December 13th and 14th 2010 - ANZ Stadium - Sydney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
:dance:

For all existing fanclub members, the the presale begins on Thursday, 26 August at 11am and runs until noon on Monday, 30 August. Yes, that is for all four old subscriber groups: Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent, Boots.

For new fanclub members, there will be a separate presale after the presale for existing members. New members will be allocated to a fifth subscriber group, named Cedar. The Cedar presale begins on Monday, 30 August at 1pm and runs until midday on Wednesday, 1 September.

General Public Sale September 3rd 2010 9AM (LOCAL TIME)

GA for me if everything goes to plan tomorrow. :up:

I'm thinking there will be a 2nd show on the 14th. I've noticed hotel prices are much higher for both the 13th and 14th which suggests a second show. Fingers-crossed.

Wish there was a map up for syd. red zone are too expensive for me. So I think i'll go with seating. If I won lotto then i would buy red zone.

Found a map I don't remember where.
Got myself a seating tix as well, though I'd aimed at Red Zone, sold too fast for me :-(
I'll be in 105, looks good on the map, Edge's side. Just can't wait!

Ok, does anyone know what seats the P1 to P4 tickets correspond to on the stadium map?

sfx61816.gif

This is my one, with a little pricing info.

For those involved in the general sale for ANZ stadium tomorrow (or those interested in seats for Sydney 2), here's a little bit of pricing information I've hunted down. Wish there was a bit more info, but these are the only seats I was offered.

ANZseatingplanconfirmed.jpg

Also, if anyone would like to see the view they will have for a particular section, ANZ has an interactive seating plan on their website here, Interactive Seating Plan. Double click on a section to see a view from there.

I definitely wouldn't be keen to pay $175 for the section 300's. Yeah, they're front on, but they're a long way away. Comparable seats at the Rose Bowl were $30 & $50.

Interesting that seats in 145-2 ($110) are more expensive than seats in 145-1 ($40). I'd assume that this means that for sections 139-1 to 145-1, views may be a little restricted by the back-of-stage ramps, Larry's drum kit, plus the other gear. Thus the higher up sections 139-2 to 145-2 have better views & are more expensive. The lowest row number I was offered in these lower rear sections was row 22. I believe row's 1 to 21 will not be sold due to view restrictions. Row's 22 to 31 are being sold for $40, so probably a great deal for anyone near row 31. A third the price of those behind them in row 32 & above ($110).

My sister's got 4x$40 seats in 140-1, row 28. So I'm praying that's far enough up to have a good view.

What else have I learned? Being Irish, U2 don't like teetotalers :lol: They've put all the alcohol-free sections either behind a rear CLAW leg, or in some pretty expensive nosebleeds ($175) at the far end of the stadium.

hello sydney!

i will be situated a zillion miles away!

i was going to make it a glorified listening party by getting 40$ tickets but i got myself 110$ tickets, i will be getting my binoculars out

Ok this is a bit irrelevant but December 13th could be quite a strange day for me personally because.....:shifty:...........:|..that morning is the morning I get my Year 12 VCE results. So in effect it could be the best day of my life, or an extremely bittersweet day, depending on what scores I get! :D

For all the other VCE-ians going to the 13th show good luck so that it can be an awesome day for us all! I know its kinda giving me some motivation, and I take a fair bit of motivating! :lol:

Also d.darroch you have been gathering some awesome info about seating and such so thanks! As for those rear view seats I think they would be awesome, I got offered 142 bay this morning (in line with the drum kit i guess) but decided I didn't want to sit alone :D, they were probably not perfect anyway..

Ok this is a bit irrelevant but December 13th could be quite a strange day for me personally because.....:shifty:...........:|..that morning is the morning I get my Year 12 VCE results. So in effect it could be the best day of my life, or an extremely bittersweet day, depending on what scores I get! :D

without knowing how good a student you are, days like that always tend to end well. everything will come up a winner for you that day. even if you're like me and don't study or try, when something like u2 is there to celebrate a win, it works out alright.

without knowing how good a student you are, days like that always tend to end well. everything will come up a winner for you that day. even if you're like me and don't study or try, when something like u2 is there to celebrate a win, it works out alright.

Thanks coolian2, I'm by no means a super student but I'm aware of the one - chance nature of the year, so I'm trying my best :lol:.

For all the other VCE-ians going to the 13th show good luck so that it can be an awesome day for us all! I know its kinda giving me some motivation, and I take a fair bit of motivating! :lol:

Also d.darroch you have been gathering some awesome info about seating and such so thanks! As for those rear view seats I think they would be awesome, I got offered 142 bay this morning (in line with the drum kit i guess) but decided I didn't want to sit alone :D, they were probably not perfect anyway..

if i can impart some advice...

i'm second year uni now, doing a Media&Comm course. at Melbourne Uni i needed a 98 to get in, i'm at Deakin and all i needed was a 68.

after about two weeks, ENTER scores do not matter in the slightest. once offers come out, everyone has forgotten about their scores.

if you can wait til they mail them out (which is the next day) i'd do that. i tried, but didn't want to hold out any longer. i got a terrific score considering, but schools place so much pressure on VCE when it really means almost fuck all.

if i can impart some advice...

i'm second year uni now, doing a Media&Comm course. at Melbourne Uni i needed a 98 to get in, i'm at Deakin and all i needed was a 68.

after about two weeks, ENTER scores do not matter in the slightest. once offers come out, everyone has forgotten about their scores.

if you can wait til they mail them out (which is the next day) i'd do that. i tried, but didn't want to hold out any longer. i got a terrific score considering, but schools place so much pressure on VCE when it really means almost fuck all.

Thanks mate! great advice :lol: ps. when our careers teacher told us to put our dream course as our #1 preference I put down media and comm as that pick at rmit i think it was, but i know dang right i won't get that, so it's good to remember the other unis and avenues into the various industries.

Anyway sorry about getting off topic, we have a concert to go to soon people! :wink:

So, who will be in town between the 2 shows?

I am staying with a friend on the monday night, then lining up at about 8am next day for GA.

We should make a time and place for a few drinks in the city post-show

This is going to be my first trip to Sydney and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on transit passes. After the concert, I'm planning to do a week's worth of sightseeing, would you advise a transit pass that covers bus, rail, and ferries? Thanks!

That said, someone restrain me from buying a ticket to night 2! :hyper:

This is going to be my first trip to Sydney and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on transit passes. After the concert, I'm planning to do a week's worth of sightseeing, would you advise a transit pass that covers bus, rail, and ferries? Thanks!

MyZone - MyMulti

if you're going to do more than $20 of travel a day in the first zone, this works out quite well. overall it's pretty good value.

Get a GA ticket, and join our Sydney 2 GA queue party!

^ haha, no, I'll be getting back at about 8am the next morning. I saw some people do that after the Vertigo show. I camped out for the first night from about 9am, and was on the rail of the left bstage. Some that had camped out with us just turned around and camped out again. Crazy people! I need a bed, but then I'll be back into it.

If it's allowed, I will camp out after the first gig to the second, I usually camp but never before in OZ .... :wink:

yikes just realized Oprah's doing her Aus shows in Sydney around the 14th, and I haven't booked any hotels yet. ie hope the prices haven't sky highed for it :huh:

I'm staying at the Novotel Sydney Olympic Park for a total of $1528 AUS.

Does anyone here think I'm crazy?:huh:

Thats ridiciouls. Thats beyond crazy. You must be rich right?

Hell....I paid $210 in total (2 night stay) at a Hotel near Central Station (looks pretty nice enough) Sure I might spend $20 bucks on train tickets (i'm gonna go climb the bridge and a few other things as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom