August 9 & 10 - Stadium Maksimir - Zagreb, Croatia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got 2 up and it rejected my card! Aaaarghhh!

edit - the nice man at the bank told me it was rejected because of where the website is. Nice to know their security works but its a bit bloody late now!!!

No!

The status keeps changing from sold out to enabling you to enter an amount of tickets, but only once has it pulled up any tickets.

At least my bank has cleared my card now though

I'll keep trying:lol:

No!

The status keeps changing from sold out to enabling you to enter an amount of tickets, but only once has it pulled up any tickets.

At least my bank has cleared my card now though

I'll keep trying:lol:

:hug:

I'm so sorry. Yes, that's why you have to keep watching these sites, it was like that with other ticket sites as well. Sometimes little batches of tickets are released after general sale has been closed or the concert has been declared "sold out", but you have to be really quick and there is only a very limited number of tickets available, often just single tickets.

Pollstar article about the Zagreb general sale:

U2 Sells Out Croatia - Pollstar -- The Concert Hotwire

Thank you.

That's what I thought, because tickets were still available in the afternoon.
It's because the system crashed so badly, a lot of people couldn't get through to ordering their tickets, and not everyone was clever enough to go to a different website.
People going into outlets and buying their tickets there are only a small percentage, even if lines were impressive.
But I think the main problem was the crashing website. I was a little upset with the operaters saying they were suprised and didn't expect this. I mean, come on, we are talking about a U2 concert here. The website really is a catastrophy. :doh:

BE VERY CAREFUL before ordering any tickets from the Croatian Ticketpro website. They are at best incompetent. See my post here for more details. They have basically lost me 2 GAs to London and overcharged me $400 which I am still trying to get back.:|

BE VERY CAREFUL before ordering any tickets from the Croatian Ticketpro website. They are at best incompetent. See my post here for more details. They have basically lost me 2 GAs to London and overcharged me $400 which I am still trying to get back.:|

Pleased to report they responded to my latest email and have confirmed the return of the overcharged amount to my cards so hopefully will have that back in a few days.

bus ride ??

that bus ride from lubj .. ?
is that a fixed date, or time or what ?

your help would be appreciated, cause I understand nottin of it ...

only it confirms the ticket being GA but the bus ride ???
and normally tix are 75,50 expensive I find !
is there service charge on top ?
in holland we paid 55 plus 5,50 for GA
strange

Yes, the packages include GA tix and bus rides at fixed times to the venue and back again.

Yes, I also paid 74 euro for GA, I bought the tix on the Slovakian site. Tickets on the Croatian site (the one I wasn't able to get into) were cheaper, 500 kn, which was about 67 euro I think. The one good thing about it, besides getting GA tickets in the end, is that European shipment is quite cheap compared to other sites where I bought tickets, like for Italy and Germany.

GA for German shows also cost more than for other shows, 70 and 71 euro. I don't really understand why there are such differences in prices, the only thing I could imagine is that there are different fees and taxes on the tickets.

Our mayor is definitely particular and "special", but he was joking when he was saying this....he was playing a parody on some peoples paranoia :)

Yes, I got that, thanks! :wink: He's obviously a character... "uhhh, bloody sunday" :lol:

Yes, the packages include GA tix and bus rides at fixed times to the venue and back again..

first, thanx for the quick answer !!!

second
what is that time, is it 14.00pm on day of the concert ? cause that is no use then for a GA .... too late ......

barcelona won with shipping ..... 40 euro for shipping 4 tix from barcelona to holland ... only option !!! or pick up at local ticket booth .. no way ....

Yeah, it's the same day, no hotel included.

They also offer that for Chorzow from my city, Vienna. Bus transfer on the day of the show and back again after the show, and it's quite a journey! So I wouldn't advise it if you want to be in front.

thanx

thanx for that, still, desperate people could buy this if they just want the ga ..
I will look on, still time to swap, peoples plans change ...
and a 2nd concert might pop up ..

Any rumours/news concerning a second Zagreb show? And when do people think it will be? 11 or 12 August? Just asking because of the hotel I have to book. I will definitely try for the second show as well if there should be one.

The organizer, lupa promotion.hr, says they're negotiating for a second show. Our local concert agencies are claiming there will be a second show too.

Any suggestions as to when(if) this 2nd show may get the go ahead?

Ive put my travel plans on hold for now, i've given up on the 1st night. I know i could probably get some tickets on the day but its a long way to go and get ripped off, so i would be banking on a 2nd night.

I need to make a decision this week, so Lupa get your ass in gear:lol:

Well on the 14th they're in Wembley so if there is a second show it'll probably be on the 11th.

Extra dates are almost never before the date that was first announced. I can think of only a precious few examples in U2 history. 11th or 12th are the probable days, 11th the most likely.

Congratulations fellow Croatians! You managed to sell out a concert at prices that are way too high comparing to other countries:
according to IMF, Croatia makes 16,500 $ GDP per capita (world rank:52.)and charged for GA ticket just under 70€ (roughly 90$!) while for example the Netherlands ranks the top ten with over 40,000$ GDP per capita and the GA ticket for Amsterdam Arena was only 55€ (rougly 70$).
Where has the common sense gone?

P.S.: despite the above fact, i am also a proud owner of a GA ticket for Zagreb..:wave:

Congratulations fellow Croatians! You managed to sell out a concert at prices that are way too high comparing to other countries:
according to IMF, Croatia makes 16,500 $ GDP per capita (world rank:52.)and charged for GA ticket just under 70€ (roughly 90$!) while for example the Netherlands ranks the top ten with over 40,000$ GDP per capita and the GA ticket for Amsterdam Arena was only 55€ (rougly 70$).
Where has the common sense gone?

P.S.: despite the above fact, i am also a proud owner of a GA ticket for Zagreb..:wave:

three reasons for this:
1) VAT (in many countries there is no VAT on art and entertainment as this...
2) ZAMP - "music" agency that has the right to collect high "tax" for concerts/radio play etc....
3) Promoter maybe want's to get more money, of course

But than again - you have German concerts with same prices as Zagreb....so it's hard to judge... and U2 doesn't take care what someones GDP is, they are here to sell out their concerts to the wider region (Hungary, Slovenia, Austria etc.) and not only Croatia

yeah, zamp charges 10% of all sold tickets, and at the end of the year gives the money to u2(stupid),while in usa it's 0.15-0.3%

How are they going to ship the tickets? I've got a message saying it would be regular mail (or registered mail?), but I'm not sure. So far, I have only got confirmation of order and payment but no shipping details.

Croatian websites and radio stations have announced, according to official sources, that the second concert will take place on the 9th!

Let's hope for a better organized ticket sale this time!

Release from Ticketpro Zagreb yesterday explaining the situation with overloaded server etc. (thanks to Google for the translation from Croatian!)

Zagreb, 30 March 2009.

Dear users,

interest for the U2 concert in Zagreb and najoptimističnija exceeded expectations, with around 120,000 users who are from all over the region visit our website to purchase tickets for the concert. In fact, it is the biggest express-soldoutu of such scale in ever and the biggest traffic e-commerce in the Republic of Croatia created a short period of time - about how the 63,000 tickets sold in just a few hours already visited regional internet.

Complete Ticketpro sales network is trained at length at the beginning of sales, which had started on Tuesday for the members of U2 fan-club. Tickets are sold for the Internet and through sales of official positions. Capacity on our servers have been increased manifold, but simply did not technically able to accept absolutely all interested in the concert, as the users and noticed. At one point measured 8000 individual-user customers in the minute that they wanted to buy a ticket, while the average was about 6500 users per minute. We are sincerely sorry for all potential users who are not able to buy a ticket, and together with our customers we hope that the organizer is able to arrange a concert or other concert, so that this story had a completely happy ending.

Please note that the U2 concert has caused the interest of all the neighboring countries with about 40 million inhabitants who pretendira to the concert, and in particular we would like to point out that the other rings of e-purchasing on the Internet, Ouroboros Payment Gateway and the card house, a well done its job and allow successful sale of tickets in the specified period. People who had problems with restoring the site to be collected on the web page Ticketpro for busy servers, and who subsequently had problems with payment, are contacted by Ticketpro with detailed instructions to continue. If the events that have not contacted, please feel free to contact us again please in order to get the tickets and resolve any doubt.

It is certain that the whole process can create, and without any flaws but Ticketpro in this work with all partners, made the pioneering work in Croatia, so we ask for the deepest understanding.

Again, apologize to all parties that remained Uskraćene in any way during the purchase and we wish you all a good time in the company of the world's music legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom