East Rutherford 2 Thread (Sept. 23-24)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
And on the day the shows begin (hopefully), let us begin the new thread. Other one is near 1,000. Hope the weather takes a turn.

SMB

ip8kd.jpg

http://twitpic.com/photos/thefinalseason

this picture was posted 22 hours ago on the Meadowlands' Giants Stadium twitter feed, hours before you claimed your "inside source" said they weren't even half done yet...

stop scaring people by saying that the stage won't be done.

parking updates

any updates after 4 pm on the parking situation would be greatly appreciated. I don't expect they'llbe diverting to other locations before 5 or 5:30 given it's a weekday, but that may be optimistic.

i would say 1/3rd of the giants stadium parking lot is occupied by new stadium construction, and i imagine they're holding off another section of the lot for the trucks. the IZOD center garage is open but you can't tailgate there, and the small lot that used to be under the Pedestrian Bridge now has an unopened parking garage and an unused indoor ski slope that leaks like a mothafucka.

arrive early.

will be leaving for NJ in about 3 1/2hrs! :hyper: I am praying for minimal rain and an organized GA Line.. Is that asking for too much?:hmm: Oh well, I am not going to stress about it. I plan on having the time of my life with two of the best bands ever IMO all in one nite.. Not sure if my :heart: can take this but I will do my best. :D

Anyone taking NJ Transit? I have a ride to the show but I may have to take the train home. I usually take the train from my house to the city but I'm uncertain of where to transfer to at Secaucus.

I'm familiar with "path". I live in Middletown, NJ. So it only takes me one train up the NJ coast to get to Secaucus. Im just confused because I went to NJ transit and it doesnt give me the option on "trip planner" to get to the meadowlands. Is it that new that it doesnt show up as a station or is it called something else?

Im also curious as to how far it drops you away from the stadium, the walk to the station after etc.

I'm familiar with "path". I live in Middletown, NJ. So it only takes me one train up the NJ coast to get to Secaucus. Im just confused because I went to NJ transit and it doesnt give me the option on "trip planner" to get to the meadowlands. Is it that new that it doesnt show up as a station or is it called something else?

Im also curious as to how far it drops you away from the stadium, the walk to the station after etc.

ah ok you live in Jersey... PATH would only help ya if you lived east.

ok, a run down for anyone looking to take the trains, as I took it to Giants Stadium sunday for the Jets/Pats game...

the Meadowlands line has 3 stations... Hoboken, Secaucus and Meadowlands.

Hoboken is empty, Secaucus is packed (people coming from Penn Station stop here)

if you live in NYC or LI, you have two options... a) take NJ Transit from Penn Station to Secaucus, transfer there, and it's about a 10-15 minute ride from Secaucus to the Meadowlands... or, b) take the PATH train (there's a station in Herald Square, a short walk from Penn Station) to Hoboken. Change at Hoboken for the Meadowlands train, about 20-25 minutes from Hoboken to the Meadowlands.

the train lets out right at the entrance for the new stadium, which is being built so close to Giants Stadium that they practicly touch. It's a 2 minute walk from the platform to Gate B of Giants Stadium.

after the show they have 3 trains waiting... once one is filled, it leaves, they start to fill one of the other trains, and a replacement train takes the place of the one that just left. rinse, repeat.

it's very easy... although the line for the train is a little cattle herd-ish, and may seem like it would take forever, especially for those used to the bus lines. but they fill each train to capacity, and that's a lotta people. they say they can move 10,000 people per hour via the train lines... so yea, there's that. as long as you're not behind 10,000 people in line, you're gonna get on a train fairly quickly. i think i waited for about 15 minutes after the Jets/Pats game before I was on a train, and once i was on the train it was out of the station within 5 minutes.

on sunday i would say 95% of the people got off the return train (which was filled) at Secaucus. i stayed on till Hoboken, got off in relative ease, casually walked to the PATH and was back in Manhattan within 15 minutes of arriving at Hoboken.

so if you're coming from Jersey... if you can get to Hoboken instead it'll probably be a smoother transition for you. if your train stops at Secaucus... honestly, just follow the crowds.

to check the schedule you have to click on the giant advertisements on NJTransit's front page, and then compare them to your own line's time table.

Just one note. If you live on LI, just remember that trains don't run that frequently from Penn Station out to the Island at night. So if you are taking the train, go to mta.info and find a stop/station that has pretty regular service. A branch like the Babylon branch is usually good. A branch like the Ronkonkoma branch only has trains every hour, so if you miss one your stuck...

solid advice... many a time when i lived on LI have i missed the ole' 1:45am train on the port jefferson branch and had to either take a train to another station and pay 30+ bucks for a cab afterwords or, worse, wait till 6am for the next port jeff train that went past huntington.

that said... if you're taking the train, and the show ends around 11:30, you should be able to be back in penn station in plenty of time to get the last trains out. but better safe than sorry, of course. if you ain't drinkin' it's probably best to drive to a hub station (huntington, hicksville, mineola, babylon, ronkonkoma etc.)

Running on 3 hours sleep from doing all this weeks work so i can go to these 2 shows. Pure adrenaline keeping me awake...shooting up to the Meadowlands around 3:30-4ish from Rutgers after class. CANT WAIT :hyper::hyper::hyper:

i hope i get to meet some more interferencers these next two days..

Everyone is gonna wear their "bluecrackhead" shirts right so we can find each other.. Am I rite???:D :nerd:

Looks like the weather is gonna be good after all. Just walked over to the stadium, pretty calm over there now. I expect everyone to start showing up in the next three hours or so. Saw a bunch of trucks parked near the 120 enterance. Kinda cool. In my hotel now, thinking about a nap. I'll ignore comments made by headache, for he does not know who I am. The reason I have 300s is cause I bought it spare of the moment when I learned of the access code back in March. He doesn't know nothin'. Headache, if you wanna take me on, PM me instead of dragging shit into the thread. Man up

SMB

yes, let's fight over an interference thread. very calm and rational thinking there.

my only point is that you're stirring up shit by making it seem like tonight's show might be canceled because they can't get the stage up in time... and quoting "inside sources" who claim the stage isn't even half done, despite photographic evidence to the contrary.

did you, perhaps, work for the bush administration?

They said it was half done when it really was half done. The Claw being half done isnt even a third or what needs to be done for the whole shabang. I do know that show will happen tonight, and I also know some crew workers are royally pissed.

On a side note. For those staying on Platterson Plank Road, it is possible to walk to the Stadium. Did it earlier. Grass/Sidewalks/Cutting behind bushes

SMB

Anyone know what the meet and greet situation is like at Giants Stadium? Is it all blocked off or is there place you can catch the band?

SMB

Hey, anybody know what they do if you have GA tix, but you've got someone on crutches with you? My brother busted his knee and wants to go, but don't know if it's feasible.

Thanks for any help on this.

well, he won't be able to sit unless someone from meadowlands hospitality can get him a chair.

that aside... if you arrive a little later and hang in the back of the field it shouldn't be an issue at all, as long as he knows he's gonna be leaning on his crutches all night and is prepared for some sore ass pits the next day.

....impatiantly waiting i my hotel for 4pm or so when i walk on over to the meadowlands... btw, was there earlier... new stadium is HUGE

SMB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom