Great news for U2 fans in Ireland!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could they put it off till spring 2011 ?!!

It is about time they came clean on their touring plans - will they/won't they go to the Southern hemisphere on this tour. So many conflicting statements are not the best way to treat fans especially with folk (Australasia/South America etc.) considering long distance travel just to see the band which may or may not be their only chance.

This tour seems to be managed very much by bean-counting accountants rather than anyone who gives a damn about actual fans. It could come back to bite next time around.

If they do play Ireland again 2011 would be sweet. It gives me more time to save money :wink:

Indeed great news for all Irish fans if this turns out to be true!
although that would also mean that McGuinne$$ is a big liar.
Didn't he say somewhere in november last year about the Glasto gig: "It will be the only date the band play in the UK and Ireland next year" ?

Yes, he did state that. It makes sense to play Ireland though, with a lot of the rest of Europe going through tough economic times. They know they can sell out multiple large shows there.

Yes, he did state that. It makes sense to play Ireland though, with a lot of the rest of Europe going through tough economic times. They know they can sell out multiple large shows there.

They could play in HOlland for a week straight in the biggest stadium possible and every single night would sell out. So I don't think the financial aspect is in question here..

They could play in HOlland for a week straight in the biggest stadium possible and every single night would sell out. So I don't think the financial aspect is in question here..

Finances are always a major consideration in the touring business - they don't tour to lose money. PM mentioned the high cost in his interview about SA - i.e. each show costs $3M to put on. Holland is in better shape than say Greece - maybe they'll announce shows there.

The Police played Croke Park in October a couple of years ago- that said- queueing outside in middle of July is one thing- but in October??? likely be wet, probably cold- but probably not snow

hopefully they'll do something- if not it's Paris, Brussels (x2) and Rome for me- so a good haul anyway

My guess is if this is true, then the tour actually will stretch into 2011, with other parts of the world (Central/South America, Australia) at the beginning of the year, and a few dates in Ireland (and maybe the UK) at the end of the tour. Who knows.

So many conflicting statements are not the best way to treat fans especially with folk (Australasia/South America etc.) considering long distance travel just to see the band which may or may not be their only chance.

To be honest, I don't think the band thinks about this, I don't think I would. Sure, they probably feel bad for fans there not seeing them, I think anyone that flies halfway across the world to see a band can afford to. If they can't, then they should probably get their priorities in order. Don't get me wrong, it does suck not to see the band you love, but such is life.

To be honest, I don't think the band thinks about this, I don't think I would. Sure, they probably feel bad for fans there not seeing them, I think anyone that flies halfway across the world to see a band can afford to. If they can't, then they should probably get their priorities in order. Don't get me wrong, it does suck not to see the band you love, but such is life.

Putting it another way I preferred it in the 'good old days' when the band would announce a whole set of tour dates, and where the legs would take them. Now its yes we'll be in Mexico in May, no maybe we'll be in Australia in the winter, maybe not, maybe we can afford to go to South America, maybe not. Its all very wishy-washy.

I. Need. A. Job. :crack:

:hi5: . . . though I shall add a job that 'pays money' to my list of qaulifiers :wink:

Damn. I don't have the money to go back. I need to win the lottery.

:hi5: . . . if I find the winning numbers babes I'll pass it on :)

If they do play Ireland again 2011 would be sweet. It gives me more time to save money :wink:

:yes: . . . 2011 sounds immensely do-able :drool: . . . mebbe I'd finally get to play with my blue crack friends too :hyper:

^ Yeah I garee with you. What's so difficult about making a tour itinerary before announcing the tour? Now it seems they are planning and adjusting the planning along the way. Resally weird

I doubt the tour will go into 2011. U2 likes to end tours on a high note. 1997 South Africa in Johnnesburg, 2001 Elevation in Miami and 2006 Hawaii. Dublin 2010 would be perfect. Other cities or areas they could end a tour would be New York City area, or a hot climate area or on an island. Puerto Rico in the future, Athens, Greece , Israel, or Dubai.

Since when is Athens a country?

And they're already playing there on september 3rd. It's not sold out yet so have fun.

I doubt the tour will go into 2011. U2 likes to end tours on a high note. 1997 South Africa in Johnnesburg, 2001 Elevation in Miami and 2006 Hawaii. Dublin 2010 would be perfect. Other cities or areas they could end a tour would be New York City area, or a hot climate area or on an island. Puerto Rico in the future, Athens, Greece , Israel, or Dubai.

Yeah. I hope it doesn't go into 2011 anyway. Whenever they do this world tour stuff they over do it and the performance loses energy.

ALL EUROPE SHOWS ANNOUNCED FOR 201009 February 2010
In case you're wondering, all of U2's 2010 European shows are now announced.

The tour will visit Russia, Turkey, Greece and Finland among others places, as per U2.com U2.com.
But Arthur Fogel , U2 Tour Promoter, has urged fans to be aware. 'Fans should always check U2.com first, it's the most reliable on any dates. Recent rumours, like Dublin and Tel Aviv, are unfounded.'

Dublin isn't gonna happen guys. You heard it on the MOST RELIABLE site for U2 dates evar!!one!one@!!one.

Well to be fair: Rumours are unfounded until u2.com actually confirms them. There's a lot of crap going on out there with fake tickets for fake concerts and such.

I think we've got all the 2010 dates now.

that announcement about Dublin from expose or whatever did not specify 2010. The guy said they were going to play dublin in the summer to end their 360 world tour. hmm..australi fall 2010 or early 2011, south america spring 2011, ended with a series of dublin gigs early early summer 2011. maybe that's what they are shooting for. lets hope so anyways.

Since when is Athens a country?

And they're already playing there on september 3rd. It's not sold out yet so have fun.

:lol: Am sure my Dad ( who lives near Athens ) will be thrilled to hear his area has its own country. :happy:

I imagine all 2010 dates are now announced. Not sure if they would want to carry on into 2011 though, guess time will tell. :)

Another blurb from u2.com

15 February 2010
Following recent comments by U2 Promoter Arthur Fogel, all U2's European tour dates have been announced. The band will not be playing gigs at Dublin's O2 or Docklands as is being reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom