August 6 2010, Stadio Olimpico, Turin Italy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:sad: I wish I could go, but flight connections are sooo complicated to Torino and it would be stressful to make it to Frankfurt in time for the show. I have nothing but great memories of both Milan shows last year and I'm looking forward to Rome. I wish everyone who's going to the opening show an amazing experience :up:

A few of my friends and I tossed around the idea of going to the Turin show - not looking good at the moment as flight fares are ridiculously high but someone said they saw one for under 1k from Toronto so fingers crossed :hyper:

I am trying to make my mind up whether to go for it, have no-one to go with and no cheap direct flights from the UK, but fancied the drive! 2,000 round trip but i've nothing better to do.

I am trying to make my mind up whether to go for it, have no-one to go with and no cheap direct flights from the UK, but fancied the drive! 2,000 round trip but i've nothing better to do.

I've never been to Europe, but that sounds like a great time to me! If you can afford to do it and have the time, why not? Take a nice tour through Europe by yourself, do only what you want to do. Enjoy the concert by yourself with no one else there to distract you. Then maybe take a slightly different route home and explore more of Europe. Sounds like a winner to me!

If you have the time then go for it. Alternatively, I got a ryanair flight from Stanstead to Turin for £20, maybe check that out? I'm going on my own too

Why not? Solo roadtrip!!! And you'll make so many friends there!
So, wow. This is coming up pretty soon :hyper: Wish I could be there - what a celebration it's going to be when Bono walks on that stage!

:hmm:That made me look. The only problem is the return flight is about £150 :angry:

Im actually making my way to Milan on the saturday and staying in Milan saturday night, to fly back on the sunday with BA. The flights are a bit cheaper and I get too see two cities:D But having just looked the flights have gone up for a fair bit in the last week or so

:sad:
:hmm:That made me look. The only problem is the return flight is about £150 :angry:

Exactly! well, I'm still going. I used up all my savings and I'm broke now. :lol:
It'll be worth it, though - massively.

I've got a standing ticket(I think), which I need someone to help me figure out what it says on it.

'Curva Sud 2 Anello'
'settore :curva sud non numerata'

I bought the ticket only about 2 weeks ago, so I should imagine that it won't be a nice ticket. Is this a first come first serve basis ticket, so I can queue up before the show?
Does anyone know which area of the stadium I'm going to be at?

And I'll be so greatful if someone can give me an advice how best to go the 'Stadio Olimpico' from Turin airport, please..
I heard that the taxi could be quite expensive and I'm not confident to take a bus or a train and find a way to go there!

Help me anybody, please! :sad:

Cheers,

:sad:

Exactly! well, I'm still going. I used up all my savings and I'm broke now. :lol:
It'll be worth it, though - massively.

I've got a standing ticket(I think), which I need someone to help me figure out what it says on it.

'Curva Sud 2 Anello'
'settore :curva sud non numerata'

And I'll be so greatful if someone can give me an advice how best to go the 'Stadio Olimpico' from Turin airport, please..
I heard that the taxi could be quite expensive and I'm not confident to take a bus or a train and find a way to go there!

Help me anybody, please! :sad:

Cheers,

I think your ticket is in the stands behind the stage, no allocated seat. It may well be a standing area? Or just a first come, first served for the seats.

The buses/trains seem pretty straightforward into Turin, depending on where you are staying. I have all the info on my pc at work, i'll post it for you on monday. When do you fly?

I think your ticket is in the stands behind the stage, no allocated seat. It may well be a standing area? Or just a first come, first served for the seats.

The buses/trains seem pretty straightforward into Turin, depending on where you are staying. I have all the info on my pc at work, i'll post it for you on monday. When do you fly?

Oh, cheers, KEVIN051269 :)

I think you're right about the ticket.:hmm:

I'm flying from Stansted at 6 am, and arriving at Turin 9:15 in the moring, on the day of the show(6th)!
I haven't book the accommodation yet, I'd better do now.:reject:

Oh, cheers, KEVIN051269 :)

I think you're right about the ticket.:hmm:

I'm flying from Stansted at 6 am, and arriving at Turin 9:15 in the moring, on the day of the show(6th)!
I haven't book the accommodation yet, I'd better do now.:reject:

I originally booked, by mistake, the flight on the 5th. Realising my error I then booked the same flight as you which was the one I meant to book. The problem with having a 'choice' of flights is that now I think I want to go on the thursday:lol:

So if anyone wants a cheap flight friday morning I can 'sell' it to you for the Ryanair 'admin cost' price of £35 (presuming that they let you change the name of person travelling)

I originally booked, by mistake, the flight on the 5th. Realising my error I then booked the same flight as you which was the one I meant to book. The problem with having a 'choice' of flights is that now I think I want to go on the thursday:lol:

So if anyone wants a cheap flight friday morning I can 'sell' it to you for the Ryanair 'admin cost' price of £35 (presuming that they let you change the name of person travelling)

Yeah, it'll be nice to have some time before the show and to just look around the city. Are you flying back on Saturday like me? I wish I had more time to spend in Turin, but nevermind:sad:

Good luck with your spare flight ticket! (maybe you can refund it or something?)

Yeah, it'll be nice to have some time before the show and to just look around the city. Are you flying back on Saturday like me? I wish I had more time to spend in Turin, but nevermind:sad:

Good luck with your spare flight ticket! (maybe you can refund it or something?)

I actually fly back from Milan to Birmingham on sunday, Bham airport is only 15mins from my house, so you can guess what time Ive gotta get up to arrive in Stanstead for about 4am!

Hey everyone! :wave: I'm not usually based around these parts (I'm a regular on @U2) but I was wondering if anyone's going to Turin GA who'll be queuing around 6 AM or thereabouts? I'm going alone and haven't a word of Italian in my head for talking to people around me, but I'd love the chance to hang out with some fellow U2 fans in the queue before the gig!

Hey everyone! :wave: I'm not usually based around these parts (I'm a regular on @U2) but I was wondering if anyone's going to Turin GA who'll be queuing around 6 AM or thereabouts? I'm going alone and haven't a word of Italian in my head for talking to people around me, but I'd love the chance to hang out with some fellow U2 fans in the queue before the gig!

There'll be quite a number of ppl already lining up. Including me and some other German fans. I suggest you just sit down next to someone and say hello ;). The rest should come easily if the ppl next to you know some manner ;).
thatz what I did last year in Gothenburg, and I ended up in front row catwalk coz the ppl I talked to made space for me then.

That's my plan at the moment, I'm just worried that I'll end up surrounded by Italian speakers without a clue of how to communicate!

Hope this is of use

Turin Airport to City

Express Rail Service: The railway station is located very near the air terminal. Rail service between the air terminal and GTT Dora Station in northwestern Turin takes 19 minutes, also stopping at Madonna di Campagna. Departures are every 30 minutes to Turin from 06:49am to 09:19pm and back to the airport from 05:13am to 07:43pm. You can buy a full-day ticket that can be used on public transport in Turin as well.

Bus Service:: Bus service between downtown and the Turin airport has several stops enroute to the Porta Nuova main railway station including Porta Susa railway station. The bus leaves and arrives at Porta Nuova at the corner of Corso Vittorio Emanuele II and Via Sacchi.

From the airport the bus leaves on the arrivals level just in front of the exit. There are ticket machines inside or you can buy them at the tourist office or the newstand in the departure lounge.

CASELLE AEROPORTO (liv. arrivi) 09 25 09.55 10.25 CASELLE T.SE - str.Aerop. (fronte n° 36) 09.28 09.58 10.28 CASELLE T.SE - via Torino (fronte n° 99) 09.29 09.59 10.29 BORGARO TOR.SE - via Lanzo, 157 09.35 10.05 10.35 TORINO - via Borgaro, 103 09.46 10.16 10.46 TORINO - Staz. FS Porta Susa 09.59 10.29 10.59 TORINO - Staz. FS Porta Nuova 10.06 10.36 11.06

Taxi: The taxi rank is located on the left at the exit of the Arrivals level. In January 2006, the approximate cost of a taxi to the city center is 30-40 euros.

Porta Nuova to Stadio Olimpico

Tram - 4 - via Delle Querce Falchera - strada del Drosso - Direction: Drosso Capolinea
Service run by Gruppo Torinese Trasporti

Walking to Stadium from Porta Nuova

1. Head northwest on Corso Vittorio Emanuele II toward Via Andrea Massena 453 ft
2. Turn left at Corso Re Umberto 1.3 mi
3. Slight left to stay on Corso Re Umberto 226 ft
4. Slight left at Piazzale Costantino il Grande 105 ft
5. Continue onto Corso Galileo Ferraris 0.5 mi
6. Turn right at Corso Sebastopoli
Destination will be on the left 0.2 mi

Alternativley follow someone in a U2 shirt:lol:

Not sure if this applies to trams or just trains?

Before you go to your train--validate that train ticket! Just before you board your train, find the yellow box like the one shown in the upper right and insert the end of your ticket. This prints the time and date of the first use of your ticket, and makes it valid for the journey. There are stiff fines for not validating your ticket. If you forget, try pleading that you're just a dumb tourist. It has worked before, but it works less and less as time passes

Hi, there will be 24 of us coming from Croatia with bus. We will try to enter inside, under The Claw. Hope we will make it. And most of us will have this T-Shirt:

77130812.jpg

This is a great T-shirt! Where did you get that picture of Edge from? I'd love it to be the cover of a multicam. Do you have one left? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom