August 9 & 10 - Stadium Maksimir - Zagreb, Croatia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doe's anyone else did manage to buy tickets from the croatian site. I can't add tickets for 250kn to the basket but it's not showing selout actualy you can put Count for tickets What is going on.
:crack:

^ Did you manage to get tickets for the show on 9 August?

i didnt try im only in zagreb for 3nights and my 2 friends are not such big u2 fans. i would have to go on my own, which i dont mind, but i would like to see abit of the city as well. when im there i may try and get one on the day if i change my mind though. i suppose there is plenty of daytime to have a look around

I've found an advertisement of a guy offering 8 seating tickets for the Zagreb show on 9 August, the cheapest category, for 99 euro. :ohmy: He says the concert is "sold out". Not that I need to buy any, just curious: Has it been confirmed that the show is sold out?

Edit: Just saw that tickets are still available, even GA, but I don't know if you can really still buy them or if they just haven't put the "Sold out" up on the site yet.

It's not sold out, but as far as I know, it's selling really quickly. There is chaos on the streets of Zagreb once again.

Just got myself a cheapie seat using the Czech site. I think it was one of the last ones available cos I went back immediately and tried to get two tix (thinking I could maybe swap one for Zagreb 2) but the site then told me they were sold out.

Fortunately my order for one ticket was still in the shopping cart and I managed to check out and pay for it. Phew!

Makes up for all the frustrating wasted effort last week.

See y'all there!

I am so happy that we will have 2 sold out U2 concerts in a small but beautiful Croatia.

Yes the general on-sale was a nightmare again (specially on internet), but I guess most U2 fans got their tickets one way or another (thanks to ticketpro sites in Slovakia and Czech Republic as well).

It is interesting that we have a population of less than 5 million people, but we managed to sell out 2 stadiums of 63.000 people in 2 days (total of 126.000!), but in many big cities/regions like Berlin, Gelsenkirchen, Cardiff, Glasgow, Chorzow tickets are still available.

Most tickets buyers were from Croatia, specially for a added concert (many tickets were sold in the shops and agencies).

Any suggestions where one could crash in Zagreb? I've looked at several hotels (I didn't know Zagreb is THAT expensive!) and found some alternatives.

Maksimir Hotel seems like a good choice, but I'm afraid it's booked out. Besides, the homepage claims 50€/night, but any other site I wanna book it's 92€ at least.

Hotel Dubrava: Any comments on this? I can't find anything on the net except for a shady site.

Hotel Dubrovnik: The place I have reserved for now, but 190€ for 2 nights is simply to expensive. Then again, it's rather "close" to the stadium and clean (I don't wanna sleep in a rathole)

Any cheap(er) but equally good(?) suggestions? :shifty:

Thx!

Yeah, Zagreb really isn't cheap.

I'll book until 11 August, since I don't think there will be another concert in Zagreb after 10 August.

I'll book until 11 August, since I don't think there will be another concert in Zagreb after 10 August.

There's no way they'll add a third one. I'm not basing this on sources, it's just me saying it. :) Still, there's no way.

And yeah, incredibly expensive. I have my share of bookings this summer and my Zagreb stay will cost me the most BY FAR! :huh: Still, I think the concerts will compensate it fully, expecting the two hottest dates of the tour :drool:

I've booked 9 - 11, need to be ready for London after that :applaud:

So far I've booked at Dubrovnik, if I find something cheaper: awesome. If not, I'll take it, though 190€ for 2 nights does hurt :crack:

Hotel Dubrovnik is not cheap, but it is located on the main square in Zagreb, so you will be close to everything that is important for a visitor.

Maksimir Stadium is easily accessible by a tram (number 11 or 12 for example) so you will be fine.

Many hotels in different European cities cost around 100 euro per night.

Hotel Dubrovnik is not cheap, but it is located on the main square in Zagreb, so you will be close to everything that is important for a visitor.

Maksimir Stadium is easily accessible by a tram (number 11 or 12 for example) so you will be fine.

Many hotels in different European cities cost around 100 euro per night.

Thanks for the info! :) Wasn't supposed to be a critique, I was just suprised by the prices in Zagreb. I will probably stay with Dubrovnik then :)

For how long have you booked the hotel? Three nights from 9th? Now it looks like I'll not go by car there and I don't know if I have to book just from 10th, so I'd arrive to Zagreb in night and go directly to stadium or already from 9th...
Looks like I'll stay in Hobo Bear. best option for poor student...

Since I'm going to Zagreb on 8 August, I need the hotel from 8 to 11 August (3 nights). On 11 August I'll go back by train. I'm thinking about spending a couple of days with my father after that, because he's living in the south of Austria. Depends if I get so many days off work.

So how do you plan to go there?

Since I'm going to Zagreb on 8 August, I need the hotel from 8 to 11 August (3 nights). On 11 August I'll go back by train. I'm thinking about spending a couple of days with my father after that, because he's living in the south of Austria. Depends if I get so many days off work.

So how do you plan to go there?

what about arriving there in the night and going right to the stadium? Not a good idea, is it?:reject:

Thanks for the info! :) Wasn't supposed to be a critique, I was just suprised by the prices in Zagreb. I will probably stay with Dubrovnik then :)

No worries, I do not think that paying around 100 euro for a hotel room is cheap, that is the price for some concert tickets (when you add fees and shipment costs).

Of course concert ticket is much more valuable than one night in a hotel room.

At least bear and food is cheap or affordable in Zagreb, some restaurants have good value for many.

^ Certainly not for me :lol:

Honestly, I need some sleep, I need to be rested to pull off GA twice.

That is the spirit, so maybe see you in GA line.

My first U2 concert was during ZooTv Tour in Vienna/Donauinsel, sometimes I count some things after that breakthrough moment in my life.

Welcome to Croatia anyway, I saw that you were here already and that you had a good time.

If somebody still search for U2 tickets for the first concert in Zagreb you can find them in the ticketpro sites in Slovakia and Czech Republic.

so, anybody planning to spend night before first concert in front of stadium?

so, anybody planning to spend night before first concert in front of stadium?

The way it's looking I might not have a choice :crack: I thought I could catch an early bus on Sunday and be in Zagreb midday to check in at the hotel and go to the Stadium, but it looks like the Bus Agency doesn't operate Sundays so I might need to crash somewhere on the street when I arrive Saturday night at 23:40 in Zagreb :D That sucks, I don't wanna pay an extra night for a hotel...

...kidney, anyone? :huh: It's in an awesome shape!

The way it's looking I might not have a choice :crack: I thought I could catch an early bus on Sunday and be in Zagreb midday to check in at the hotel and go to the Stadium, but it looks like the Bus Agency doesn't operate Sundays so I might need to crash somewhere on the street when I arrive Saturday night at 23:40 in Zagreb :D That sucks, I don't wanna pay an extra night for a hotel...

...kidney, anyone? :huh: It's in an awesome shape!

Did you check train schedules?
You have good connections for trains from Vienna, Budapest, Munich, Venice to Zagreb on a daily basis and I guess from Ljubljana as well.
I do not know from which city you are coming to Zagreb, but you have an option with a train and not just with a bus.
Also you could spend one night in a hostel, of course it is cheaper than in a hotel.

Hotel Astoria is on a really good location in the city center (as you wrote close to the main train station and also close to the main bus terminal).

I may book that one as well :hmm:

Is it easy to get to the stadium from there? I did a little research yesterday and also got myself a Zagreb city map out of the internet, so now I know where the center, rail station and stadium are. How's public transport in Zagreb?

What about Hobo Bear? Is it in a good location as well? I've read that it's located in the centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom