Dublin2..."25th July" Fan meetings & Gatherings etc...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where flying in on the 23rd. We get there in the morning so the Vertigo Tribute show that night will be a fun way to get ready for the shows

That sounds like quite a good way to warm up for the shows, might have to do that on the 23rd.

Perhaps we should see if we can get them to play Acrobat :lol::lol::lol:

Hi guys I have read on U2's offical webiste that there's a fan gathering for Dublin fans before and after the concerts at CAFE EN SEINE 39 Dawson Street just off Grafton Street if anyones interested :hmm:

Hi guys I have read on U2's offical webiste that there's a fan gathering for Dublin fans before and after the concerts at CAFE EN SEINE 39 Dawson Street just off Grafton Street if anyones interested :hmm:

If it's listed on U2's site, it's going to be WAY TOO PACKED. Might want to consider avoiding it.

I have a picture in my head that ALL OF DUBLIN will basically be a FanGathering for this event

I still have not booked flights or hotel yet aaaggghhhh!!!:ohmy:

Whoa, you better hurry up... At least here hotel bookings can always be changed later if you change your mind. I can't get any place in the city center anymore. Prices have been jacked up too much. I might look into staying in the city center just for the Sunday and Monday nights, because there are still places with reasonable rates for those nights, but we'll see...

Back in Popmart days a lot of us had POPMARTIAN shirts made to identify Wire members. Maybe we need something similar so Interference folk can recognize eachother in Dublin. I'm certainly avoiding that "official" pub gathering, but I'll be at plenty of other pubs that weekend!

:ohmy: I checked again today! Fare is $1169.24 for my same flight!! I am so so so glad I booked when I did. Another week the far will be DOUBLE what I paid. :lol:

Expensive as Hell, I'm look at the Gross Cost of my entire trip being less than $1500. I couldn't imagine paying that kind of money for the flight alone. My heart goes out to all that have to purchase a ticket.

^I know me too! I am hoping to end up spending less than $1,000US for 5 days. That and travelling with only a carry on are going to be great challenges for me. Today the exchange for $100US will get you 74.7544EUR. What's the chance of THAT improving before July?

I booked early because they were rumors that the hotel rates would triple after the tour announcement, so I booked 2 days before the announcement

^I know me too! I am hoping to end up spending less than $1,000US for 5 days. That and travelling with only a carry on are going to be great challenges for me. Today the exchange for $100US will get you 74.7544EUR. What's the chance of THAT improving before July?

Exchange rate is just going to gradually get worse for us. And 1,000 for 5 days seems extremely reasonable. I'm going on 1,500 for 10 days. Grilled cheese and water the whole stay I'm looking to do.

Convert $$ to euros now...you'll get a better exchange rate. Then pay cash for everything while in Ireland. That's my plan anyhow!

And from what I've heard, you'll be hard pressed to find a pint for less than 6 euros in Dublin. Maybe someone who knows Dublin better can confirm this for us...

Hi

I'm from Dublin. Yes it can be expensive, so AVIOD Temple bar pub, Oliver st John Gogarty pub, Fitzsimons pub and Quays in the temple bar area. Very expensive, more so than others. You could get a pint of Guinness in these places for almost 6 euro but other places maybe at 4.80euro

Ok, those of you looking for flights you may consider flying to Belfast or London if its cheaper. A bus or train from Belfast to dublin may take a little over an hour. Here are sites for connections:
Irish rail: Irish Rail - Iarnr?d ?ireann - train tickets, train times, Ireland rail travel information Dublin station is Connolly
Ulsterbus:Translink Online - For bus and rail services in Northern Ireland! - Translink Busarus is Dublin bus station

If you are flying to another city and then onto Dublin, then the other irish airline is Ryanair which has most connections to Dublin and are usually cheap but BEWARE they are ruthless with their rules!! and some of their airports are not major but remote except Dublin, belfast and London Ryanair - Book Cheap Flights to Europe - Cheap Flights from the UK

As for hotels well these will be expensive and as I have discovered from wanting to book for cardiff u2 show all city center hotels are booked, but I discovered that all of those hotels in cardiff are listed with the official U2 hotel package company, Event travel!!! hmmm.

Good luck

The Owl

I'd think you can still go in to the pub, maybe not buy alcohol. Lots of European Pubs allow kids because a lot of them also serve food.

Yeah, I think this shouldn't be problem. There are also plenty of non-alcoholic drinks aviable in pubs. At least in my country. Don't think it's any different in Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom