Dublin2..."25th July" Fan meetings & Gatherings etc...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fwiw if you forget, most international airports will sell the adaptors. i picked up one no trouble in atlanta a few months ago. i keep it as a spare now that i have the one i left behind in memphis back.

I'm going to go shopping in June and get all this stuff. right now I'm making a list

fwiw if you forget, most international airports will sell the adaptors. i picked up one no trouble in atlanta a few months ago. i keep it as a spare now that i have the one i left behind in memphis back.

sure price was outrageous in airport. We better off buying before hand.

Ebay has good prices.

Just trying to figure out the specs that I need for a convertor for ipod video.

I'm going to check and see what exactly I need before I buy. I'm probably just going to buy online with the links that were posted to be on the safe side

I don't desperately need my flat iron, but I do need my blow drier. I'm not sure if there is one in the hotel already.

I got a number of travel items from eBay. Once I decided what I wanted I would shop around the internet to compare prices..I usually always check EBay, Amazon, Overstock etc.

LM: check with where you are staying to see if they have a blow dryer. Most places we stayed on our trip had them in all the rooms. My friend and I made bathroom schedules making it easier and quicker for us to share small quarters....I showered at night (my hair is longer & I'd let my hair dry at night or use the blow dryer at night) and since Kelly was a morning person she'd rise real early and shower in the morning. I'd use a curling iron to touch up my hair in the morning and be ready to face the day. Kelly put a bit of gel in her short curly hair. Due to the cool humid weather she decided to forego her flat iron styling and go for the natural look. Everyone's different so decide what you want to take with you or think about this stuff in advance.

I'm going to email them and ask them to make sure. I don't want to pack and bring something I don't need

I remember using the diffuser when I was able to afford having my hair colored and permed (in my former life lol) Now I cut & color myself. But my hair is so stubborn and straight but in real humid weather it takes on a life of its own sometimes so a curling iron is all it takes to tame it a wee bit. I just hate those travel curling irons with the small therma cell butane gas cartridges. They don't get hot enough.

Curly/frizzy hair vs. Irish weather. :hmm:

It may well be a losing battle. But I'll be damned not to bring the flat iron. I'm only going to wash it once while I'm there. So...

My hair needs to be blow dried and flat ironed, so they are definitly coming with me

Mine is kind of dried out right now. I just got it stripped and dyed lighter, but I'm using deep moisterizing conditioner and it is getting better

Back on topic. Does anyone have an idea of a place to meet up at?

Hold off a few more weeks for that conversation. Allow me to make a new thread deservingly titled "Croke Cranks" Serious inquiries only.

Then we'll get serious about the meeting and mapping out of our plan. But I do mean serious inquires only. We need each other to help one another with the "standing in line" That way, one of us could leave the line, knowing we're saving a place, and gather any goods we may need, ie. water.

And NOTE anyone reading this before 1:30pm EST, you may care to tune into Discovery channel for a live broadcast spacewalk.

The last repair of Hubble Telescope will begin tomorrow at 1:30pm EST while the launch is scheduled for NOON EST with 7 passengers due for orbit.

God speed to those 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom