August 25, 2010 - Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow, Russia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4U2Play

Refugee
First time U2 will play in Russia.

Can't wait to experience the chaotic GA line!

Luzhniki (aka Lenin) Stadium

800px-Luzhniki_Stadium_Moscow.jpg

Artificial pitch for football matches

Michael Jackson and Madonna played here

Luzhniki.jpg

Hey, does anyone know where to buy tickets to concerts in Russia? Is there a Ticketmaster type company there?

the most popular ticket companies in Russia are concert.ru , parter.ru , kontramarka.ru , kassir.ru . But at this moment i have no idea which site will trade u2 tickets

According to my flatmate, they are well known there. She says the Russians will be quite excited for that opportunity. When I scored her tickets for the Berlin gig she immediately posted the news on the Russian facebook equivalent and well, she made quite a bunch of Russians very jealous. :wink:

Anyone know what the craic is with obtaining a visa?

There seems to be a lot of websites offering a visa service but i'm not really sure how much you should be paying, if at all:confused:

Anyone know what the craic is with obtaining a visa?

There seems to be a lot of websites offering a visa service but i'm not really sure how much you should be paying, if at all:confused:

i think its about £100

I had a look at the Russian embassy homepage and it seems they have outsourced the processing to some other company called VFS Global. The fees are much better than I expected though at £25.30 for standard service or £32.30 for next working day (fees).

I've always wanted to visit Moscow - could this be the excuse I have been waiting for?

i went to Russia in 2006-- you have to pay an independent agency to get your Visa. (it's a little sketchy-- i have no idea why you can't just do it at the Russian embassy!) I think it cost about $100, and I got my Visa within a few days.

Russia is a very interesting country, but I am not sure that I would want to do GA there.... Also, for those who are going to this show, you should definitely take a few days and go up to St. Petersburg-- I personally thought that it was a much more beautiful city than Moscow, and slightly more tourist-friendly....

£100 for a visa seems a bit excessive for a short visit, wonder if I could haggle :)

For anybody thinking of going I highly recommend the Michel Thomas and Pimsleur audio language courses, both excellent for getting a few useful phrases into your memory, and also for learning the alphabet.

£100 for a visa seems a bit excessive for a short visit, wonder if I could haggle :)

For anybody thinking of going I highly recommend the Michel Thomas and Pimsleur audio language courses, both excellent for getting a few useful phrases into your memory, and also for learning the alphabet.

YES, definitely learn the Russian alphabet before you go-- there are no street signs in English. it doesn't take long-- I made some flash cards :nerd: on the plane ride over and had it down by the time i got there. good call, Cathal! :)

as for phrases, i think the only ones i knew were "hello/goodbye" and "thank you"... (and, um, "Baltika"...).

The Pimsleur course especially has excellent lessons to learn the alphabet. It'll have you reading and pronouncing words correctly (without necessarily knowing what they all mean) within an hour. And do it two or three times and you should breeze around Moscow easily :)

Can I buy 2 per 30 euro and 2 per 150 using presale? Or I can buy all 4 in one sector only? Somebody knows?

If doing Moscow, start in Finland and make your way there!

Having lived and worked in Russia for years, I'd recommend a great idea is what my mom and I are doing -- going to the shows in Finland, then flying to St. Petersburg to tour around for a few days, then take the night train to Moscow, and do the show(s) there. I agree, if this is your 1st time to Russia, St. Pete is a MUST.

Getting visas is a bit tricky -- you need sponsorship (a letter from someone inside Russia -- either a friend, an organization or travel agency) and you MUST register your visa once in the country. I'm looking into arranging this for some folks, as I used to run exchange programs over there. If you're interested, let me know.

i went to Russia in 2006-- you have to pay an independent agency to get your Visa. (it's a little sketchy-- i have no idea why you can't just do it at the Russian embassy!) I think it cost about $100, and I got my Visa within a few days.

Russia is a very interesting country, but I am not sure that I would want to do GA there.... Also, for those who are going to this show, you should definitely take a few days and go up to St. Petersburg-- I personally thought that it was a much more beautiful city than Moscow, and slightly more tourist-friendly....

Love Baltika -- for me, #9!

YES, definitely learn the Russian alphabet before you go-- there are no street signs in English. it doesn't take long-- I made some flash cards :nerd: on the plane ride over and had it down by the time i got there. good call, Cathal! :)

as for phrases, i think the only ones i knew were "hello/goodbye" and "thank you"... (and, um, "Baltika"...).

Moscow pre-sale query

Just wondering if anyone has heard any rumours about when the Moscow pre-sale might be? I've been saving my pre-sale code to use for this one, and have been trying to keep my work diary empty on the presale dates/times each week just in case, but I can't really do that indefinitely...

I heard something about it taking a while to sort out because the ticket agencies aren't really geared up for the whole online pre-sale thing, but have heard nothing else.

Thanks in advance for any info!

yes, I heard the same thing, that there is some problem with the local ticket vendor that Live Nation contracts with, hence the delay. Eventim.de doesn't have a presence in Russia, yet, so LN has to rely on this company that needs new servers to handle the onslaught.

I just hope U2 don't back out of the Moscow date due to ticketing or security or other unique Moscow problems. Hope they can sort it out soon, I'm saving my code for Russia tickets, too.

I'll be hugely disappointed if they pull out. I have tickets for Coimbra 1 but really want to go to more than one show. Fingers crossed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom