August 6 - Slaski Stadium - Chorzow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

U2lunatic

Refugee
I'm so excited they are returning to Chorzow,:hyper: this is the gig which is the closest to my home so I'll be surely attending.

So people, come here and tell me you are going too:wave:

I'm buying the tickets for Chorzow gig in a shop, personally, that means camping in front the shop, 4 or 5 hours before it opens. That's gonna be fun cos I'll meet with fellow fans but at the same time also torture because it's just about 4 degrees Celsius here these days:crack:

Good luck getting tickets, U2lunatic.

I have a hotel in Katowice already reserved, but now I have to worry about getting GA's.

Chorzow 2005 was such a legendary show, I can't miss it this time!

Wish I could go head back to my homeland for a show...unfortunately I'm leaving Europe to head back to Boston just a few days before the gig :sad:

I'm buying the tickets for Chorzow gig in a shop, personally, that means camping in front the shop, 4 or 5 hours before it opens. That's gonna be fun cos I'll meet with fellow fans but at the same time also torture because it's just about 4 degrees Celsius here these days:crack:

He, good luck!

I won't go to that show, but I'll try to get tickets for Zagreb, hope it works.

Great, I'm really looking forward to meet you there, interferencers:) Are you going to do GA, and queueing ?

Great, I'm really looking forward to meet you there, interferencers:) Are you going to do GA, and queueing ?

Yes, GA and queueing (hopefully). Will arrive in Katowice the night before the show... any idea how soon the first fans might start lining up? Any info on when the 2005 Chorzow GA queue started?

Our (Austrian) ticket site just informed me that they are offering packages with bus transfer from Vienna including GA ticket. :lol:

Hope they pull something like this for Zagreb as well. I won't be able to go to Poland, bad timing.

I think there's a chance they'll add another show if this one will sell fast.
The next show in Zagreb is on August 10. Seems like a long break between two shows :hmm:

Our (Austrian) ticket site just informed me that they are offering packages with bus transfer from Vienna including GA ticket. :lol:

Hope they pull something like this for Zagreb as well. I won't be able to go to Poland, bad timing.

isn't the bus departing just at 10:30 the day of the gig ? seems a bit late. It's gonna take at least five, six hours...

I didn't get the ticekts cos they were beign sold just on internet and I didn't have access to credit card.:sad:But I've found one person who's bought 6 tickets and he'll sell me two.Thank god.

I think there's a chance they'll add another show if this one will sell fast.
The next show in Zagreb is on August 10. Seems like a long break between two shows :hmm:

There has been a strong rumour of a second Chorzow show. I won't be shocked if one is announced in the coming days.

I didn't get the ticekts cos they were beign sold just on internet and I didn't have access to credit card.:sad:But I've found one person who's bought 6 tickets and he'll sell me two.Thank god.

Thank God you will get a ticket after all :)

So no tickets via outlets?

Yes, the bus departs at 10.30, which would be much too late anyway, and goes back directly after the concert. I guess this will be quite a long ride. It's strange they are offering packages to this concert. Regular tickets were also available on the Austrian site for a while, now they are sold out. Good news is that they will make an announcement regarding the German shows next week, maybe it will be able to buy tickets for Berlin and Gelsenkirchen here as well.

Have you been successful with Dublin tickets?

@bathiu - jaki sektor? ja ze znajomymi na płytę :hyper:
do zobaczenia w chorzowie :rockon:

po wielu rozmowach stwierdzilismy ze znajomymi, ze trybuny za 140,
z reszta jak juz udalo mi sie dostac na strone Eventim.pl to biletow na plyte juz i tak nie bylo.
Ale jest OK, bo mamy sektor 11, idealnie przed (czy "za", zalezy jak na to patrzec) scena :hyper:
do zobaczenia :)

p.s. na Vertigo bylem tylko z jedna osoba, teraz jedzie ze mna 12 osob :hyper:

I've just read that the Polish fanclub is planning to do the Polish flag again. Everybody at tribunes should have something white, everybody in GA something red.
I hoped they'd come up with something new, but nevermind. Now only hope that they'll play NYD at all...

Is this show sold out yet? I don't think so, and if not, a 2nd show is unlikely

Is this show sold out yet? I don't think so, and if not, a 2nd show is unlikely

It's not sold out yet, the most expensive tickets are still available.
The last one in 2005 sold out in two weeks (slow for other countries, but a record-breaking time over here to sell 70+k tickets), this one is on sale for one week, so there's still time.
I guess everything is still possible, as this show is the closest one for Czech Rep., Slovakia, Ukraine, Russia etc. and around the same distance as Zagreb for Austria and Hungary.
But you're probably right, there probably won't be a 2nd show, the 2nd one was going to go on sale today, Fri 27th (rumor only).

There has been a strong rumour of a second Chorzow show. I won't be shocked if one is announced in the coming days.

Yeah I agree I wouldnt be shocked if a second Chorzow show is announced but, but, BUT I have a very sneaky gut feeling that a second Zagreb show might be on the cards... according to Marko's posting in another thread on Zagreb show, apparently the Zagreb show promoter is negotiating for a second show and hopefully will have the answer by monday... :pray:..

hm, I would have thought Chorzow would have been sold out by now such as the popularity of U2 in Poland so Im a bit surprised there that its still hasnt been sold out but then Zagreb has already sold out on first day of sale today so the demand is there in Croatia....and, like the Chorzow-Zagreb gap, there is also a gap too between 10th and the Wembley date on 14th so its possible... :hmm: I guess we will have to wait and see whats announced in the coming days...

I also hope for a second show in Zagreb.

There are still tickets for Chorzow popping up here and there.
There are also a lot of packages available in different countries including Chorzow tickets.
I doubt there will be a second show.
How quickly did the Vertigo show sell out?
I would think prices are a little too high for some seats.

How quickly did the Vertigo show sell out?

after two weeks

I would think prices are a little too high for some seats.

not only for "some seats", the prices are alittle higher than in most countries
the show is on Thursday and on Monday they're starting to rebuild the stadium for Euro2012, in fact there will be cranes and some other construction equipment all around the stadium during the show.
My theory is that the stadium owners wanted more money from LiveNation/U2 :|

Well, seems talk of a second show has died hard. Anybody heard anything?

It seems to me that GA and the cheap seats would walk out the door quickly if a second show were added, but the expensive ones are proving harder to shift just for the first gig, let alone a hypothetical second.

Well, seems talk of a second show has died hard. Anybody heard anything?

It seems to me that GA and the cheap seats would walk out the door quickly if a second show were added, but the expensive ones are proving harder to shift just for the first gig, let alone a hypothetical second.

it's not that bad, there are only available tickets for a few rows in 2 sectors,
honestly I'm more surprised about Berlin (!) and all (but one) UK shows still not 'sold out' :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom