well.

I've been away from my computer for a considerable amount of time today, and haven't been able to keep up. Can someone tell me what's up with all the shows that were announced for North America in the wee hours, and why all but 4 seem to have been pulled off the list? Is it a scheduling issue? Are they going to be re-added later? Has anyone addressed why this happened?

Playing a stadium set in the fall, at the beginning of the NFL season, has got to be tough in terms of scheduling. If they got this album out earlier they'd probably be able to have done some spring dates, but c'est la vie.

What sucks is the NY date is on a Thursday- not ideal, but with a football game every weekend, there wouldn't really be much choice.

Other Canadian dates?

I heard that they might be adding more Canadian dates for this fall or next summer. What do you think the chances are that Edmonton or Calgary might be on that list? :reject:

I've been away from my computer for a considerable amount of time today, and haven't been able to keep up. Can someone tell me what's up with all the shows that were announced for North America in the wee hours, and why all but 4 seem to have been pulled off the list? Is it a scheduling issue? Are they going to be re-added later? Has anyone addressed why this happened?

No one really knows why the dates disappeared. Maybe they are not sure of them yet :shrug:

:applaud: We do whatever it takes to make sure we can attend their shows. The least we could get in return is some information. Hell I moved my 1 year wedding anniversary cruise to August because the original date conflicts when they open in Chicago.

Hmm - well arguably your priorities might be a bit off -- your relationship / wedding anniversary and your favorite band conflict and you choose the band? (I would too, actually, but then I'd be forced into abstenence for significant lenghts of time) :wink:

I have not scanned this entire thread, but please, it is still very early to be making plans -- the NFL schedule is not done yet, there are plenty of college football stadiums where universities should be begging for this revenue opportunity; U2 is still in business to make money, as are the promoters so to plug in firm dates without some sense of demand would be foolish; we now have a new variable, BlackBerry as Tour Sponsor, AND this little tihing called the WORST RECESSION ever since WW2 -- maybe some chilling out and life priorities would be in order -- some out here are bitching about the potential future plans for a rock show -- love it too; but hmm, some of our neighbors are trying to figure out how to pay the bills.

U2.com has removed the cities after NY form the tour dates, but they haven't changed the copy right under that list which mentions the rest of the NA cities :lmao:

Given that none of the announced cities is closer than a 5 or 6 hour drive (unlike 2000 where they played 45 minutes away), I'm resigning myself to waiting for the DVD (hopefully out by Christmas!) :(

Maybe they'll add dates, but it looks like the geographical scope of this tour will be more restricted than Elevation, or even Vertigo. (Really surprised how few dates and cities are on the European leg, and I assuming those dates are more firm than the US ones in the fall). Maybe they'll add something in Columubus, Cincy, or Indy, which would all be reasonable drives for me (I wish they'd come to Louisville or Lexington, as they did in 2000). Can't beleive they'd ignore the entire market around Indianpolis, southern Indiana, Columbus, Cincy, southwestern ohio, and north-central Kentucky.

I'm moving to Miami in April to study there. It makes me extremely sad to see that there's no Miami on that list. When they went to my country to play I wasn't in the country so I couldn't attend the show, and just as I finally go to the US they don't set a date for the city I'm in. Talk about being lucky. I thought they loved Miami. I really, really, REALLY hope this changes. I'm sad right now. :sad:

It seems like there are a lot of big cities missing in NA and Europe. Maybe they'll do a Popmart thing when they come back to NA and not play the same cities twice. None of the cities on Popmart leg 1 were played on leg 3 and vice versa

Hmm - well arguably your priorities might be a bit off -- your relationship / wedding anniversary and your favorite band conflict and you choose the band? (I would too, actually, but then I'd be forced into abstenence for significant lenghts of time) :wink:

I was fair and discussed it with the other half in length before making the decision. Luckily he's a big U2 fan also so he understood our dilemma :wink: On the bright side too the Chicago show is only 6 days after our anniversary. We look at this concert as part of our celebration :). Plus we both agreed that we didn't want to miss the opener right in our own city!

So abstaining for awhile would be worth it right? :wink:

Playing a stadium set in the fall, at the beginning of the NFL season, has got to be tough in terms of scheduling. If they got this album out earlier they'd probably be able to have done some spring dates, but c'est la vie.

What sucks is the NY date is on a Thursday- not ideal, but with a football game every weekend, there wouldn't really be much choice.

Does that mean a Sat. or Sun. night at Giants Stadium would not happen? I know nothing about football so no idea when they play.

Given that none of the announced cities is closer than a 5 or 6 hour drive (unlike 2000 where they played 45 minutes away), I'm resigning myself to waiting for the DVD (hopefully out by Christmas!) :(

Maybe they'll add dates, but it looks like the geographical scope of this tour will be more restricted than Elevation, or even Vertigo. (Really surprised how few dates and cities are on the European leg, and I assuming those dates are more firm than the US ones in the fall). Maybe they'll add something in Columubus, Cincy, or Indy, which would all be reasonable drives for me (I wish they'd come to Louisville or Lexington, as they did in 2000). Can't beleive they'd ignore the entire market around Indianpolis, southern Indiana, Columbus, Cincy, southwestern ohio, and north-central Kentucky.

I'm in the same boat as you, living in Columbus. I can't go to the Chicago show and all the other shows are too far away for a mid-week show. However, I'm confident U2 will come somewhere closer in 2010. Whether it's in Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Indiana, Kentucky, or Michigan that remains to find out. Looks like we'll just have to wait, as hard it is to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom