February 13, 2011 - FNB Stadium - Johannesburg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
U2 will play on Sunday, February 13th, 2011 in Johannesburg (Gauteng) South Africa at the FNB Stadium.

I'd suggest staying in Sandton or Melrose Aarch and hiring a ride to the stadium or taking a dedicated bus there.

The area near the stadium isnt the best, and the only nearby hotel that I noticed was a crappy Formule 1.

So two weeks to go. Any sign in Joburg of our favourite wee Clawsy Wawsy being unpacked ...?

Hopefully everyone who ordered presale tickets through U2.com received the email from Etix.com with the collection details. If not, you can pick them up at the business center of the Hyatt Regency Johannesburg, 191 Oxford Rd., Rosebank, Johannesburg on February 11, 12 or 13th from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Etix are awaiting confirmation on the Cape Town location and hope to finalize that today.

View an image

about the best we have so far Cathal....

Thanks hedge. I actually saw containers just like those being loaded up the day after the last show in Perth last year, when I went for a little walk around the Subiaco stadium. With a rucksack full of tins of baked beans I could have stowed away :)

Hi Varitek, I'm going, but I'm too impatient to queue up. I'll be loitering around the GA queue in the morning though, so hope to see ya there. Look for the lanky, pasty ginge with this avatar on his T-shirt :)

Great pics. And did anyone else notice the page on that link is oddly comforting. Almost like it reminds me of somewhere familiar.... :hmm:

:giggle:

Hi Varitek, I'm going, but I'm too impatient to queue up. I'll be loitering around the GA queue in the morning though, so hope to see ya there. Look for the lanky, pasty ginge with this avatar on his T-shirt :)
No cast or crutches, then? :up:

Cath, I think we met in the GA line in Barcelona. I'm a loud American. I was with NoSpokenWords.

I'll be queuing bright and early Sunday so long as my flight is on time Saturday and I get my tickets picked up then.

Just the usual crutching at straws.

Yeah, yeah, I know, time to get my coat :)

This line is way funnier to me - I live in Rwanda and Rwandans cannot distinguish the pronunciation of L/R. Leading to discussions of national erections and eating lice. Therefore crutching/clutching is a perfect poking-fun-at-Rwandan-accents joke!

Cath, I think we met in the GA line in Barcelona. I'm a loud American. I was with NoSpokenWords.

If you met someone called Cath then it weren't me! :)

This line is way funnier to me - I live in Rwanda and Rwandans cannot distinguish the pronunciation of L/R. Leading to discussions of national erections and eating lice. Therefore crutching/clutching is a perfect poking-fun-at-Rwandan-accents joke!

You're coming from Rwanda? Nice, that's one country that only ever gets bad news in the UK. Hope I do bang into you, I'd love to talk to ya about what Rwanda is like to live in.

I met someone witha Me & U2 book.

Yeah, I live in Rwanda - it isn't deserving of so much bad press. Quite peaceful and safe here actually.

So...this ticket collection business. Any idea how to get to the hotel on public transit? Taxis are not in my budget. I think I'm going straight from the airport. Also I have no idea how to get to the stadium...I guess I'll cross that bridge Sunday morning. When I googled "Johannesburg public transit" I got results that said "public transit in Joburg is nearly nonexistent." Great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom