August 6 - Slaski Stadium - Chorzow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Zagreb II makes me suspect there won't be a Chorzow II, though there is still space for one.

Yes, GA and queueing (hopefully). Will arrive in Katowice the night before the show... any idea how soon the first fans might start lining up? Any info on when the 2005 Chorzow GA queue started?

In 2005 I was at 13.00 and I was very close to the left headphone. Guys if anybody need a bed night before the show just let me know. I'm from Warsaw and I belong to CS if you know what I mean:wave:

Is there a Polish version of eBay? Or an alternative auction site? I haven't seen any Chorzow tix come up on u2tix.info or eBay as yet. Maybe the Poles with tickets just ain't selling.

www.ebay.pl! Now why didn't I think of that? :)

Dziekuje bardzo bathiu! It's only the expensive seats left on the official site. I'd like GA or the £30 seats.

Just posted this on the Zagreb thread but thought I'd copy it here too. I guess we should collate responses in just one thread so please use the Zagreb one!

Would anybody be interested in sharing the hiring of a car to drive from Katowice (Chorzow) to Zagreb?

I don't drive but I'm a world-class navigator
smily.gif

It's only 338 miles and we'd have from 07 August until 09 August to cover it. We could have a night or two in Vienna too. I haven't been to Vienna before but apparently it's beautiful - and Midge Ure wrote a song about it so it must be good
smily.gif

Or Budapest could be a possibility too.

Any takers?

Right, so booking a train from Katowice to Zagreb via Rail Europe is a hopeless ripoff, lots of posts on traveller websites deriding Rail Europe's poor service and bullshit fees.

Bus looks like the best bet at this point:

Eurolines Poland - Europe's Express Coach Network

Overnight bus to Vienna is only USD$36

Can catch the train a couple of hours later to Zagreb for another $35. Makes for a long trek, but very affordable and no hassles with renting a car or riding with strangers.

Will probably wait until we get to Katowice before booking anything. If the sleeper train still has affordable space, we'll go that route, with this bus company as a back up, and other U2 fans driving down as a further back up.

On the official Snow Patrol site is written then they play on Slaski Stadium on 6 th of August that is correct but is written that they play in Chorzow on 7th of August too.

Is this old message before U2 announced their 2nd show in Zagreb?:ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom