East Rutherford 2 Thread (Sept. 23-24)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So here is my first GA experience since Elevation:

So I ended up getting there around 2:15 and was the last person to get numbered by the unofficial/unsanctioned line people.. 702.. At around 3:15 the stadium security made us get rid of our chairs and made the line move like a heard of cattle. My cousin ended up getting there on the first train around 4, so instead of slipping into line-which the people around us had no problem with- we decided to tail gate in the parking lot and watch the line keep getting shuffled around.
When it was apparent people were really starting to arrive, Around 5:00 with a bag of beer in hand, we decided to jump onto the back of the line, which was really just a giant mob of about 800 people.. We ended up being pushed up to the middle of the group along the fence by the crowd. We both ended up in the back of the pit about a row off. During Muse it was great..plenty of room to move.. Lots of great pictures and video... As soon as it got close to show time, it got real crowded and we were barely able to move.. Getting in and out was hard, but not impossible..I made the trip 2 or 3 times.. It required a lot of pushing and apologizing.. The guys next to me asked me what time I got there and then told me they showed up at 7:30 and asked me what I thought of that. I told them as long as they weren't in front of me I didn't give a shit.. This was after they strong armed their way into my general area. It got too crowed so during Magnificent we left and enjoyed the concert from the sides by the food and then by the sound board.. Great show!

The point is you can show up at 4:30 and later and get a great spot..

Pick me up, wouldja? I work in Boston (Live in RI)
went to both boston shows.
Starting looking into others but man not only are most GA's sold out, but they're going for way more than face.
For Boston, you could get them less than face on day of.

The claw is amazing. Be sure to watch the claw legs when they hoist up the U2 lighting guys-it's pretty cool.

Still going thru serious withdrawals!!! :down:

The claw...i love seeing the faces of people that haven't heard about it before!:ohmy:

My brother and I showed up around 11:15 and got numbers 407 and 408. It was a little hot, but it was a well-organized and well-managed line. Kudos to the fans who set it up and the Giants Stadium security staff for enforcing it.

But why make us break down at 3:00 to go stand in line? Everyone was really comfortable on chairs and blankets and there was no need to do it that early, especially since we didn't get inside until 5:45 or so. It was total case of unencessary hurry up and wait.

Anyway, as we had to pack up, we had some drama with a lost set of car keys (mercifully we found them -- thanks to whoever turned them in to the securty desk) but still got to our rightful place in the second line. Unfortunately, we ended up behind some fans who aggressively forced their way to the front and really pissed off the security guy (and the NJ State Trooper who was called in!). That slowed everything down, costing us time in reaching the floor, but we still ended up in the inner circle, in the 7th row or so right between Bono and The Edge. An amazing, amazing spot. The catwalk stopped right beside us a few times (Edge in particular was literally right on top of us more than once) and we could see/hear everything, and we even had a decent vantage point of the screen.

Please come back soon, lads!

One question... Was NLOTH even released in Jersey? lol. The crowd was not into the new stuff AT ALL.

SMB

This shouldn't surprise anyone. This album is not selling very well it ain't just because "it's 2009!"

It's sold less than a million so far. People don't have it.

This is going to get worse and worse with every future album if U2 insists on playing 6-8 songs off their new ones. Eventually they'll have to get real and play just 3 new ones like the Stones do.

A lot of people seemed to know the new material in Boston! Maybe they're just too preoccupied with The Boss and Bon Jovi in Jersey :lol::lol:

I was born in New Jersey and still live in New Jersey and I love the album. Maybe it wasn't released in New York :wink:

Out of all the new songs I think people were into Boots the most. NLOTH was amazing both nights and it seemed like no one except in the red zones knew what the hell was going on. People around gave me blank stares like I was singing in chinese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom