February 13, 2011 - FNB Stadium - Johannesburg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
will this be the biggest 360 show so far?

reports vary between 95,000 and 110,000 tickets sold

Soundchecked today: Even Better Than The Real Thing (instrumental), GOYB, Magnificent, NLOTH, Kite (acoustic), Vertigo, Zooropa (solo sequence) and I'll Go Crazy

Maybe it was just techs testing out the equipment.

it is 6am here....

I will wake up, have a shower, get ready for work and then it;ll be Crazy Tonight, so I will know the rest of the set

Given that in Australia we saw heaps of Lovetown love (I was at Sydney 2 for the re-debut of AIWIY and Love Rescue Me), possibly FINALLY some POP love for 360 given that popmart was their only tour to hit south africa so far?

Even Better Than The Real Thing and Kite would both make a lot of sense.

Even Better... because it was a live staple for the Popmart Tour and went off well and has been due for a come back for a while.

Kite because it's a beautiful song that they seem to like to showcase to parts of the world that missed it on Elevation. Hence why they played it on the Pacific Leg in 2006 and will probably play it in S Africa this year.

Dan_Smee talks about Lovetown and Australia maybe foreshadowing Popmart and South Africa connections. Gone, Please and LNOE were all spectacular live songs that would be quite welcome.

As would one more high-energy early day rocker like Out of Control, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock or Two Hearts Beat As One.

Even Better could replace Mysterious Ways for one of these S Africa shows.

Kite could replace Miss Sarajevo for both of them.

Gone or LNOE could be played in the encore opening or Please could replace Walk On.

2 Hearts/11OTT/OOC could be put in one of the rotational slots after SHF.

Obviously, the set won't be getting a major facelift just for these 2 dates, but there are a few things they could do.

And some things they definitely SHOULD do.

This may be a good time to drop the Scarlet/Walk On Burma sequence for something including Please, for example! Would be a nice sentiment for the coming days of uncertainty even amidst the jubilation in Egypt.

008vsy.jpg

Twitter

Silver and Gold would certainly be welcome!!

Would fit well with a Mandela tribute and some of the current goings on in Tunisia and Egypt.

Silver and Gold? :scratch: Wow, didn't expect that one.

But it is appropriate I guess. :hmm:

Do we have any source at the show whatshowever?

Silver and Gold? :scratch: Wow, didn't expect that one.

But it is appropriate I guess. :hmm:

Do we have any source at the show whatshowever?

Twitter is dead when I search #U2360 and #U2360SA - however some tweets repeat reports of Zooropa and Even Better Than The Real Thing at yesterday's soundcheck.

Twitter is dead when I search #U2360 and #U2360SA - however some tweets repeat reports of Zooropa and Even Better Than The Real Thing at yesterday's soundcheck.

Anyone of these would be unbelievable and Silver & Gold + Kite + Please as change ups, that would be amazing! Guessing a pretty standard set though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom