Hotels putting up prices! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Tour Dates & Fan Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #1
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:05 AM
Hotels putting up prices!

This is with specific reference to Dublin, but it's bound to apply elsewhere. A few days ago, before the dates were announced, I booked two nights in a hotel in Dublin that shall remain nameless. Based on the rumours, I figured that there was bound to be a concert on July 24th, and maybe 25th as well - so those were the nights that I booked. My credit card was used to guarantee the booking but I wasn't charged any money, and can cancel at any time up to 24hrs before I'm supposed to arrive. The price? €89 per night, which is reasonable enough.

So, since the Dublin concert today was confirmed as being Fri 24th July, I checked the hotel for availability. Unsurprisingly, the exact same room now costs €165 per night, so I'm glad that I took a chance and booked in advance.

Anybody else noticed anything similar?

Old 03-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #2
War Child

Local Time: 10:05 AM
Yes. Just posted in the croke park thread that I booked flights from London to Dublin this morning and in a matter of HOURS they have jumped over £125...

I knew it would happen but I didn't think it would happen so soon after the announcement.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:48 AM   #3
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 11:05 AM
My plane ticket for Dublin was 135 euros last time I checked, checking now again.
Its the same. wow, that's a surprise.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 03-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #4
War Child

Local Time: 05:05 AM
I'm glad I got my bookings in early for Jury's Croke Park early.... 7/23-7/28... Now I have to get tickets...