December 18th and 19th 2010 - Subiaco Oval - Perth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone mentioned that the promoters may be considering getting the first 3000 fans to arrive at one single gate irrespective of what gate their ticket says, but that ain't official so don't quote me on it!

On Patersons Stadium concert information (the link was sent by ticketmaster) they have mentioned the U2 concerts saying:

We appreciate if you have a standing room ticket that you will want to get the best position, as close to the stage as possible. Venue management will monitor queues throughout the day to ensure orderly entry to the venue.
Due to the spectacular setup of the stage, all General Admission tickets have a fantastic view of the stage.Specific queuing systems will be set up for those patrons who arrive early. Toilet facilities will be provided. As the queuing area is a public area, alcohol is not permitted. Queuing is only permitted on the day of the concert. No overnight queuing will be permitted.

Oops Cathalmc, i pressed my post to early, i just want to say i wasn't quoting you saying you were wrong - more that i think you may be on the right track - the statement from the stadium saying 'specific queuing systems will be set up for those patrons who arrive early' may be something on the lines you mentioned.

Anyhow - whatever happens - i hope everyone going GA has an amazing weekend of shows and that we all get the positions in the stadium that we are hoping for :hyper:

please keep the updates coming. i am hoping on the airplane tomorrow/saturday morning and will be heading straight to subiaco (for sunday night show queue). i always get so nervous when it comes to GA lines so any info is helpful.

Also, am nervous as I am picking up my ticket from some in Perth - probably on Saturday. No idea what gate number it says on it.

Just back from the queue and I'm a wee bit squiffy but I do believe that the security woman on the noisy, one-foot high motorbike said that, yeah, the first couple of thousand fans will be sent through one gate.

Apparently the fans' queuing system was discussed at a security meeting tonight, and they want to make it as smooth and easy as possible. There was even mention of "the band" saying that they want fans to be taken care of better than in Sydney.

Quadcaster will remember more of what she said than me! Hope he survives the night!

cathalmc said:
Just back from the queue and I'm a wee bit squiffy but I do believe that the security woman on the noisy, one-foot high motorbike said that, yeah, the first couple of thousand fans will be sent through one gate.

Apparently the fans' queuing system was discussed at a security meeting tonight, and they want to make it as smooth and easy as possible. There was even mention of "the band" saying that they want fans to be taken care of better than in Sydney.

Quadcaster will remember more of what she said than me! Hope he survives the night!

Number system to be enforced, band wants fans taken care of, first 3000 enter through single gate before the rest are open. You pretty much covered it Cat-Howl.

I came back to my hotel. Couldn't take the cold.

Sensible!

Gotta love the behind the times burghers of WA and no daylight saving, I can jump on a 5.00 pm flight this arvo AND still get to Subi in time for U2 :cute:

Oh no! Someone just posted a notice on gumtree in Melbourne and want to GIVE away tickets to tomorrow's show. I think the universe does want me to go to Perth...:scratch:

My credit card does not need to hear about those kinds of ideas thanks!! :wink:

Neither does my credit card but then again, I paid for a reserved seating ticket ($299.00) and I'm getting a chauffeur car to and from Subiaco Oval - so I'm doing it in style and 'pretending' to be 'wealthy' ha ha!! I even had to go out and buy some 'flash' shoes to wear to the show. I nearly bought a glow in the dark pair but they didn't have my size.........lucky because I don't want anyone trying to steal my shoes lol!!

I can't believe U2 will be playing in approx 10 hours!!!!!!!!!! How was last nights show?? Anyone? Anyone? Bueler? Anyone?

Anyone interested in doing the one signups for free GA entry and a chance to Walk On stage??? Let me know asap

just get as many as possible ... some get 150 and end up stage...half the people who get on get the top amount of signatures and the rest are a lucky draw... its a good day ... although must admit the Perth crowd were harder than Melbourne so if you see a one vollie..sign there ipad petition(even if you have already :)

I just got home from U2!!! What a fantastic show!!! I loved every minute of it and they played heaps of good songs. I got chatting with a family while I was waiting for the gates to open. They said they heard U2 practising earlier on and they sounded awesome!! And they were only practising!! I had a great time, even though I went by myself. I sat next to a different couple during the show and I got chatting with them aswell. I danced for most of the show and sang along to all of the songs. I went a bit nuts when they played Sunday Bloody Sunday and Where the streets have no name (everyone went nuts for that song).

It was such a great show but I didn't get a chance to buy any merchandise. It doesn't matter because I had already bought a 360 tour DVD. Can I buy shirts online from this tour??

I heard someone say that Sat nights show had 52,000 people. I think tonight got close to that too. It was so great to see so many people there, so many U2 fans in Perth!!

I just got home from U2!!! What a fantastic show!!! I loved every minute of it and they played heaps of good songs.

Sounds like a very special night! Just looking at the setlist was exciting :drool: so being there must have been amazing. Lucky you!!!!

(And yes, you'll find you can buy lots of merchandise online.)

Hi Tania- I think I met you! My name is Anna. Black floral dress, manic smile the entire concert, dark hair and eyes (half Italian). I'm slowly figuring out that most people who were around me are members on this forum. Emphasis on SLOWly. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom