December 18th and 19th 2010 - Subiaco Oval - Perth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You girls are making me laugh! Sounds like you had a great time. I crazy'd it up in Melbourne... much to the delight of the depressed sods around me.

cobl04, Beli, Marty and I were in Melbourne as well! Next time look for two almost-ish grannies and a tall guy and you'll be rockin in no time :up:

You girls are making me laugh! Sounds like you had a great time. I crazy'd it up in Melbourne... much to the delight of the depressed sods around me.

We were at Melbourne as well! :hyper: Where were you? Maybe we bounced on your feet too! Actually I'm almost betting that I did given I jumped on everyones feet. My systems navigation device is not as accurate as it once was. : )

And yeah, the Maccas off Hay St Mall near the Perth Station does a mean quarterpounder at 11.30 (or 2.00 am Adelaide time or whatever my stomach was screaming at me). Just thought I'd say....

OK, outahere :wave:

Absolutely! The moon keeps me up all the time. I love love love it!

Nighty night BEG.

Im trying to sort out my pics from the Perth 1 to see if there is anything in focus. Why dont cameras have a dance mode so I can frug and photograph at the same time?

There's always next time. We will drag you over to the dark side :up:
Yeah in houston I was outer wall inner circle...Las Vegas outer fence middle...same for Melbs so have to be front circle at least once!!! Nearly booked a Red Zone in Anaheim today but Ticketmaster USA couldn't verify my credit card....:doh:

I had a few depressed sods around me aswell. I danced, sang and jumped around like a crazy person for most of the show. When they played 'Hold me, Thrill me, Kiss me, Kill me, I think I was the only person singing and jumping around. A few chicks near me went nuts aswell for the entire show so I'm glad I wasn't the only one lol!! I didn't care, I had such a fantastic time and I still can't believe I saw U2 live in concert!!!!! They were 'right there' on stage, it wasn't a DVD, it was REAL!!!!! The couple next to me sat it out for almost the whole show...........

I think next time I'm gonna get a ticket in the red zone. It was good having a seat but I wanna be up close. I ended up standing up for most of the show anyway, I just couldn't sit still!!!

It was fun going by myself aswell. I didn't have to worry about anyone else or 'losing people' in the crowd. I got chatting with people when I was waiting for the gates to open (I got there way too early lol!). They had tried several times to get tickets when U2 played in the UK (they used to live there) but they always missed out. They said there was no way they were missing out this time!! The wife even said she spent 45 minutes on the phone, waiting to get tickets!!! I also chatted with the couple sitting next to me. I knew that everyone there loved U2 so that was an easy conversation starter.

I think security were a bit 'laid back' at Subiaco Oval. Where I was sitting, it looked like people could walk straight into the standing section. I saw lots of people walking out there and security didn't seem to care. I thought about doing that too but I decided to stay where I was......

I REALLY hope this wasn't U2's last tour..............

Isobel, I hope you get your Annaheim ticket! I'm envious. I'm too skint now to go anywhere. Enjoy!

Madam, next time do GA. Red zone has the potential to contain corporate bores. GA is where the hard core fans are. No one will tell you to stop dancing in GA ! And it doesn't matter if you don't know anyone, you will meet people at the show. U2 fans are gorgeous peep!

Isobel, I hope you get your Annaheim ticket! I'm envious. I'm too skint now to go anywhere. Enjoy!

Madam, next time do GA. Red zone has the potential to contain corporate bores. GA is where the hard core fans are. No one will tell you to stop dancing in GA ! And it doesn't matter if you don't know anyone, you will meet people at the show. U2 fans are gorgeous peep!

Indeed we are :wave: Especially GA people (never done a U2 gig from a seat...ok when I was in a wheelchair I did!! But I had 2 broken legs so didn't really have an option

i'm never not doing GA again, as i've said repeatedly. got tapped on the back about 10 times to sit down so i had to go and dance in the aisle. literally.

i'm never not doing GA again, as i've said repeatedly. got tapped on the back about 10 times to sit down so i had to go and dance in the aisle. literally.

This is exactly my outlook as well. In 2006 I did a mixture of GA and seating. I got told to sit down. Had an argument with the person behind me. Yelled at them this is not the opera therefore I am standing up. Security came and took their side and told me to sit down. You've got to be joking.

I swore then that I'll always do GA. So this time around I did all GA and it was sweet. So much better.

Reasons why I do GA:

1. Meeting fellow nutters who understand and sometimes (lots of times) can outdo my U2 fanaticism.

2. Meeting U2 fans who are going to their first concert and don't have a clue about how the whole GA thing works.

3. Seeing the interactions between the band and between them and the fans.

4. Moments like on Sunday night when the guy (sorry no idea who he was) who caught Bono at the right moment and screamed Party Girl loud enough and for enough times to convince them to do a verse. (Interesting that Bono always checks with the Edge before changing things up).

5. There is no better place in the whole stadium. :love:

Tania, I'd been saying to my friend, 'imagine if they took requests and they played Party Girl.' I didn't think it could happen and when that guy started yelling for it I went maniacal and joined in a little too enthusiastically. I could have died happy there and then. I don't think too many people would have recognized that little gem of a song but we all belted it out beautifully.
:))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom