Baltimore?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maoilbheannacht

Refugee
Well, although I think Baltimore is unlikely for a show since they just did Fedex Field in Landover Maryland which is just 30 miles south of M&T stadium, there is a rumor that they are attempting to book it with a date at M&T stadium.

If there is anything to this rumor, July 14 would likely be the only date they would do a show there, so that would have to be clear as far as the stadiums Schedule goes.

The stadium actually has 3,000 more seats than Lincoln Financial Field, but I'm sure demand here would be weaker than what has been seen so far in Philadelphia. A complete sellout would not be possible, the question would be if they could fill up the majority of the stadium.

I would go to that show, but I live 2 1/2 hours away in Jersey. Does it really make sense to have a show there after they made everyone from that area buy Philly tickets?

Maybe they tried to book it in 2009 or something and the Ravens rep was confused. I don't see Baltimore as a stop since they already played/will play this market. There are also no other shows in NA with only a 2 day gap between cities in 2010, and the Claws will be in use elsewhere.

Maybe they tried to book it in 2009 or something and the Ravens rep was confused. I don't see Baltimore as a stop since they already played/will play this market. There are also no other shows in NA with only a 2 day gap between cities in 2010, and the Claws will be in use elsewhere.

this was my understanding about the rumor around here was they tried to book it for this year but there was some kind of conflict with the Raven's schedule.. It was close to a done deal but fell thru due to this.

this was my understanding about the rumor around here was they tried to book it for this year but there was some kind of conflict with the Raven's schedule.. It was close to a done deal but fell thru due to this.

U2 originally wanted to book M&T for leg 2, but they couldnt fit it in the schedule due to NFL conflicts with the load in/out

If they do book the 14th, I think they could get close to filling the place. The DC market is fairly strong, plus they'd be able to get a decent crowd from VA/NC as well as spillover from Philly/NY

If they do book the 14th, I think they could get close to filling the place. The DC market is fairly strong, plus they'd be able to get a decent crowd from VA/NC as well as spillover from Philly/NY

The 14th is impossible, even with 3 Claws. The 12th, 16th, and 19th dates will be using the Claws (either tearing down, moving, or building) at that time.

Also might pull in fans from DE and WV too

U2 originally wanted to book M&T for leg 2, but they couldnt fit it in the schedule due to NFL conflicts with the load in/out

I think now that if the 6th of June is the first US/Canadian date, and the 19th of July is the last, then the only possible remaining shows are the following:

Salt Lake City - June 10
Oakland 2 - June 17
Edmonton 2 - June 24
Minneapolis - June 27
Montreal 2 - July 17

If there isn't another Philly date, or a show for Baltimore, I'll be very surprised. I'd probably be a little upset as well, as I'm looking forward to at least a double-show week for U2 next year.

If there is a Baltimore show, I'll definitely go as I only live about an hour or so away.

Hell, if there was another Philly and a Baltimore show, I'll go to both! :hyper: So that'd be 3 shows. :drool:

I doubt they'll do all of those though, so I'm just hopeful for at least a Baltimore show!

The 14th is impossible, even with 3 Claws. The 12th, 16th, and 19th dates will be using the Claws (either tearing down, moving, or building) at that time.

Why couldnt they use the Chicago claw in Baltimore (6th /14th)
Miami claw in Montreal (9th /16th)
Philly claw in NY (12th / 19th)

Curious why it would be impossible

How long did it take for the Landover show to sell out?

The show did not sell all the potential seats available in the stadium, but it did sell 84,750 tickets making it the 11th largest non-festival ticketed concert in United States history. It is also
U2's third largest show ever in the Western Hemisphere and 5th largest show worldwide to date.

Why couldnt they use the Chicago claw in Baltimore (6th /14th)
Miami claw in Montreal (9th /16th)
Philly claw in NY (12th / 19th)

Curious why it would be impossible

Interesting point.

Lets take a look at how this would run:

Anaheim 1&2 June 6-7: Claw A
Salt Lake City June 10: Claw B
Denver June 12: Claw C

Oakland 1&2 June 16-17: Claw A
Seattle June 20: Claw B
Edmonton 1&2 June 23-24: Claw C

Minneapolis June 27: Claw A
East Lansing June 30: Claw B
Toronto July 3: Claw C

Chicago July 6: Claw A
Miami July 9: Claw B
Philadelphia July 12: Claw C

Baltimore July 14: Claw A
Montreal 1&2 July 16-17: Claw B
East Rutherford July 19: Claw C

The only problem would be the last 3 cities with the idea that it takes a minimum of 9 days to get the Claw from the current show, to the next one. That includes all the take down, travel and set up time.

Chicago to Baltimore for Claw A would be 8 days.
Miami to Montreal for Claw B would be 7 days.
Philadelphia to East Rutherford for Claw C would be 7 days.

If it really takes a minimum of 9 days to transfer the Claw to the next city, then Baltimore won't be possible within the given time frame. Prior to the last three cities, there has always been a minimum of 9 days between the cities for each Claw, but I'm not sure if that is the absolute minimum. If they could cut it to 7 days, then Baltimore has a shot for a show on the 14th of July.

Did your source indicate U2 were attempting to book a show in Baltimore in July 2010?Or did this just come from the attempt to book the stadium early in 2009 for the fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom