December 13th and 14th 2010 - ANZ Stadium - Sydney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was pretty surprised to see Bono with the Rudd on the news, to be honest.

I'll probably spend most of the day of Sydney II in the GA Line, not much for the first night...as I've got a few non-U2 things planned.

Yeah, we've got seats for night 1! :lol:

staying at a friends place in st leonards that night. Hoping there are a few that want to get a drink in between shows that night

HBK-79 i'll be happy to meet up :)

Unfortunately, I actually don't think I can do any meet-ups. For some reason, my cell phone doesn't work outside of the US. In Italy, my cell kept saying "Searching...":huh:

So I have no way of getting in touch with you guys when I'm in your neck of the woods.:sad:

By the way- Anyone doing RZ for night 2? I have no clue about when I should show up at the stadium's box office.

Unfortunately, I actually don't think I can do any meet-ups. For some reason, my cell phone doesn't work outside of the US. In Italy, my cell kept saying "Searching...":huh:

So I have no way of getting in touch with you guys when I'm in your neck of the woods.:sad:

By the way- Anyone doing RZ for night 2? I have no clue about when I should show up at the stadium's box office.

:up: Red Zone on Edge's side . . . I went to the stadium last week to collect GA tix and got my receipt for the Red Zone tix but not the actual tickets / wristband things themselves as ticket collection information was not being given to the agencies yet (or that was the story I got) . . . will call ticketek on Friday this week and ask them what the go is and post my findings here :) . . . or mebbe some kind folks with red zone tix in auckland could help us out :whistle:

Not RZ, but GA. Already have tix though.

Have you got global roaming on?

this . . . although it might just be cheaper to stump up and buy a crappy phone and prepaid sim card whilst you're here instead?

:up: Red Zone on Edge's side . . . I went the stadium last week to collect GA tix and got my receipt for the Red Zone tix but not the actual tickets / wristband things themselves as ticket collection information was not being given to the agencies yet (or that was the story I got) . . . will call ticketek on Friday this week and ask them what the go is and post my findings here :) . . . or mebbe some kind folks with red zone tix in auckland could help us out :whistle:

this . . . although it might just be cheaper to stump up and buy a crappy phone and prepaid sim card whilst you're here instead?

You can often get handsets free from post offices when you buy 30 bucks of pre-paid credit.

or mebbe some kind folks with red zone tix in auckland could help us out :whistle:

I had RZ in Auckland for both nights and those were only available at the stadium on the day of the show. ( I wasn't even able to pick up my tickets for night 2 on the first night). I also had picked up some GA tickets at the Box Office earlier in the week and was told the same thing; that the RZ tickets and wristbands wouldn't be available until show day at the RZ pickup office. (which was different than the regular stadium will call booth).

Yeah, we've got seats for night 1! :lol:

staying at a friends place in st leonards that night. Hoping there are a few that want to get a drink in between shows that night

Planned that well, didn't we :lol:

I'm staying at Olympic Park, so I should be able to meet up for something those days.

On another note, I'm already freaking out about GA. The next two weeks can't go fast enough :panic:

Is anyone staying at Rydges Parramatta?

nopes . . . but I have fond memories of . . . whut, wait . . . this is Zoo Confesh right :wink: :giggle:

on a serious note . . . should be a nice easy ride by bus or train to the stadium on show day :up:

I had RZ in Auckland for both nights and those were only available at the stadium on the day of the show. ( I wasn't even able to pick up my tickets for night 2 on the first night). I also had picked up some GA tickets at the Box Office earlier in the week and was told the same thing; that the RZ tickets and wristbands wouldn't be available until show day at the RZ pickup office. (which was different than the regular stadium will call booth).

thanks rose :up: . . . I knew that I wouldn't be able to collect them last week but I thought they'd at least be able to tell me what the process was :der: . . . is already having *where is my receipt, don't forget your id, don't forget the credit card you bought them with, will I get I get off work to get there in time, will I find the right ticket collection booth, will I get my ideal pozzy* anxiety :panic: :doh:

Planned that well, didn't we :lol:

I'm staying at Olympic Park, so I should be able to meet up for something those days.

On another note, I'm already freaking out about GA. The next two weeks can't go fast enough :panic:

:hi5: :hyper:

thanks rose :up: . . . I knew that I wouldn't be able to collect them last week but I thought they'd at least be able to tell me what the process was :der: . . . is already having *where is my receipt, don't forget your id, don't forget the credit card you bought them with, will I get I get off work to get there in time, will I find the right ticket collection booth, will I get my ideal pozzy* anxiety :panic: :doh:
:hi5: :hyper:

All they asked me to show was the cc with which I had paid for them. Might be a good idea to bring that (and ID), although they didn't ask me for ID.

If you have plans to visit the opera house on the 14th, forget it. And if you want to hang around the CBD, scratch that out as well.

Oprah Winfrey's Australian Visit

*shudder* . . . thank god the concert venue is on the other side of the city :)

All they asked me to show was the cc with which I had paid for them. Might be a good idea to bring that (and ID), although they didn't ask me for ID.

/random - had such a crap day at work today completely forgot to ring ticketek to see if they have a distribution plan for red zone yet :doh: will see if I have any joy tomorrow and will post mah findings :sexywink:

Anyone staying at the Sydney Central hostel? I would be down for pre show freaking out before we make our way to the stadium :D

:) just got hold of ticketek operator after nearly an hour :crack:
The info I was given was that rzone ticket holders will be able to collect tickets from the box office just near the main entrance to anz stadium. Ticket box opens at 4pm :)panic: ) and we should have credit card used to purchase ticket and photo idea ready to verify purchase.
I'll call the stadium and ticketek again on Thursday/ Friday just to confirm - 4pm seems late to me especially in light of the fact that other rzone ticket stands have opened much earlier on show day :shrug:

One week to go! :loveshower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom