FLAG-MOB - Chorzow 6th August 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZBYCH

The Fly
Dear Friends!

U2 FLAG-MOB – 360° - POLAND ON THE HOR I ZON

On the 6th of August U2 will again play in Poland. Just like the last time Polish fans prepare a huge FLAG-MOB aiming to turn the Stadium in to a gigantic White and Red flag.

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?
If you have GRANDSTAND / SEATING tickets, you take something WHITE (towel, t-shirt, paper, white glowing mobile etc.).
If you have PITCH / GRASS tickets you should take something RED.

When the band starts to play “New Year’s Day” – the song inspired by Solidarity Movement and Lech Walesa – everyone starts to wave with shirts, papers, towel and thus massive FLAG will be created.

WHAT IF U2 DOESN’T PLAY NEW YEAR’s DAY?
Even though, so far NYD haven’t been played on 360 tour, we can be sure that in Poland, it will be. The Edge promised that in a conversation with Polish fan during tour rehersals.

WATCH THE 2005 FLAG:
Take your time and have a look at the short documentary showing the 2005 Flag-Mob. There were tears of joy, dropped jaws and speechless mouths all over the stadium:
YouTube - U2 - The Story Of The Flag

READ THE STORY OF THE FLAG
Wirten by the “Godfahter” of the whole FLAG-MOB concept
U2 - The Joshua Site - Artykuły - The Story Of The Flag! by Zbych

HELP US SPREAD THE NEWS

Download the PDF file and spread the news around, if you know someone who’s going to Chorzow-show - inform him, show the Flag Story and the special video.

REGARDLESS OF YOUR NATIONAL COLOURS - JOIN US!
LET’s MAKE THE SLASKI STADIUM WHITE & RED AGAIN!
YOU WILL NEVER FORGET THAT EXPERIENCE…​

just like BONO who descirbed 2005 FlagMob as the Highlight of the tour (U2byU2) and One Of The Great Days Of His Life, we are repeatig ourselfs but in a 360 style​

POLAND IS ON THE HOR I ZON! …. SOON!

Last edited:
I hope they play it especially for you guys :wave:. Since its not in rotation on this tour thus far :doh:.

So after Dublin 3 no one shall have any Doubts... NEW YEAR'S DAY is BACK... at least for Dublin3 and Chorzow :)

So get your WHITE or RED stuff and HELP US MAKE THE HISTORY AGAIN!

Bono draped the Poland flag over some amps on the stage yesterday and I think it was left there for most of the rest of the concert.

U2.com has contacted me and they want to film the FLAG! So everyone get involved be a part of White and Red!

Yes they did :)

And in Dublin 3 Bono dedicated NYD saying : This is for our Polish Cousins!

So no matter if you are Polish or not, bring something WHITE or RED, depending what tickets you have... and JOIN US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom